Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #121
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

Now Ladies: thoughts and advice--should I wait and go to the scattering of the ashes?. I don't know what to do.
A Celebration of Life is a joyous occasion, many friends and family. Sometimes the scattering of the ashes is a small group. It's a hard decision but if you can only be at one, I think the celebration would be the choice I would make.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #122
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I tend to agree with Trudi. I think the first one would be a little nicer to go to and you would be able to express your condolences to everyone and I think it would be a nice celebration of her life! Plus it would be AFTER thanksgiving and BEFORE Christmas. The other is so close to Christmas. Just a thought about travel and all. Ultimately though it is whatever works best with your schedule and whatever you think you would prefer to go to the most.

I like the idea of donating to the charity. So rather than us going in as a group should we just donate indiv then to the African charity?

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #123
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Beth, I think if your kids are generally healthy and can easily fight off other viruses, etc., they should be fine without the immunization. Dawn had a history of respiratory issues and pneumonia. It's people with that type of history that are in true danger of this virus. My kids were able to get through it relatively easily by me giving them Oscillo and large doses of Vit. D3. As a matter of fact, I would encourage everyone to be taking Vit. D3 since it has been proven to prevent and kill the H1N1 virus.

That's just my take on it, and I know others will disagree.
I completely agree with Callie. My Dr said the same thing about Vitamin D3. I'm vitamin D deficient so I supplement with this every day. Due to my respiratory illness I had so badly in March and April of this year, my Dr HIGHLY reccommended I get it. That and the heart issues. Believe it or not...today we ALL got it. I went back and forth for a long time. I did my homework and decided to do it for all of us. There are risks yes, but I'd rather be alive with the risks if that makes sense. Chris also got it today, (surprise surprise). He has had cases of chronic pnuemonia so they were ok with him doing it. Davids dad has asthma so he got one as well. Very strange, I honestly didn't even feel the shot. We ended up waiting 3 hours for it.

Anyway, I know everyone has different views on it. I kept asking myself if I was making the right choice. I feel I did. Ayden CONSTANTLY has his hands at his mouth and I can't protect him 24/7 so I'm glad I did it.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #124
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Cheryl, I would love to go with you, but just can't. I know many of us will be there in spirit. I love knowing that at least one of us will be there.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I read this & found it fitting....hopefully it will help others too:
That's nice Laurie, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirlz View Post
It's a risk both ways, and a hard choice to make.
Yes, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

You can totally do it! They are so easy. You just want to do it a day ahead of time, so it can cool.

Well, I didn't love the movie.
I'm going to try making the pie, with a stand by one from Claim Jumper just in case. lol

But did you love Jacob minus his shirt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

What's everyone doing? I'm stuffing my stocking for exchange gal.
Nothing much here. It's a short week for the kids so none of them had much homework. We are just chilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Oh Tina, your boyfriends been making eyes at me again !!
What a pic!

Quote:

Now Ladies: thoughts and advice--should I wait and go to the scattering of the ashes?. I don't know what to do.
Well, the Celebration of her life sounds better to me, but it's really up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

I like the idea of donating to the charity. So rather than us going in as a group should we just donate indiv then to the African charity?
I'm going to check out that link. I like the thought of doing something with a lasting impact on something that was dear to her. kwim?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #125
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Cheryl, I wish I could make it to El Paso...... I will definitely be there in spirit, if not personally attending.

Last edited by Queenbillabong; 11-24-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #126
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post

Anyway, I know everyone has different views on it. I kept asking myself if I was making the right choice. I feel I did. Ayden CONSTANTLY has his hands at his mouth and I can't protect him 24/7 so I'm glad I did it.
That's good. I guess I need to talk to Ruben again. I don't want to be the one to make this decision. Can't I just keep them home in a bubble?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #127
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's good. I guess I need to talk to Ruben again. I don't want to be the one to make this decision. Can't I just keep them home in a bubble?
Oh how I wish it were that easy. It's a tough choice to make. I say do your homework and research it for yourself.

Capri I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on at your house. ((( hugs )))
Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #128
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Am I finally the first!?!

Yay! It's the little things that tickle me. I love the new thread smell.

I had an idea for the arm bands. How about if we get a ribbon printed with one of Dawn's sayings for it?

I like many others loved her "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

I think it would make a great memory for us all. I do still like my idea about the photo buttons also though.
I love the printed ribbon idea as well as the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I know we are all sad and grieving but maybe it might help to post something happy or funny about Dawn?

I know that in the last year that I have known Dawn we have shared many texts and some rather funny late night calls.

(I am going to try to post this without getting in trouble from the mods, and if I do thats ok. It will be worth it. I changed names and left out info to protect the innocent.....)

As I am sitting here trying to finish my last assignment of the week, I keep thinking of Dawn. Then I just started laughing, I could hear her voice from a conversation we had a months ago, before we became the founding members of the Bad Girls Club!! One night after Dawn had seen a post on the Divas board she responded to the lunch lady and before she had posted it she called me and we laughed and laughed. I can still hear her voice as she was like everyone has problems, no ones is worse than anyone elses.
I remember at one point I was laughing so hard I woke Jordan up.

Then when I had knee surgery in June, she sent me the nicest care package. Along with some very interesting maple bacon suckers. I thought she was crazy or had lacked taste buds.

Her potato money winnings in Vegas. That was such a great time getting to visit with her again!

In July when I had a miscarriage, she just knew the right words to say to comfort you.

Last month at Sallys birthday party. Talking with her and seeing how much her loved ones meant to her.
She is one of a kind.

Now while we both found out we had the flu and I confided in her some other news. She was excited and very understanding how secrets need to be kept until the time is right. She was very caring and understanding.

We both sent each other texts to get well soon and how are feelin. Are you coughing up this color of stuff (TMI in know), what can you eat. Dawn was truely a great friend, an amazing woman, and I will forever miss her.

So what is your happy memory of Dawn???

Last month I was freaking out about having to wear business casual for a week as I'm so used knowing exactly what I'm going to wear every day, I really don't have a lot of options when it comes to a uniforn. Dawn took the time to research how to put together a wardrobe along with a lot of options for me to look at. While it may seem small the fact that she took that time out of her busy life for me meant a great deal to me.

Quote:
I actually like the photo buttons even better than the arm band idea! You can buy those photo buttons at Michaels for a small dollar amount, and if someone could just print up a picture for us to put in there, that would be great. I just wanted something that could be worn each and every day. And the arm band sprung to mind, but the photo would be sweet too.

Quote:
No! I will try it tomorrow. How funny! I bet you they're really good too.

In the exchange box she gave me some rubber bracelets that say "party girl" on them. I'm going to wear one tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too! Courtney I'll be thinking of you and Dawn tomorrow when I try my sucker.
So ladies how did the lollipops taste???

Quote:
I like the pic of her in her Minnie ears too. And maybe something simple, like Love and Light.

Also for sure when we do the group photo, we need to make sure to have a large photo of her to hold up so she is still part of our group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post

This post is more about how special Dawn is. She, Sally, Kelly (my daughter), and I had gone to Storyteller's Cafe for lunch at the end of our Diva meet in March of this year, and in our conversation I mentioned how both my parents are gone.

Well, from that time until the MouseAdventure in April, she put together a special box for me. She put a LOT of work in decorating it, and put charms, mementos, words like "Faith" "Trust" "Hope" and other special things. Then she filled this box with lots of little trinkets that she spent time gathering - a feather, a heart (hand-made with more trinkets glued to it), a cross, and other things that I could take out and look at when thinking about my parents. Each item was individually wrapped in beautiful paper that she made herself.

I was overwhelmed when she gifted me with it, and to this day I treasure it. It now is my Dawn box, and holds a special place in my home and in my heart.

This is just a small part of what made up Miss Dawn, and how she spent her energy and love thinking of others.

She really is special, and I wish I could have spent more time and really got to know her better. Some of you are really really lucky to have been part of her inner circle of friends.
Dawn took time to do something special for everyone she came across and that is part of what made her so special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Mary Jo that is so special. I agree that those who were closest to her were VERY lucky. I didn't get to see her very much at all at the first meet and then not much in Oct either but we had a nice chat at Tratoria and I am SO thankful for that! I only wish I had been able to go to miss sally's party!

She just made everything SO special!

To me what I will always remember is her wonderful laughter, her cute Texas accent and how she made everything so fun. Like the candy buffet with all the amazing decorations she did and the scavenger hunt decorations and gifts. She just LOVED making everything so special and that is what made her so special. Those that were so lucky as to get her as an exchange buddy were so lucky because I know how special she did EVERYTHING! She just made everything special and magical!
ITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
I love the idea of the photo button and my thought would be to have it say something like "Eternal Diva".

To me Dawn was a ball of pure energy and a woman who knew exactly what she wanted to get out of life and how to make the most of every experience. She was also the type of person to always go the extra mile to make everyone around her happy and to make everything a memory.

I'll never forget watching her at the end of our ill fated VIP tour last year, and the joy she took in watching Miss Sally while we rode the Lily Belle. It was one of the moments that connected the generations. For some reason I could just picture her taking the twinikins for a ride on the Lily Belle at some point in the future and listening to her tell them the story of how their great great grandfather worked on the railroad and how much their great grandma had enjoyed it when she got to ride on the DL train for the first time.

Dawn's presence was just so much larger than life that it really seems impossible that she won't physically be with us on any of the future Diva trips.
She took so much joy in seeing others happy. Her spirit will be with us all in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Last year I lost a dear friend of mine that I had only known online for the last 4 years on a yahoo support group for families with kids that are deaf or hard of hearing. But, she has touched so many of our lives and we all wanted to share with her family, how much she had meant to us and how she had impacted our lives and our childrens lives, etc.

Someone came up with the idea to create a group photo book. So an account was created on shutterfly and someone started the book. Then everyone logged on as they had time and created their own page and text. There was a deadline, someone edited everything and then ordered the books. We ordered two of them, because there were two kids and we thought they would each like to have one.

One of the cool things about it was that you could read everyone's entry and so it was sort of healing to "experience it" together with other grieving friends.

They did not get them until a month or so after she had gone, but the family wrote a note to all our collective group and it seemed to mean a lot to them.

I really could not be in charge of the project, but I would be willing to pay for it upfront and order it, if someone else could be in charge of the editing. After it was finished, I could post the final amount and anyone that wanted to contribute could. When we did the other books it came to about $8.00 per person for two books.

Just throwing it out there.

Like Jane and Deb, I was thinking about some of the funny conversations I had with Dawn and I think it would be great to share those with each other as well as the family.
I like the photobook idea especially for her grandbabies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Dearest ladies,

I don't even know where to begin. ( Cheryl kept me informed, throughout the whole weekend. Thanks Cheryl)

As I'm writing, the tears are falling and I can not stop them.

I know some of you know this, but Dawn has been my kindred spirit.

We had so many things in common, children and grandchildren, faith, and even had the same political views.

She was my "Good Morning" person everyday, and what did our day have in store for us kind of conversation.

I am going to miss her terribly.

Hugs and prayers to everyone who are hurting too.

Mel

PS- It's Kaitlyn's 16th birthday on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow night we are having a big bash for her at the bowling alley with about 50 kids. I will be quite busy with that and preparing for Thanksgiving day also.
I think Kelly said this on our last thread but I so wish that we were all close enough for a gigantic group hug, lots of chocolate, and maybe even some adult beverages.

Quote:
Good Morning all.

I dreamed about Dawn. I can't really remember much about it, but we were all bowling and laughing alot. I don't even know if she liked to bowl, and I haven't been for years, but heck we were having a blast last night!

Tracey, I like the photobook idea. I was going to suggest the brick at Disneyland also and giving the family the replica brick. She already has a brick though, and I think the photobook is an even better idea anyway! It could really share with them how special we all knew she was.

The boys and I are still coughing and hacking with a slight runny nose. They've had it for 2 weeks now, and I've had it for a month. No school today. Nathan has a speech eval for the public schools at 12:30 and I hope he's well enough for it.

Also, don't forget to send me any good pictures of Dawn that you have. I'd really like to have some good shots of her from the October trip. My email is Heatherc130@gmail.com I received a few nice ones, but need more.
I hope you and your sons are feeling better soon.

Quote:
Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Cheryl, this is beautiful.

Would you believe that I have tickets to see Wicked next week in San Fran? I'm going on my annual Christmas shopping trip with my friends, and we saw it was playing there and bought tickets.

Now that song is going to mean something very special when I hear it sung.
I hope you have a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Very special, Cheryl. Very nice. I like it.

I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.

I like the armband and button ideas, too.

I have some happy Dawn moments I will share, but not today. The pain is still too much for me. But I will say this...seeing the purple ant head sticking out of my party bag from Sally's party last month made me smile yesterday when I was doing laundry.

Thank goodness we have a short week at work. I am ready for a L-O-N-G weekend!
I'm ready for the weekend too. I think Sally would like the blanket a great deal.

Quote:
Cheryl, I love that song, and it seems to fit perfectly for your friendship with Dawn. I think she would say the same about you.

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving week and hold your families close and show love & light to all those around you.

Thanks ladies!
Thoughts and prayers for your family.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #129
21yankees

Quote:
Callie--that is not being selfish. Dawn would not want us to put our lives on hold.
Absolutely!
Quote:
This grandma is 88. She is extremely stubborn and controlling, but thinks she's doing the right thing by not burdening anyone. She has a very strong faith and just keeps telling (telling, not asking, cuz she's like that) Jesus to take her home. She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic.
My grandma was the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I know I completely agree with that! Everyday I think about when will be the next time I get to see some of our ladies!!

I like the button and the ribbon idea, we could do both...

Definitely praying for your mom and grandma. My dad is the same way; whenever I get an email or phone call from my brother, I'm scared that he's going to tell me something like that.

As someone who lost my mom almost 20 years ago, one of the saddest thoughts was that my kids (at that time, we only had Christine, who was 8 months old when she died) would never have a grandma. I had a pretty close relationship with both of my grandmas and to imagine that my kids wouldn't have that was so sad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.
Nothing wrong with the way you are feeling. Everyone grieves differently and there is no right way or wrong way to do it.

Quote:
I am sad that you and stacielee (and others) won't get to know her better too. But, to quote another friend--"it's all good"--any misunderstanding had been cleared up. Stacielee--she really felt like that day they ran into you at the parks was a turning point. So don't fret either of you about any "misunderstanding."

and on a more pleasant note--pumpkin pie and gingersnaps with coffee are a good diet today, right?
Love the food choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
On a day like today, that or some hot chocolate sounds perfect.
Make mine with whipped creme!

Quote:
you would be more than welcome.

I just finished the coffee--I bought some cappucino mix yesterday (mocha) so I think that is next. Unless I manage to get dressed and go to Starbucks.
Did you make it to Starbucks? I had a caramel apple spice today.

Quote:
So this Thanksgiving I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie for the first time ever. I love to bake but never baked a pie before. We usually order ours. Hope I can pull it off.
(
If you buy canned pumpkin (libby's brand) there's a simple and very tasty recipe for pumpkin pie right on the can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
This is what I bought for Dawn at Disneyland. I'd like to send it to Mel to be passed along to Sally. I was thinking of wrapping it in Christmas paper with a note saying to open it on Christmas. It would be kinda like she is getting a present from Dawn. Is anyone else still sending what they planned to give to Dawn? I think - hope - that it will make Christmas a little easier for Sally. So what do you guys think?
I think Sally will love it.

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #130
21yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I'm sorry I haven't been on our new thread before this. We've been living in a mess for a few days, and still living in it, and then Dawn passed away, and I'm just....well....a mess.

I love both the button and armband idea to wear in Dawn's memory.

Beth - Pumkin pie is one of the easiest to make and a great first pie to tackle. Go for it!

Cheryl - LOVE those lyrics! They are beautiful.....but they made me weepy and tear up again.

Callie - Your grandma, mom, and family are in my prayers. Older folks can get stubborn (more stubborn and controlling than when they were younger) and messed up with their thinking, and I think it stems from being depressed. My dad is 82 years old, and he can be SO stubborn sometimes, and I know he gets depressed because he really can't do anything anymore and he requires quite a bit of care from my mom. But heck, we would never give up food.....or having a glass of wine in the evening! That's all he has to look forward to everyday - lol.

So I've had a terrible, horrible weekend, and with everything else going on here, Dawn's passing really brought me down to a point I've never felt before. Our gas water heater broke and flooded our basement Friday night and most of Saturday (it's a walk-out daylight basement where our family room is, so we spend a lot of time together there). Our carpet down there is completely ruined and needs to be replace. Our whole house smells like a really strong mixture of dirty wet dog and mildew. We haven't had any hot water for three days (and the cold water up here this time of year is COLD!). I couldn't take it anymore and had to take a bath today, so I had to heat pots of water on our stove to take a bath with. We are getting our water heater replaced tomorrow (no gas plumbers available to do it today) and that is going to cost $1600. I don't know how we're going to pay for that, let alone new carpet. Before this, I was wondering how we were going to buy our boys Christmas presents.....and now I'm just.....completely broken in so many ways. I'm just so sad and drained and emotional spent. I don't know what we're going to do.

Crud, I'm crying again just writing about it all. Oh man.....it's just really tough right now.
Keeping good thoughts for you and your family.

Quote:
Ok everyone--i have been looking at flights to El Paso and am awaiting more details of Dawn's memorial. I have also asked her friend Paula about hotels.

Before I book--and I don't want anyone to think I'm expecting anyone else to go but I don't want anyone to be excluded either--but is anyone else planning on going? If so I would like to coordinate. Otherwise I'll just go ahead and book based on the info received.
Quote:
Here is the update from Bob:

Good evening all,
As you all know, we lost our Dawn. She put up a valiant fight; but in the end her body just wore out. I know for a fact she is happier where she is now and probably has it all decorated and organized.
I want everyone to know who has been praying and thinking about us that you gave us great comfort. When we were in quarantine my only access to the outside world was my Blackberry. I read every, text, every email and every phone message to her. I am positive she heard everyone of them.
We have made the arrangements today, which I am happy to say match her wishes. Attached to this email is a copy of the obituary that will be posted in the El Paso Times and The Valley Morning Star. It contains the details of the arrangements. If you can attend either one of the events it will not be a funeral; but a celebration of Dawn's life and the marvelous impact she had on us all.
Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. If I may let me impose one last time for the folks that have been forwarding the email chain to do so one more time.

Thank you,

Bob

Dawn Denise Field

Dawn Denise Field of El Paso, age 45, died Sunday, November 22, 2009, after a valiant struggle with a short illness.

Dawn was a transplanted South Texan. She graduated from Harlingen High School in 1982, where she was a Lieutenant in the famed Harlingen Cardettes. Shortly after her graduation, she met the Love of her life, Robert Field. She and Bob were married 26 years ago.

She was so proud of her children, Emily Conry ( Jeffrey) and Cullen Field. Her grandchildren, in whom she took great delight, are Rosalyn, Faye and Logan.

Dawn is also survived by her mother and father, Sally and Charles Manning, her brother, Matthew Manning, and her parents-in-law, Jeanette and Dr. Robert Field, all of whom loved her greatly.

Dawn was gentle and loving, and touched lives wherever she went, whether marketing for her and Bob’s beloved Sierra Title Company, or traveling to Anaheim to participate in Dis Board, where she worked with friends from across America.

A celebration of Dawn’s life will be held on +++++++++++, at 10:30 a.m. at Martin Funeral Home 128 N Resler Dr, El Paso. Steve Carvalho will be Master of Ceremonies.

An informal memorial service and scattering of ashes will occur on South Padre Island on ++++++++.

One of Dawn’s favorite projects is Water Wells for Africa, and she was hoping to fund a village water well this year in Her and Bob’s name. Any contributions to Water Wells for Africa, P.O. Box 635, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267 (www.waterwellsforafrica.org ) in place of flowers would be appreciated.

The family wishes to express its heartfelt gratitude to the doctors and staff at Sierra Medical Center for their tireless and professional efforts on Dawn’s behalf.

__________________________________________________ ________

I edited the dates because of an abundance of caution. I've heard of people who burglarize homes while people are at funerals I of course will share with any of Dawn's friends on this board.

Wish I could go but I'll be there in spirit too.

I'd go to her celebration of life but do whatever you are comfortable with.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #131
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post

Did you make it to Starbucks? I had a caramel apple spice today.

No--I never got out of my nightie today.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #132
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
And you call yourself a lawyer!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #133
21yankees

I think I'm caught up.

Today was just one of those days. Glad it's almost over. I have been baking for the last 4+ hours and have about 1-2 hours left. I have made banana muffins, pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, cupcakes, apple turnovers and I'm about to start chocolate chip cookies. My squadron is having a bake sale tomorrow to raise money for our Christmas party, I'm hoping we have a good turnout.

I'll be back on later to check in.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #134
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Capri I hope things turn around for you soon!

I won't be able to make it to Texas but my thoughts will be there.

Sarah

Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #135
mommaU4

Quote:
Good for you. I rarely do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
I think I'm caught up.

Today was just one of those days. Glad it's almost over. I have been baking for the last 4+ hours and have about 1-2 hours left. I have made banana muffins, pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, cupcakes, apple turnovers and I'm about to start chocolate chip cookies. My squadron is having a bake sale tomorrow to raise money for our Christmas party, I'm hoping we have a good turnout.

I'll be back on later to check in.

steph
Wow Steph, that is awesome!! I'll take the cupcakes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: