Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #106
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I'm sorry--I had to smile when I read that.
Me too. But I will pray for your Mom the rest of the family that probably are the ones suffering the most.

Cheryl, I loved your song quote from Wicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
That is so cute and perfect for Dawn. She had told us that she was going to do her entire tree in Disney this year. My gift to her is two Alice in Wonderland Ornaments - I thought since she and Miss Sally were characters from Alice for the Oct. mini meet trick or treat party that she might like them. I have already had them sent to Melody so I'll talk to Melody about sending them to Miss Sally.
I think Miss Sally will find comfort in knowing how much everyone was touched by Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

Crud, I'm crying again just writing about it all. Oh man.....it's just really tough right now.
Oh Capri! I'm so sorry you are dealing with all that stuff. Those unexpected expenses suck at anytime, and right before Xmas are extra bad, and then just the mess alone! I agree with Cheryl and your own reasoning, it probably doesn't make sense to file a claim.

Hang in there. Something has to give!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #107
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Quote:
So I've had a terrible, horrible weekend, and with everything else going on here, Dawn's passing really brought me down to a point I've never felt before. Our gas water heater broke and flooded our basement Friday night and most of Saturday (it's a walk-out daylight basement where our family room is, so we spend a lot of time together there). Our carpet down there is completely ruined and needs to be replace. Our whole house smells like a really strong mixture of dirty wet dog and mildew. We haven't had any hot water for three days (and the cold water up here this time of year is COLD!). I couldn't take it anymore and had to take a bath today, so I had to heat pots of water on our stove to take a bath with. We are getting our water heater replaced tomorrow (no gas plumbers available to do it today) and that is going to cost $1600. I don't know how we're going to pay for that, let alone new carpet. Before this, I was wondering how we were going to buy our boys Christmas presents.....and now I'm just.....completely broken in so many ways. I'm just so sad and drained and emotional spent. I don't know what we're going to do.

Crud, I'm crying again just writing about it all. Oh man.....it's just really tough right now.
Hang in there friend--you will get through this, but it does suck in the meantime. I am so sorry that everything seems so cruddy right now for you and so many other Divas. But, I keep reminding myself that when God closes a door he opens a window. Now, we just have to convince ourselves not to jump out Seriously, things will get better--they have to, right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #108
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
But, I keep reminding myself that when God closes a door he opens a window. Now, we just have to convince ourselves not to jump out
Old 11-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #109
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Now, we just have to convince ourselves not to jump out Seriously, things will get better--they have to, right?
So that's the reason they're taking the balconies off the DLH . . . . .

Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #110
toocherie

Ok everyone--i have been looking at flights to El Paso and am awaiting more details of Dawn's memorial. I have also asked her friend Paula about hotels.

Before I book--and I don't want anyone to think I'm expecting anyone else to go but I don't want anyone to be excluded either--but is anyone else planning on going? If so I would like to coordinate. Otherwise I'll just go ahead and book based on the info received.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #111
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Hugs Capri, what a rough time for you right now. I hope you find some peace soon.

Cheryl, I would love to go with you, but just can't. I know many of us will be there in spirit. I love knowing that at least one of us will be there.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 11-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #112
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I read this & found it fitting....hopefully it will help others too:

God hath not promised skies
Always blue,
Flowers-strewn pathways all
Our lives through;
God hath not promised sun
Without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace
Without pain.
But God hath promised strength
For the day.
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help
From above,
Unfailing sympathy
Undying love...

Author Unknown

(((((Capri)))))) extra hugs for you.....it can only get better (that's what my dad always said to me).....hopefully tomorrow will be better

***Hugs**** for everyone else!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #113
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Our pediatrician is saying no to the H1N1 shot. She says it is carrying to many risk some that they were not aware of when they released it, and we have had a good many people where I live have reactions. It has been deadly for some kids, and pregnant women. This is the information from our pediatrician, so we arent going to do it. I just don't feel good about either choices. It's a 50/50 chance, and I just am scared to give a shot that could harm my child then I just made a bad mistake. It's a risk both ways, and a hard choice to make. I also was very sad to read about Dawn. When I first read she was sick I kept checking for updates, and praying she was strong enough to beat it again, and it really does feel like you're in a fog. I send my prayers, and sympathies to her family.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #114
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Ok everyone--i have been looking at flights to El Paso and am awaiting more details of Dawn's memorial. I have also asked her friend Paula about hotels.

Before I book--and I don't want anyone to think I'm expecting anyone else to go but I don't want anyone to be excluded either--but is anyone else planning on going? If so I would like to coordinate. Otherwise I'll just go ahead and book based on the info received.
I wish I could join you but I have a business trip next week. My thoughts will be with all of you.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #115
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.
That's ok, Cristabel. We all mourn in our own ways. I, for one, am a blithering idiot whenever somebody dies. A couple of years ago, Marty and I went to something like 8 funerals in the year. I should have been a stick figure from all the water loss that resulted from all the crying!

Quote:
and on a more pleasant note--pumpkin pie and gingersnaps with coffee are a good diet today, right?
Totally on the diet. Although I'd go for a gingerbread latte and pumpkin pie or pumpkin loaf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

So this Thanksgiving I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie for the first time ever. I love to bake but never baked a pie before. We usually order ours. Hope I can pull it off.

You can totally do it! They are so easy. You just want to do it a day ahead of time, so it can cool.

Quote:
Hi ladies--here is an update on memorial services for Dawn:

Cheryl -
I just found out there will be a Memorial Service here in El Paso on Wednesday 12/2/09 @ 10:30 am. I will get more details to you to pass along to the other girls. My thoughts are with you, and again - our Dawn would not want people to be sad, but to celebrate her life and some of our most fond memories were in Las Vegas so I think you all should still go for her.

Paula

I'll give you more details as soon as I have them.
Thanks Cheryl.

Quote:
I'm sorry I haven't been on our new thread before this. We've been living in a mess for a few days, and still living in it, and then Dawn passed away, and I'm just....well....a mess.

I love both the button and armband idea to wear in Dawn's memory.

Beth - Pumkin pie is one of the easiest to make and a great first pie to tackle. Go for it!

Cheryl - LOVE those lyrics! They are beautiful.....but they made me weepy and tear up again.

Callie - Your grandma, mom, and family are in my prayers. Older folks can get stubborn (more stubborn and controlling than when they were younger) and messed up with their thinking, and I think it stems from being depressed. My dad is 82 years old, and he can be SO stubborn sometimes, and I know he gets depressed because he really can't do anything anymore and he requires quite a bit of care from my mom. But heck, we would never give up food.....or having a glass of wine in the evening! That's all he has to look forward to everyday - lol.

So I've had a terrible, horrible weekend, and with everything else going on here, Dawn's passing really brought me down to a point I've never felt before. Our gas water heater broke and flooded our basement Friday night and most of Saturday (it's a walk-out daylight basement where our family room is, so we spend a lot of time together there). Our carpet down there is completely ruined and needs to be replace. Our whole house smells like a really strong mixture of dirty wet dog and mildew. We haven't had any hot water for three days (and the cold water up here this time of year is COLD!). I couldn't take it anymore and had to take a bath today, so I had to heat pots of water on our stove to take a bath with. We are getting our water heater replaced tomorrow (no gas plumbers available to do it today) and that is going to cost $1600. I don't know how we're going to pay for that, let alone new carpet. Before this, I was wondering how we were going to buy our boys Christmas presents.....and now I'm just.....completely broken in so many ways. I'm just so sad and drained and emotional spent. I don't know what we're going to do.

Oh no Capri! I wish I could give you a big, warm squeeze right now.

Quote:

I just can't afford it right now, Cheryl. But as I said before, I would like to go in on a flower arrangement or something.

On a much lighter note, I saw New Moon today with my bestie, who had surgery on her foot while we were at the mini meet last month. She's still spending a lot of time in bed, so I took her out to get her some fresh air and girl time.
Well, I didn't love the movie. It was my least favorite of the books, but still....
Oh well. It was at least nice to spend time with my girl.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #116
toocherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

I just can't afford it right now, Cheryl. But as I said before, I would like to go in on a flower arrangement or something.

On a much lighter note, I saw New Moon today with my bestie, who had surgery on her foot while we were at the mini meet last month. She's still spending a lot of time in bed, so I took her out to get her some fresh air and girl time.
Well, I didn't love the movie. It was my least favorite of the books, but still....
Oh well. It was at least nice to spend time with my girl.
totally understand Tina: and new Moon was my least favorite book too so I'm not in any hurry to go see the movie.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #117
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Oh Capri, I'm sending you huge, warm, snuggly hugs!!

What's everyone doing? I'm stuffing my stocking for exchange gal.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #118
toocherie

Update on Services

Here is the update from Bob:

Good evening all,
As you all know, we lost our Dawn. She put up a valiant fight; but in the end her body just wore out. I know for a fact she is happier where she is now and probably has it all decorated and organized.
I want everyone to know who has been praying and thinking about us that you gave us great comfort. When we were in quarantine my only access to the outside world was my Blackberry. I read every, text, every email and every phone message to her. I am positive she heard everyone of them.
We have made the arrangements today, which I am happy to say match her wishes. Attached to this email is a copy of the obituary that will be posted in the El Paso Times and The Valley Morning Star. It contains the details of the arrangements. If you can attend either one of the events it will not be a funeral; but a celebration of Dawn's life and the marvelous impact she had on us all.
Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. If I may let me impose one last time for the folks that have been forwarding the email chain to do so one more time.

Thank you,

Bob

Dawn Denise Field

Dawn Denise Field of El Paso, age 45, died Sunday, November 22, 2009, after a valiant struggle with a short illness.

Dawn was a transplanted South Texan. She graduated from Harlingen High School in 1982, where she was a Lieutenant in the famed Harlingen Cardettes. Shortly after her graduation, she met the Love of her life, Robert Field. She and Bob were married 26 years ago.

She was so proud of her children, Emily Conry ( Jeffrey) and Cullen Field. Her grandchildren, in whom she took great delight, are Rosalyn, Faye and Logan.

Dawn is also survived by her mother and father, Sally and Charles Manning, her brother, Matthew Manning, and her parents-in-law, Jeanette and Dr. Robert Field, all of whom loved her greatly.

Dawn was gentle and loving, and touched lives wherever she went, whether marketing for her and Bob’s beloved Sierra Title Company, or traveling to Anaheim to participate in Dis Board, where she worked with friends from across America.

A celebration of Dawn’s life will be held on +++++++++++, at 10:30 a.m. at Martin Funeral Home 128 N Resler Dr, El Paso. Steve Carvalho will be Master of Ceremonies.

An informal memorial service and scattering of ashes will occur on South Padre Island on ++++++++.

One of Dawn’s favorite projects is Water Wells for Africa, and she was hoping to fund a village water well this year in Her and Bob’s name. Any contributions to Water Wells for Africa, P.O. Box 635, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267 (www.waterwellsforafrica.org ) in place of flowers would be appreciated.

The family wishes to express its heartfelt gratitude to the doctors and staff at Sierra Medical Center for their tireless and professional efforts on Dawn’s behalf.

__________________________________________________ ________

I edited the dates because of an abundance of caution. I've heard of people who burglarize homes while people are at funerals I of course will share with any of Dawn's friends on this board.

Now Ladies: thoughts and advice--should I wait and go to the scattering of the ashes?. I don't know what to do.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #119
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

What would be easier for you to make, Cheryl? The service or the scattering of the ashes?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #120
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Oh Tina, your boyfriends been making eyes at me again !!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: