Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #31
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Okay! I think Deb should share one with her boys tomorrow too. We can all have ours tomorrow!

I can't until at least Wednesday.
I work before they get home from school.
But I will on Wednesday when they get out of school early.

But you guys will need to let me know what to expect!!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I think a pic of her with her trademark mickey ears and then a little saying underneath of hers maybe and then RIP Dawn or some such thing.
I like the pic of her in her Minnie ears too. And maybe something simple, like Love and Light.

Also for sure when we do the group photo, we need to make sure to have a large photo of her to hold up so she is still part of our group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too!
I have to admit, I'd still be afraid to try them!!! Enjoy and make sure to post how they were.

What a day. I need some rest. I think we all do. Take care ladies. Try to get some sleep. Night!
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #33
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

This post is more about how special Dawn is. She, Sally, Kelly (my daughter), and I had gone to Storyteller's Cafe for lunch at the end of our Diva meet in March of this year, and in our conversation I mentioned how both my parents are gone.

Well, from that time until the MouseAdventure in April, she put together a special box for me. She put a LOT of work in decorating it, and put charms, mementos, words like "Faith" "Trust" "Hope" and other special things. Then she filled this box with lots of little trinkets that she spent time gathering - a feather, a heart (hand-made with more trinkets glued to it), a cross, and other things that I could take out and look at when thinking about my parents. Each item was individually wrapped in beautiful paper that she made herself.

I was overwhelmed when she gifted me with it, and to this day I treasure it. It now is my Dawn box, and holds a special place in my home and in my heart.

This is just a small part of what made up Miss Dawn, and how she spent her energy and love thinking of others.

She really is special, and I wish I could have spent more time and really got to know her better. Some of you are really really lucky to have been part of her inner circle of friends.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:13 AM   #34
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Mary Jo that is so special. I agree that those who were closest to her were VERY lucky. I didn't get to see her very much at all at the first meet and then not much in Oct either but we had a nice chat at Tratoria and I am SO thankful for that! I only wish I had been able to go to miss sally's party!

She just made everything SO special!

To me what I will always remember is her wonderful laughter, her cute Texas accent and how she made everything so fun. Like the candy buffet with all the amazing decorations she did and the scavenger hunt decorations and gifts. She just LOVED making everything so special and that is what made her so special. Those that were so lucky as to get her as an exchange buddy were so lucky because I know how special she did EVERYTHING! She just made everything special and magical!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #35
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

I love the idea of the photo button and my thought would be to have it say something like "Eternal Diva".

To me Dawn was a ball of pure energy and a woman who knew exactly what she wanted to get out of life and how to make the most of every experience. She was also the type of person to always go the extra mile to make everyone around her happy and to make everything a memory.

I'll never forget watching her at the end of our ill fated VIP tour last year, and the joy she took in watching Miss Sally while we rode the Lily Belle. It was one of the moments that connected the generations. For some reason I could just picture her taking the twinikins for a ride on the Lily Belle at some point in the future and listening to her tell them the story of how their great great grandfather worked on the railroad and how much their great grandma had enjoyed it when she got to ride on the DL train for the first time.

Dawn's presence was just so much larger than life that it really seems impossible that she won't physically be with us on any of the future Diva trips.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #36
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Deb, I'll eat mine tomorrow night and let you know how it is. So you're prepared Wednesday!

Beth, that's such a cute picture. Good night! Sleep well.

Mary Jo, what a special special thing she did for you. So thoughtful. What a wonderful memory to have of her too. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #37
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I like the pic of her in her Minnie ears too. And maybe something simple, like Love and Light.

Also for sure when we do the group photo, we need to make sure to have a large photo of her to hold up so she is still part of our group.

What a day. I need some rest. I think we all do. Take care ladies. Try to get some sleep. Night!
I love this Beth...whenever I think of her I ALWAYS think of the phrase Love and Light. I think it speaks exactly of who she was. I am totally up for the button!

Sarah

Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #38
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

This all just feels so surreal.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:04 AM   #39
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Big hugs to everyone. I'm feeling so sad and confused now. Dawn was such a thoughtful and insightful and loving person and may we carry on her wisdom and light and love with us.

Love and pixie dust to you Dawn. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Me DH DS (9) DS (7)
Old 11-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #40
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Last year I lost a dear friend of mine that I had only known online for the last 4 years on a yahoo support group for families with kids that are deaf or hard of hearing. But, she has touched so many of our lives and we all wanted to share with her family, how much she had meant to us and how she had impacted our lives and our childrens lives, etc.

Someone came up with the idea to create a group photo book. So an account was created on shutterfly and someone started the book. Then everyone logged on as they had time and created their own page and text. There was a deadline, someone edited everything and then ordered the books. We ordered two of them, because there were two kids and we thought they would each like to have one.

One of the cool things about it was that you could read everyone's entry and so it was sort of healing to "experience it" together with other grieving friends.

They did not get them until a month or so after she had gone, but the family wrote a note to all our collective group and it seemed to mean a lot to them.

I really could not be in charge of the project, but I would be willing to pay for it upfront and order it, if someone else could be in charge of the editing. After it was finished, I could post the final amount and anyone that wanted to contribute could. When we did the other books it came to about $8.00 per person for two books.

Just throwing it out there.

Like Jane and Deb, I was thinking about some of the funny conversations I had with Dawn and I think it would be great to share those with each other as well as the family.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #41
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Deb, I'll eat mine tomorrow night and let you know how it is. So you're prepared Wednesday!

Beth, that's such a cute picture. Good night! Sleep well.

Mary Jo, what a special special thing she did for you. So thoughtful. What a wonderful memory to have of her too. Thank you for sharing that with us.
I can't wait to hear what they taste like. I am skeered to try it!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #42
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Dearest ladies,

I don't even know where to begin. ( Cheryl kept me informed, throughout the whole weekend. Thanks Cheryl)

As I'm writing, the tears are falling and I can not stop them.

I know some of you know this, but Dawn has been my kindred spirit.

We had so many things in common, children and grandchildren, faith, and even had the same political views.

She was my "Good Morning" person everyday, and what did our day have in store for us kind of conversation.

I am going to miss her terribly.

Hugs and prayers to everyone who are hurting too.

Mel

PS- It's Kaitlyn's 16th birthday on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow night we are having a big bash for her at the bowling alley with about 50 kids. I will be quite busy with that and preparing for Thanksgiving day also.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #43
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Good Morning all.

I dreamed about Dawn. I can't really remember much about it, but we were all bowling and laughing alot. I don't even know if she liked to bowl, and I haven't been for years, but heck we were having a blast last night!

Tracey, I like the photobook idea. I was going to suggest the brick at Disneyland also and giving the family the replica brick. She already has a brick though, and I think the photobook is an even better idea anyway! It could really share with them how special we all knew she was.

The boys and I are still coughing and hacking with a slight runny nose. They've had it for 2 weeks now, and I've had it for a month. No school today. Nathan has a speech eval for the public schools at 12:30 and I hope he's well enough for it.

Also, don't forget to send me any good pictures of Dawn that you have. I'd really like to have some good shots of her from the October trip. My email is Heatherc130@gmail.com I received a few nice ones, but need more.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS6-Nathan , DS5-Nolan , DD2-Natalie
Old 11-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #44
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I can't wait to hear what they taste like. I am skeered to try it!!
Don't be skeered!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #45
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
This all just feels so surreal.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Someone came up with the idea to create a group photo book. So an account was created on shutterfly and someone started the book. Then everyone logged on as they had time and created their own page and text. There was a deadline, someone edited everything and then ordered the books. We ordered two of them, because there were two kids and we thought they would each like to have one.
That's a nice idea, Tracey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
As I'm writing, the tears are falling and I can not stop them.

I'm rather glad you have something to keep you busy right now. I hope Kaitlyn has a wonderful birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

I dreamed about Dawn. I can't really remember much about it, but we were all bowling and laughing alot. I don't even know if she liked to bowl, and I haven't been for years, but heck we were having a blast last night!

Quote:
Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women.
Me too, without a doubt.

Good morning ladies.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: