Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #16
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Heather, indeed you are!!

As you can see, I left a space open and I wanted to put something special in there for Dawn. Something that would be always here on the front page, where she belongs.
Do you think you could do something special and pretty like in your sig for me to post there? I could try and do something, but I can't make it all pretty like you can, all I can do is what photobucket allows, which just doesn't seem special enough.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #17
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Reposting.......

I know we are all sad and grieving but maybe it might help to post something happy or funny about Dawn?

I know that in the last year that I have known Dawn we have shared many texts and some rather funny late night calls.

(I am going to try to post this without getting in trouble from the mods, and if I do thats ok. It will be worth it. I changed names and left out info to protect the innocent.....)

As I am sitting here trying to finish my last assignment of the week, I keep thinking of Dawn. Then I just started laughing, I could hear her voice from a conversation we had a months ago, before we became the founding members of the Bad Girls Club!! One night after Dawn had seen a post on the Divas board she responded to the lunch lady and before she had posted it she called me and we laughed and laughed. I can still hear her voice as she was like everyone has problems, no ones is worse than anyone elses.
I remember at one point I was laughing so hard I woke Jordan up.

Then when I had knee surgery in June, she sent me the nicest care package. Along with some very interesting maple bacon suckers. I thought she was crazy or had lacked taste buds.

Her potato money winnings in Vegas. That was such a great time getting to visit with her again!

In July when I had a miscarriage, she just knew the right words to say to comfort you.

Last month at Sallys birthday party. Talking with her and seeing how much her loved ones meant to her.
She is one of a kind.

Now while we both found out we had the flu and I confided in her some other news. She was excited and very understanding how secrets need to be kept until the time is right. She was very caring and understanding.

We both sent each other texts to get well soon and how are feelin. Are you coughing up this color of stuff (TMI in know), what can you eat. Dawn was truely a great friend, an amazing woman, and I will forever miss her.

So what is your happy memory of Dawn???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #18
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Heather, indeed you are!!

As you can see, I left a space open and I wanted to put something special in there for Dawn. Something that would be always here on the front page, where she belongs.
Do you think you could do something special and pretty like in your sig for me to post there? I could try and do something, but I can't make it all pretty like you can, all I can do is what photobucket allows, which just doesn't seem special enough.
I would love to! I'll work on it tomorrow. If anyone has a great picture of Dawn, please send it to me at Heatherc130@gmail.com.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Am I finally the first!?!

Yay! It's the little things that tickle me. I love the new thread smell.

I had an idea for the arm bands. How about if we get a ribbon printed with one of Dawn's sayings for it?

I like many others loved her "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

I think it would make a great memory for us all. I do still like my idea about the photo buttons also though.
I actually like the photo buttons even better than the arm band idea! You can buy those photo buttons at Michaels for a small dollar amount, and if someone could just print up a picture for us to put in there, that would be great. I just wanted something that could be worn each and every day. And the arm band sprung to mind, but the photo would be sweet too.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hey new thread!!

I like the button idea too. Kind of like the little button Mary Jo made the other day. She posted it on the old thread.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I know we are all sad and grieving but maybe it might help to post something happy or funny about Dawn?

I know that in the last year that I have known Dawn we have shared many texts and some rather funny late night calls.

(I am going to try to post this without getting in trouble from the mods, and if I do thats ok. It will be worth it. I changed names and left out info to protect the innocent.....)

As I am sitting here trying to finish my last assignment of the week, I keep thinking of Dawn. Then I just started laughing, I could hear her voice from a conversation we had a months ago, before we became the founding members of the Bad Girls Club!! One night after Dawn had seen a post on the Divas board she responded to the lunch lady and before she had posted it she called me and we laughed and laughed. I can still hear her voice as she was like everyone has problems, no ones is worse than anyone elses.
I remember at one point I was laughing so hard I woke Jordan up.

Then when I had knee surgery in June, she sent me the nicest care package. Along with some very interesting maple bacon suckers. I thought she was crazy or had lacked taste buds.

Her potato money winnings in Vegas. That was such a great time getting to visit with her again!

In July when I had a miscarriage, she just knew the right words to say to comfort you.

Last month at Sallys birthday party. Talking with her and seeing how much her loved ones meant to her.
She is one of a kind.

Now while we both found out we had the flu and I confided in her some other news. She was excited and very understanding how secrets need to be kept until the time is right. She was very caring and understanding.

We both sent each other texts to get well soon and how are feelin. Are you coughing up this color of stuff (TMI in know), what can you eat. Dawn was truely a great friend, an amazing woman, and I will forever miss her.

So what is your happy memory of Dawn???
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
With the Halloween exchange Dawn sent me those maple bacon suckers too!!! I was going to ask her what they tasted like, but I never did. I still have it, I'll eat it tomorrow!!

She was so sweet with that exchange. She sent me a PM about a week before I got my package and said "Well I know someone specially requested you!!" And it was her. She packed that HUGE box to the brim. I couldn't believe how above and beyond she went with that exchange. I'm wearing the socks she got me right now.
Just wanted to bring Deb and Courtney's posts over here to share.

Edited to add: lol, Deb beat me to it. Thanks Deb!!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #22
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I would love to! I'll work on it tomorrow. If anyone has a great picture of Dawn, please send it to me at Heatherc130@gmail.com.
Thank you Heather. I appreciate it.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #23
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I like the photo button idea as well! I think a pic of her with her trademark mickey ears and then a little saying underneath of hers maybe and then RIP Dawn or some such thing.

You guys are all so creative I know you will come up with something awesome!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #24
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Just wanted to bring Deb and Courtney's posts over here to share.

Edited to add: lol, Deb beat me to it. Thanks Deb!!
Thanks Beth & no problem!

Oh Courtney, When I got them. I called and asked her if they were for real people or furry people? I was so confused! She laughed and said baby girl they are for your boys. I laughed and said you do remember little boys will eat anything.

They still haven't eaten them yet.

So have you tried them yet??
Old 11-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:

Oh Courtney, When I got them. I called and asked her if they were for real people or furry people? I was so confused! She laughed and said baby girl they are for your boys. I laughed and said you do remember little boys will eat anything.

No! I will try it tomorrow. How funny! I bet you they're really good too.

In the exchange box she gave me some rubber bracelets that say "party girl" on them. I'm going to wear one tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #26
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:

She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too! Courtney I'll be thinking of you and Dawn tomorrow when I try my sucker.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #27
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Unhappy

I just got home from Disneyland and something told me to check in here. Just a weird funny feeling............................
I don't even think I actually talked to Dawn at the last Diva trip. But I wish I would have. Just reading what everyone has said about her makes me know how special she was.
I love the idea of the brick.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I really like the photo button idea!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #29
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too! Courtney I'll be thinking of you and Dawn tomorrow when I try my sucker.
Okay! I think Deb should share one with her boys tomorrow too. We can all have ours tomorrow!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #30
mommaU4

Quote:
Well, I had posted this earlier on the other thread, then when the news about Dawn came through, I took it down.

But since you asked, I will post it again, because it is a happy fun memory for me of her. I didn't get to spend much time with her on the first trip, and only had one lunch with her on the Vegas trip, but she still made an impact on me. I loved seeing her in her tiara and boa in front of the Vegas sign. So fun!!!

And then after we took that photo, she gathered us all around and suggested we take a toe pic. I was like, huh??? But it turned out nice. She did love to make her toes pretty and sparkling.

So here's to Dawn and her goofy, fun, wonderful, Divalicious ideas. I have no doubt she'll gather all the angels and make them pose for a pic like this too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: