Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #76
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I'm going to add Dawn's famous saying in my siggie too.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #77
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Callie, sending a prayer for your mom and grandmother. My grandpa is very stubborn about health issues and it worries us sometimes!

I hope everyone is doing okay today.
Crystabel - How are you doing?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #78
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Crystabel - How are you doing?
I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #79
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I feel like I never really got to know Dawn ... we had a rough start with a stupid misunderstanding and after several PMs back and forth, got everything worked out. But to know that I won't get to know her any better is heart breaking, to say the least!
. . . and I feel like that misunderstanding skewed my initial impressions of her, and perhaps her of me. I've been going over and over that in my mind. Really makes me sad.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #80
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.
You should not feel bad. Everyone has their own way in which they grieve and for some it is crying/anger/pain and for others it is kept inside but nonetheless you are feeling the loss.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #81
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
. . . and I feel like that misunderstanding skewed my initial impressions of her, and perhaps her of me. I've been going over and over that in my mind. Really makes me sad.
I am sad that you and stacielee (and others) won't get to know her better too. But, to quote another friend--"it's all good"--any misunderstanding had been cleared up. Stacielee--she really felt like that day they ran into you at the parks was a turning point. So don't fret either of you about any "misunderstanding."

and on a more pleasant note--pumpkin pie and gingersnaps with coffee are a good diet today, right?

Old 11-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #82
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I am sad that you and stacielee (and others) won't get to know her better too. But, to quote another friend--"it's all good"--any misunderstanding had been cleared up. Stacielee--she really felt like that day they ran into you at the parks was a turning point. So don't fret either of you about any "misunderstanding."

and on a more pleasant note--pumpkin pie and gingersnaps with coffee are a good diet today, right?
YUMMO!! I am jumping on a plane and coming to eat with you today!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #83
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:

On a day like today, that or some hot chocolate sounds perfect.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #84
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yes!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #85
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
YUMMO!! I am jumping on a plane and coming to eat with you today!!
you would be more than welcome.

Quote:
On a day like today, that or some hot chocolate sounds perfect.
I just finished the coffee--I bought some cappucino mix yesterday (mocha) so I think that is next. Unless I manage to get dressed and go to Starbucks.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #86
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

I'm so scared. I'm leaving work early today to go get in line to get Ayden's H1N1 shot. I have been so back and forth on doing this. It scares me....but now after all that has gone on with Dawn and my nephew having it, I feel like this is the right choice. I mean it is right?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #87
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I'm so scared. I'm leaving work early today to go get in line to get Ayden's H1N1 shot. I have been so back and forth on doing this. It scares me....but now after all that has gone on with Dawn and my nephew having it, I feel like this is the right choice. I mean it is right?

Janelle, this is a slippery slope as lots of people have strong emotions/opinions on both sides of the immunization/vaccine argument. But, imho you are absolutely making the right choice to get Ayden his shot. I got Ty both the seasonal and H1N1 shots.

My thought is that if Ayden doesn't have allergies (their is some product in the shots that affects those with egg allergies adversely) you would much rather have him endure the pain of the shot and lower his risk of getting the flu. I know that there is still a chance of Ty getting sick, but at least I want the peace of mind of knowing that I did everything in my power to prevent it.

But, whatever you do, you need to make the best decision for yourself and your family.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #88
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Same here. I didn't get to spend much time with her, and I fear some of my comments to her were taken ......... I don't know, wrong some how. I don't think she liked me much because of that, but that's of no importance now. I could always see she was a wonderful, caring person by the love she showed to her family and friends who were close to her, and even to those she'd just met, and that's all that matters. She touched so many, and because of that she will always be loved and always be with us.

Quote:
So this Thanksgiving I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie for the first time ever. I love to bake but never baked a pie before. We usually order ours. Hope I can pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post

Ugh. I am back and forth on this too!! I hate it. At first, I said no. Then after all this happened with Dawn, I told Ruben maybe we should think it over.

He went to the head of the infectious disease dept at his hospital and asked her what she personally would do. She said she was in the position of having to publicly promote it, but that she would not be getting one for herself nor for her 9 year old child.

I was like great! Now I'm more confused than ever before. I still don't know what to do.....
Old 11-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #89
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

This is what I bought for Dawn at Disneyland. I'd like to send it to Mel to be passed along to Sally. I was thinking of wrapping it in Christmas paper with a note saying to open it on Christmas. It would be kinda like she is getting a present from Dawn. Is anyone else still sending what they planned to give to Dawn? I think - hope - that it will make Christmas a little easier for Sally. So what do you guys think?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #90
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Same here. I didn't get to spend much time with her, and I fear some of my comments to her were taken ......... I don't know, wrong some how. I don't think she liked me much because of that, but that's of no importance now. I could always see she was a wonderful, caring person by the love she showed to her family and friends who were close to her, and even to those she'd just met, and that's all that matters. She touched so many, and because of that she will always be loved and always be with us.

So this Thanksgiving I'm thinking of making a pumpkin pie for the first time ever. I love to bake but never baked a pie before. We usually order ours. Hope I can pull it off.

Ugh. I am back and forth on this too!! I hate it. At first, I said no. Then after all this happened with Dawn, I told Ruben maybe we should think it over.

He went to the head of the infectious disease dept at his hospital and asked her what she personally would do. She said she was in the position of having to publicly promote it, but that she would not be getting one for herself nor for her 9 year old child.

I was like great! Now I'm more confused than ever before. I still don't know what to do.....

Beth, I think if your kids are generally healthy and can easily fight off other viruses, etc., they should be fine without the immunization. Dawn had a history of respiratory issues and pneumonia. It's people with that type of history that are in true danger of this virus. My kids were able to get through it relatively easily by me giving them Oscillo and large doses of Vit. D3. As a matter of fact, I would encourage everyone to be taking Vit. D3 since it has been proven to prevent and kill the H1N1 virus.

That's just my take on it, and I know others will disagree.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: