Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #61
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?
Callie--that is not being selfish. Dawn would not want us to put our lives on hold.

Of course prayers are going out for your Mom and Grandma--your Grandma sounds like quite a hoot! How old is she?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #62
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.
I think that would be a very special gift for Miss Sally and I know she would love it and appreciate it.

Quote:
I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois
Definitely, Callie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Would you believe that I have tickets to see Wicked next week in San Fran? I'm going on my annual Christmas shopping trip with my friends, and we saw it was playing there and bought tickets.

Now that song is going to mean something very special when I hear it sung.
That's great that it will have special meaning now. Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn and a big hug for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited.
Have a great time! I have always wanted to go to DL at Christmas........ maybe next year??
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #63
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Cheryl I had said this on the old post but that is a beautiful song and I agree I think it sums up your relationship with Dawn VERY well!

Mel enjoy your trip to SF and seeing Wicked! Mom and I used to go to SF every year on the first Thurs of Dec with one of the title companys. It was a little perk they did for the real estate companys in town but they had to stop doing it because of a new stupid law so they stopped it last year. Mom and I had gone EVERY year since 2001! I REALLY miss it. In fact we were going to go down and spend the night and ride the train back. I know you will have a great time and enjoy every minute!

Vicki and Courtney I hope you have a great time at DL as well!

Linda I agree with the others. I think Miss Sally would LOVE the blanket as a remembrance of Dawn! And ((hugs)) to you!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #64
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh and sorry Callie I meant to add that I have added your mom and grandma to my prayer list! May God see fit to do what is best and bring peace to all involved!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #65
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Callie--that is not being selfish. Dawn would not want us to put our lives on hold.

Of course prayers are going out for your Mom and Grandma--your Grandma sounds like quite a hoot! How old is she?
This grandma is 88. She is extremely stubborn and controlling, but thinks she's doing the right thing by not burdening anyone. She has a very strong faith and just keeps telling (telling, not asking, cuz she's like that) Jesus to take her home. She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #66
toocherie

Quote:
She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic.
I'm sorry--I had to smile when I read that.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #67
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
This grandma is 88. She is extremely stubborn and controlling, but thinks she's doing the right thing by not burdening anyone. She has a very strong faith and just keeps telling (telling, not asking, cuz she's like that) Jesus to take her home. She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic.
Good thoughts coming your way and for your mom. Even though this is a difficult time for you and your mom, I had to smile just a little when I read the Catholic priest comment.

I know I'll be cranky when I am 88 - my poor daughter!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #68
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
That is funny. I'm sending good thoughts your way, Callie. My grandpa had a stroke when I was 19, and my mom forced him to eat by saying "Don't you want to dance at Tina's wedding?" They just get sillier as they age. But I think your mom should go out for a visit. I think she'd regret it if she didn't.

Cheryl, those lyrics are a wonderful expression of your friendship. I know Dawn had the same feelings about you.

Is there any work on services? I'm asuming we're sending a flower arrangement of something, yes? I definitely wnat to chip in on that, so please keep me posted.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #69
toocherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Is there any work on services? I'm asuming we're sending a flower arrangement of something, yes? I definitely wnat to chip in on that, so please keep me posted.
No word yet on services. I will be sure to post as soon as I know anything.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #70
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Cheryl, I just love what you put in your siggie.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #71
toocherie

Quote:
Yep--I decided last week that this saying was going to be my new life philosophy. No more time wasted on worrying and fretting over minor things. It's not worth the energy. Even more important now.

So Deb, to answer your message about favorite memories--I'm sure there will be others, but this morning I'm thinking of Dawn and our experience at the concierge lounge--and how Dawn and I "tag-teamed" them that weekend--and even though the concierge people did not provide a "magical" experience we made it magical even so. And we laughed--boy--did we laugh--sometimes in disbelief but we laughed. And Linda and Bree joining us for late-night drinkies of amaretto and grand marnier. and dessert. It was nirvana.

and just a month ago today--Ms. Sally's birthday party and the Trick or Treat Party. Dawn in her White Rabbit outfit--that she'd hot-glued all by herself (we were afraid she would fall apart). Everyone in the parks commented on her costume--everyone loved it. I think they could see the goodness in her. Again, all of us in the concierge lounge enjoying each other's company--we even left the party early.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #72
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:

Quote:
So did I.

I work in a nursing home now, and older people just amaze me at how strong willed and funny they can be.

Quote:
Ditto!! I love it!!

It was my FB status the other day!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #73
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Just last month at WCT, Dawn shared her glass of Magicale with me. I will forever think of her whenever I drink it.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #74
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women. !
I know I completely agree with that! Everyday I think about when will be the next time I get to see some of our ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I had an idea for the arm bands. How about if we get a ribbon printed with one of Dawn's sayings for it?

I like many others loved her "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

I think it would make a great memory for us all. I do still like my idea about the photo buttons also though.
I like the button and the ribbon idea, we could do both...

Quote:
Cheryl, I love that song, and it seems to fit perfectly for your friendship with Dawn. I think she would say the same about you.

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving week and hold your families close and show love & light to all those around you.

Thanks ladies!
When I read Cheryl's post with that song, I cried!! It really is the best way to describe your and Dawn's friendship!

Definitely praying for your mom and grandma. My dad is the same way; whenever I get an email or phone call from my brother, I'm scared that he's going to tell me something like that.

As someone who lost my mom almost 20 years ago, one of the saddest thoughts was that my kids (at that time, we only had Christine, who was 8 months old when she died) would never have a grandma. I had a pretty close relationship with both of my grandmas and to imagine that my kids wouldn't have that was so sad!!

I feel like I never really got to know Dawn ... we had a rough start with a stupid misunderstanding and after several PMs back and forth, got everything worked out. But to know that I won't get to know her any better is heart breaking, to say the least!
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #75
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Callie, sending a prayer for your mom and grandmother. My grandpa is very stubborn about health issues and it worries us sometimes!

I hope everyone is doing okay today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: