Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #151
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Courtney - Did you try your sucker yesterday? I did but I want to wait for you so we can post our taste test results together!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #152
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh Courtney, post! I am anxious to hear the results of this too!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #153
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I just wanted to let you all know that the Christmas card list has been sent out. I'm sorry for the format. On word it was spaced out but for some reason it is all squished together now.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #154
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Beth, it's possible my stocking won't be out today. If it's not out today it will FOR SURE go out tomorrow. I will let you know for sure later.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #155
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

That's fine Janelle. As long as people keep me posted so I know what's going on, then it's all good.

Morning ladies!! It's chilly here today. Only 48 right now. But the sun is shining and I'm trying to keep a smile on my face. In fact I think I know what I'll do today........bake a pumpkin pie and work on Christmas cards. Thanks for the list Cristabel.

Oh, if I bake the pie today, will it still be good for Thursday?? Hmmm, I don't know......

Well, take care everyone.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #156
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Kelly - When it comes to the carpet, we're going to give ourselves some time, meaning since we have to get new carpet anyway, maybe now would be a good time to paint.....yeah, paint.....ya know, and it'll give us more time save up to pay for it. It'll be our winter project. In the mean time, it'll be area rugs on concrete. You never know, we could be starting some new urban trend with that look.

Beth - I always bake pies the day before Thanksgiving so they are really fresh, but if today is the only day you have the time do it, then it should be alright.

We were going to have Thanksgiving at our house, but our water heater and stinkfest put a little crimp in that plan. So we're now going over to my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving. Eh, at least I don't have to be in panick mode anymore about having Thanksgiving here, but my MIL's place is really small, so we'll be squeezed and squished in, nice and cozy like. I love days of such close togetherness with my MIL.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #157
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Good Morning all!

I have not forgotten about doing the picture of Dawn. I'm just waiting to get some pictures of her so that I can do it! I thought I could take some off the photopass, but she doesn't have any on there. There is a good one that Stacerita took on shutterfly, and it would be wonderful if she would send it to me. It's of her in her sparkly ears at the Meet and Greet. Michelle did send me pictures of her at MA, but I want one of her in her ears. If I can't get any other pics of her, I'm going to wait for Stacielee to get the Oct photopass in because there's pictures of her on there.

I'll talk with you all later.

Heather

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #158
kelmac284

Thanks so much Cristabel for doing the christmas list. I have already started on my cards! I like to get mine mailed the weekend after thanksgiving although since we will be out of town it might be that monday. But then it is done! I already have all my family ones done!

And capri I was going to suggest the area rug idea as well but wasn't sure if it would be too cold with the concrete since I know it gets pretty cold up there. But if you can get by with that I say good plan! And if you need to paint then I say go for it. Take advantage of the situation! I hope it all works out for you guys! Again I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this and esp NOW this week. I DID write an extra special card to your sweetie pie asking real nice about you coming although is this going to make it even worse now? I hope not! You guys just have a black cloud hanging over you! I need to come up there and blow that sucker away so you get some good luck!!!

Maybe all of our cards will help change your luck!!

Beth have fun baking. I USED to like to bake but now I just end up eating it so I haven't baked in forever since I have been on an eternal diet for the last 5 years. And lately I haven't been doing a very good job. I think I have gained back almost 10 lbs in the last few months so as SOON as Jan 1 hits it is ON! I am thinking about getting the Fit for the Wii and getting serious cuz I have to try to even get back to where I WAS last year much less try to lose any MORE. I wanted to lose at least another 10 from where I WAS before and now it is 20! UGH! Oh well it's my own fault for being lazy. Ah well. Such is life in the big city!

Anyway I better go eat me some breakfast cuz I have to leave here in a bit for my doc apt. Have a good day all!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #159
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Courtney - Did you try your sucker yesterday? I did but I want to wait for you so we can post our taste test results together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Oh Courtney, post! I am anxious to hear the results of this too!
I haven't tried it yet! I will tonight if I don't fall asleep early again. I had a tummy ache last night and I crashed after dinner. I feel better now, so my lolly is at home waiting for me!

Let me know when you try yours, Vicki!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that the Christmas card list has been sent out. I'm sorry for the format. On word it was spaced out but for some reason it is all squished together now.
Cristabel, do you know about how many girls are on the card list? So we know how many cards to buy.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #160
kelmac284

Courtney I just counted and I think there is 26 so if you can find a box with 30 you should be good!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #161
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Mmm pumpkin pie.... I want to go to Beth's today!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #162
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Usually I do ALL the pie baking for the holidays, but with everything going on this week, I'm just not going to have time to bake all the pies. So I'm only doing a pumkin pie and a huckleberry pie this year. My mom-in-law is buying an apple pie and maybe a pecan pie. I feel really bad about it because my family is always telling me how much they are looking forward to my pies again this year, but our flooding mess made a bunch of extra work for me, so I wasn't able to spend as much time on school work, and now I need to catch up on my school work for the week, so I'm just not going to have the time for a whole day of baking pies this year.

Of course, come Christmas, if nothing else falls apart in our house to cause a major mess, I'll be baking pies like there's nobody's business: pumkin, apple, (Beth, divert your eyes for a minute), raisin cream, (okay, you can look now), pecan, huckleberry, and maybe even a keylime.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #163
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Wow, Capri, you are the bakemaster! What do you use for the huckleberry filling, meaning does it come in a can or jar or frozen? Yum.

Beth, I take it you already have your precious can of pumpkin?

Courtney and Vicki, can't believe how good you guys are at delaying gratification. I tried the maple bacon lollipop a looong time ago and thought it was great. But I also found my tmj didn't like it so it was a quick taste treat.

Cristabel, can you resend the card list or better yet, send it to my email please? I didn't get it and I think it's because my mailbox gets so full.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 11-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #164
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Just a quick hello to all .

Capri- So sorry to hear about all your problems. That really sucks . I'm glad your spirits are a little better today . I love the idea of the urban look (rugs on concrete) .

I'll be going to Disneyland tonight and then staying the night so I can get there at opening so the baby can ride Peter Pan & Dumbo without a horrible line. It will just be me & my 2 daughters. DS has football practice.

And please tell me why he has football practice on Thanksgiving . I know they have a game on Friday, but do they ever get a day off .

Love and Light to all!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #165
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

[QUOTE=CaliforniaDreamer;34456562]Wow, Capri, you are the bakemaster! What do you use for the huckleberry filling, meaning does it come in a can or jar or frozen? Yum. [QUOTE]

We get fresh huckleberries every summer from people we know who go up into the mountains to pick them (since we live in huckleberry growing territory) and then we freeze them to use throughout the year until the next summer. I mainly use them for pies and making huckleberry pancakes, although I've occasionally used them to make huckleberry daiquiris, huckleberry martinis, and huckleberry shakes/smoothies. They are SO good, and good for you too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: