Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #751
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Okay, let me preface this by saying I had intended to multi quote back but since I was behind 8 pages, will have to make do with this response.

Welcome to Vanessa and Cathy, who clearly have already demonstrated that they are excellent diva candidates. Only time will tell...

Cathy, I read when you were planning on going on your trip with your Mom, and some of the special things you were planning. Did you do a bit of a trip report? I would love to read about it. What a special trip to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Can I just say I love you all in a quick drive-by hi?
Yes, and back at you. I continue to find you gals such a souce of inspiration and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Oh, and top of it the baby & I are both sick. She has a fever and congestion & I have a runny nose plus a raw, sore throat & can't talk. I drank some orange juice this morning and it burned the HECK out of my throat. No more acid based foods until I'm better .
Katie, everything is harder to take when you are sick. Hang in there and rest up.

Quote:
Ok ladies--I'm going to get a little maudlin.

As some of you may remember, my all time favorite movie is "Steel Magnolias." I just loved the interaction of the women and their friendships through good times and bad. And with the Divas I always felt like we were the women in Steel Magnolias--even if we had little spats between each other (which have been very few) we always had each other's backs. And now, unfortunately, we've experienced tragedies too--job losses, illnesses, deaths--and yes, our beloved Dawn leaving us.

When I said I loved you all this morning I meant it--even if I don't see or talk to you all often I know that if I needed something my Divas would be there for me. I've been thinking a lot about Dawn and the other challenges the Divas have had to face recently and realized that we really have emulated the movie--and that at the end of the movie--even though there was a bittersweet feeling because of loss--the women who were friends went on with their lives and welcomed new faces (i.e., the baby) into their circle.

We will all get through this challenging time--and come out stronger and wiser and closer. And I can't wait to welcome new Divas to the group too--just think--a year ago none of us had met Dawnie in person! What an impact she made in just a few short months--not only on the group but on me personally (and I know on others of you too).

So chin up Divas--2010 has got to be a better year. And together I believe we can face any challenge!
Very well said Cheryl. What are you, an attorney? (I looked at that again, and it looked strange!) What I mean, is...so expressive in your communication.

And um, that's it for now. But Ihave to say, I am so darn excited to be coming to the slumber party meet and greet. I have not heard from Amy yet, but regardless, I think I will just get the rental car for the entire trip because I have been wanting to toodle around and go see Hoover Dam and maybe the Grand Canyon too. So, that's settled then. I still need a roomy, or a bathtub or someplace to crash, just for Thursday night, if anyone can squeeze me in. Just PM me.

TTFN

PS I am MAKING my Xmas card for the exchange and I am really excited at how it is turning out. I will post a picture of it after everyone gets theres.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #752
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Hey Amy I tell you what if YOU can tell me how to multi quote I will walk you through posting pics! Deal? I still can't figure that out for nuttin! Maybe I have a multi quote deficient brain and you have a picture posting deficient brain. Man that was hard to type. Or maybe we are just getting old and old timers is setting in. I don't know it's one of those! If you see me walking down main street with my pj bottoms on would you help me out and tell me? THANKS!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #753
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
If you see me walking down main street with my pj bottoms on would you help me out and tell me? THANKS!
I would just assume you were on the way to our slumber party!!!

I got my cards sent out today... well, all except the 3 international cards, they got left on the kitchen counter!! Tomorrow, I promise!!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #754
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
http://www.kcra.com/news/21799191/detail.html

So my entire office is on lockdown. ( Link above )My company takes up an entire block and we're unable to leave the building. Helicopters are circling telling people to remain indoors and lock their doors and windows. I live less than a minute from work. Chris is going to leave to get Ayden from school soon and go hang out at my moms for awhile until this area is clear. I hope it's over by the time I get off work. I have Ayden's conference today.

Yikes I hope this is over quick!!!
Pretty freaky. When I was in college about a hundred years ago I lived in a rather, er, low rent district (2 doors down from a crack house), and would regularly have the huge searchlights from the helicoptors lighting up my back yard. Oh,those were the days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Things to look forward to in 2010 (can everyone think of one?):
Sarah
There are lots of things. I look forward to my surgicated knee finally being 100% (getting there), I look forward to my 49th birthday (but you guys ALL know that one....it is 339 days away if you want to mark your calendars).I look forward to continued kinship/friendship/ and love with all of you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
I have that SAME DNA!
Fantastic, I always wanted a sister!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Ok, watch your mailbox sometime between now and Christmas... and remember, it's NOT a bribe!!
I am only a little shamefaced that I hinted a wee bit to get this treat!! Thank you in advance. I know I will be overjoyed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
To the early AP shoppers, I now won't be able to make it Saturday. But being a Vinylmation collector nut, it's killing me that I'll miss the Vinylmation gift given to the first 1000 people. If this is something special, and if anyone isn't a Vinylmation collector, or is bringing family so will get more than one, I would love to trade something for it. You can PM me or email or respond here. A big thank you!
Hey---I may be going if I can get my butt and the kid's butt out of bed at o'dark o'clock. So, if we get there early enough....we'll talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

Justin says to me, "Hey, I noticed you've had a downer attitude lately. What you need is a manitude adjustment, baby." That was supposed to turn me on and get me in the mood.
HOw you didn't just castrate him then and there with a blunt instrument...say the table lamp, I don't know!!!

But that is likely just the grumpy veterinarian in me speaking.

Hey everyone.

Had a migraine complete with the vomits all day that is suddenly much better, hurrah!!
Amy
Old 12-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #755
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

Hello and thank you all for welcoming me I wish I could figure out some of this stuff here but im kinda computer-impaired, lol I have no idea how to post pictures so they arent HUGE or else I would love to do a trip report...
Again, thank you all for making me feel speee-shill (in church ladys voice lol)

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 12-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #756
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh NOT good Amy. Speaking as someone who takes daily meds for migraines! ((hugs)) glad you are feeling better. I HATE those days!

And hey I STILL leave in one of those neighborhoods with the helicopters. When we moved here 40 years ago it was a nice little farming community but unfortunately over the years, as does happen, the little two lane road on the other side of my house has turned into practically a freeway and the little row of 1950's starter homes have turned into druggie houses. In fact the one RIGHT next to ours (the ONLY thing between us and that now HIGHWAY) is a halfway house! Then we have the neighbors on the other side that stay up till 2 a.m. EVERY night drinking and being LOUD and on the OTHER side we have the howling houd dog that sounds like a beached whale! Gotta love it in river city! Now I know why my parents don't want us to move out. They will NEVER sell this joint LOL.

We get the copters and the search lights about every few weeks and the louds speakers saying "stay in your house" Gotta love it! Any of you gals in the northwest want neighbors? Callie?

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 12-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #757
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post

Pretty freaky. When I was in college about a hundred years ago I lived in a rather, er, low rent district (2 doors down from a crack house), and would regularly have the huge searchlights from the helicoptors lighting up my back yard. Oh,those were the days!!

There are lots of things. I look forward to my surgicated knee finally being 100% (getting there), I look forward to my 49th birthday (but you guys ALL know that one....it is 339 days away if you want to mark your calendars).I look forward to continued kinship/friendship/ and love with all of you here.

Fantastic, I always wanted a sister!!

I am only a little shamefaced that I hinted a wee bit to get this treat!! Thank you in advance. I know I will be overjoyed!!!!

Hey---I may be going if I can get my butt and the kid's butt out of bed at o'dark o'clock. So, if we get there early enough....we'll talk.

HOw you didn't just castrate him then and there with a blunt instrument...say the table lamp, I don't know!!!

But that is likely just the grumpy veterinarian in me speaking.

Hey everyone.

Had a migraine complete with the vomits all day that is suddenly much better, hurrah!!
Amy
I dont know how to pull out just one quote so I did the whole thing....

BUT....
I worked for a multi-doctor hospital for years...with the stuff you awesome doctors do and deal with on an everyday basis...YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE GRUMPY!!! You guys definately arent appreciated like you should be!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #758
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
I dont know how to pull out just one quote so I did the whole thing....

BUT....
I worked for a multi-doctor hospital for years...with the stuff you awesome doctors do and deal with on an everyday basis...YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE GRUMPY!!! You guys definately arent appreciated like you should be!
Cathy, sadly the only way to pull out a bit, is to delete the rest. Or...at least...that is how I do it, but you have seen my posts about my DNA problem, haven't you?

Oh, and thank you for your kind words about my profession. I am always a bit amused when people are impressed with what I do. Sure, I went to school for a long time, but really, I am just doing hopefully what I am good at, and certainly what I enjoy.

Oh, and being called DOCTOR ain't bad either!! No, seriously, I only use that when I think I am about to do battle with redtape. Then I am all doctor, no Amy!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #759
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Oh, and Kelly...I keep failing to respond to your posts....love the sound of you neighborhood. I hope no one is on another board somewhere talking about their neighbors who have done nothing with the front yard, and have this giant dog who is luckily inside when he starts howling REALLY loud in the middle of the night sometimes.

'cause, that would be my house!!!

Teehee,

Amy
Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #760
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I'm up next for an intro,
I'm Cristabel; 21, full-time student at Cal State Fullerton, no kids (NO WAY JOSE!). I don't have a bf either but that's okay because I have a dog I'm currently living at the dorms on campus which is 10 - 15 minutes away from Disneyland .

Amy, good to see you on the thread and I'm glad the migraine is gone. I've only had one serious migraine and I couldn't even move because then everything would start spinning. Nothing cures ya like a good puke

Have wonderful afternoon, I'm off to Disneyland because I'm feeling a bit down about missing my family. I spent a whole week at home for Thanksgiving and now I miss everyone. I can't wait for winter break!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #761
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
Hello and thank you all for welcoming me I wish I could figure out some of this stuff here but im kinda computer-impaired, lol I have no idea how to post pictures so they arent HUGE or else I would love to do a trip report...
Again, thank you all for making me feel speee-shill (in church ladys voice lol)
Okay, did anyone else think this was WAY funny??!! Cathy, we'll have to tell you about it sometime...
Old 12-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #762
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Stacie...you devil. I must have been skimming....totally missed that.

AmySue
Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #763
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Stacie...you devil. I must have been skimming....totally missed that.

AmySue
I missed that one too!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #764
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Okay, did anyone else think this was WAY funny??!! Cathy, we'll have to tell you about it sometime...
LOL...I caught it and laughed! Was going to let it go....but glad you didn't
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
Old 12-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #765
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
So so so I've been looking at flight times, dates etc etc. I reallly need this trip. I'll have my taxes done by then so really what's wrong with a little reward for myself?

Have a great day everyone!
Youtotally deserve it!

Quote:
Can I just say I love you all in a quick drive-by hi?
Yes you may, and the feeling is mutual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
I never watched Seinfeld either so I have no idea what those sayings are all about either !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
:

Isn't flexeril the best
Yep!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: