Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #46
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,451

I think everything sounds great and I am in on whatever we decide to do.

Mel I know how much Dawn meant to you and ((hugs)) and prayers to you for losing such a dear friend. I know we all will miss her but to you and Cheryl and Wendy who were so close to her I know this will be even harder!

Mel I had posted this on the other thread but I don't know if you saw it but if you get the gift I sent for Dawn I would love for it to still get some use and I would love it if you could send it to Sally instead. You can just toss the card. But it was a mug and plaque with the footprints poem and I think she might like that and I would like her to have that with my condolences. If you can do that otherwise you can send it back to me and I will send it to her. Thanks.

And Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn. I hope she has a GREAT one and I know with you throwing the party she will! And try to have a great thanksgiving. I know it will be hard.
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #47
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy
 
MamaKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,183

Good morning everyone.

Mel- Tell Kaitlyn Happy Sweet 16 for me . She's a great girl! And hugs to you .

I think the buttons and/or armbands are great idea to honor her memory!! I'm on board for either or both.

Every time I walk past my frig & see the angel friendship magnetic Dawn sent, I smile a little & remember just what a wonderful person she was .

Hope everyone has a good day. Deb & Courtney, enjoy your bacon pops .
__________________
MamaKate is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #48
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!
 
MommyWithDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, Sunny California
Posts: 2,194

Good morning ladies.

Thinking of you all today and sending strength. I am loving all the wonderful memories of Dawn.

Today I'm hoping to get Ayden's H1N1 shot. Fingers crossed we make it.
__________________
MommyWithDreams is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #49
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Melody - Happy birthday to Kaitlyn! Happy sweet 16! Wow, that feels so long ago for me. Whew.

Katie - Thanks! If they are deeeliiicious, I'm going to try to find them online and share with everyone. We can all eat them and think of Miss Dawn.

Janelle- Good look on getting the H1N1 vaccine for Ayden today. They were giving it away free over here not that long ago and the line was crazy long. People were coming from different counties.

Hi Beth, Heather and Kelly!

On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited.
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #50
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!
 
MommyWithDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, Sunny California
Posts: 2,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Melody - Happy birthday to Kaitlyn! Happy sweet 16! Wow, that feels so long ago for me. Whew.

Katie - Thanks! If they are deeeliiicious, I'm going to try to find them online and share with everyone. We can all eat them and think of Miss Dawn.

Janelle- Good look on getting the H1N1 vaccine for Ayden today. They were giving it away free over here not that long ago and the line was crazy long. People were coming from different counties.

Hi Beth, Heather and Kelly!

On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited.
The lines have been crazy long around here as well. The clinic today is right by my work so hopefully we'll get lucky. He's with his dad today and I'm trying to get him to go get in line early with Ayden but ....yea that won't go over too well I know it.
__________________
MommyWithDreams is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #51
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad
 
jordansmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Desert Oasis, Washington
Posts: 4,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women.

I hope everyone has a great day.



Don't be skeered!!!
Ok so my taste buds are skeered...


Mel~
Have fun with all the party plans.
jordansmomma is online now  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #52
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,451

Hi Courtney! I am glad you are getting to go to DL over the holidays. That is my fav time to go! You will have a blast!! Yeah if you get one of those suckers you will have to bring them in Feb cuz know I have to try one just to do it LOL. Sounds weird but maybe good.

Good luck Janelle with the shot. I am thinking you may need a second dose as well since that is what they told us. They said everyone under 9 needs to doses. I hope you get lucky!!
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #53
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,451

Well deb you could always just take one small lick and if it is nasty you can just toss it or better yet give it to one of the boys. Like you said they are boys. They will prob eat anything right!
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #54
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls
 
toocherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,323

Ok ladies, since I think some of you may have missed this on the old thread I am going to "re-indulge" and repost it here.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":


Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda):
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba):
Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda):
And because I knew you...

(Elphaba):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...
__________________

toocherie is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #55
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Ok ladies, since I think some of you may have missed this on the old thread I am going to "re-indulge" and repost it here.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":


Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda):
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba):
Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda):
And because I knew you...

(Elphaba):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...
Cheryl, this is beautiful.

Would you believe that I have tickets to see Wicked next week in San Fran? I'm going on my annual Christmas shopping trip with my friends, and we saw it was playing there and bought tickets.

Now that song is going to mean something very special when I hear it sung.
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #56
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them
 
lulubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Rancho Belago, CA
Posts: 5,171

Very special, Cheryl. Very nice. I like it.

I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.

I like the armband and button ideas, too.

I have some happy Dawn moments I will share, but not today. The pain is still too much for me. But I will say this...seeing the purple ant head sticking out of my party bag from Sally's party last month made me smile yesterday when I was doing laundry.

Thank goodness we have a short week at work. I am ready for a L-O-N-G weekend!
__________________

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #57
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?
 
CoMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California NOW!
Posts: 1,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Dearest ladies,

I don't even know where to begin. ( Cheryl kept me informed, throughout the whole weekend. Thanks Cheryl)

As I'm writing, the tears are falling and I can not stop them.

I know some of you know this, but Dawn has been my kindred spirit.

We had so many things in common, children and grandchildren, faith, and even had the same political views.

She was my "Good Morning" person everyday, and what did our day have in store for us kind of conversation.

I am going to miss her terribly.

Hugs and prayers to everyone who are hurting too.

Mel
Mel - I am so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. I only knew her for a short while and during that time she touched my life and made my days brighter. I could tell the first time I met Dawn and you had surprised her with making the trip to DL for her birthday, you had a special connection. She was a special person. She had this amazing ability to know just when you needed one of her sneak attack hugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post



I was overwhelmed when she gifted me with it, and to this day I treasure it. It now is my Dawn box, and holds a special place in my home and in my heart.

This is just a small part of what made up Miss Dawn, and how she spent her energy and love thinking of others.

She really is special, and I wish I could have spent more time and really got to know her better. Some of you are really really lucky to have been part of her inner circle of friends. [/color]
What a truly sweet thing she did for you. She was the most selfless person I have ever known. I was lucky to be able to attend her birthday dinner and celebrate with her and other wonderful Divas and beside us bringing her gifts she gave use gifts. She was the most unselfish 'smurf'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women.

I hope everyone has a great day.



Don't be skeered!!!
I totally agree...you all have no idea how privilaged, proud and thankful I am to have been so warmly welcomed into this group and I am so happy to be able to say you are all my friends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Katie - Thanks! If they are deeeliiicious, I'm going to try to find them online and share with everyone. We can all eat them and think of Miss Dawn.

On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited.
So when are you going to take the plunge and take your first lick?? Maybe we should do it at exactly the same time!

When will you be at DLR? Mr. CA and I are going to be there this Sat. thru Monday for my birthday and then I'll be there again on Sun. Dec. 5. I would love so much if our visits overlapped and I'd get a chance to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Ok ladies, since I think some of you may have missed this on the old thread I am going to "re-indulge" and repost it here.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":

There could not be better lyrics - thanks for sharing. I know that Dawn meant so much to you and that you had such great times together and I want nothing more than to give you a big hug to let you know I am so very sorry. I lost a dear friend seveal years ago and I understand if only a little of what you are feeling. I found the hardest part was thinking of something you want to tell her and you reach for your phone but realize that she is not on the other end. I talked to the sky a lot that first year.
__________________
Vicki






CoMickey is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #58
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 7,584

Cheryl, I love that song, and it seems to fit perfectly for your friendship with Dawn. I think she would say the same about you.

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving week and hold your families close and show love & light to all those around you.

Thanks ladies!
__________________

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #59
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Cheryl - Those song lyrics are perfect and I agree with Callie, I'm sure she would say the same about you.

Vicki - We're going to be there Wednesday the 2nd and coming home Saturday the 5th. Jesus' birthday is that Saturday. I would love to meet you too! I have the lollipop at home, I think I will taste it tonight! Let's do it together!

Callie - I just said a prayer for your mom and your grandma. I hope your mom finds the strength to do what she feels right. And I hope your grandma finds it in her to let people help her so she can continue on with her life.

Linda - I just wanted to send you and Bree a huge .
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline  
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #60
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited.
Lucky duck!! I love it there at the holidays. Are you gonna sit on Santa's lap?




Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...





Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.
I personally think that would make a special and touching gift for Miss Sally, but of course it's up to you. It was such a thoughtful thing to do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.
Oh no Callie, I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be so hard on your mom, and hard on you to see your mom so upset. I pray that your Grandmother will realize that life is precious, and should be treasured while we have it. And that she will realize those we love could never be a real burden on us.
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The What's For Dinner Thread - November '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3286 03-07-2010 09:02 AM
A Veteran Shows a Novice the Disney Ropes: Abby and Mark's December Disney Trip cbg1027 Completed Trip Reports 27 12-19-2009 11:39 PM
Anniversary trip, no kids.....where to stay??? amccu18007 Disney Resorts 27 11-24-2009 04:21 PM
Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link mommaU4 Disneyland (California) 3823 11-22-2009 11:40 PM
Quick (sort of) Reviews from Free Dining trip 3darlings Disney Dining Reviews 5 11-22-2009 11:15 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: