Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #1501
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Evening everyone!

I leave at o' dark thirty tomorrow morning for DL. In other words way before the sun rises.

I can't wait to be there, looking forward to seeing all of the decorations and eating lots of treats.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and I'll be back online Sunday.

steph
Happy Birthday to Steph!

Stacie, congrats on the new job. Let go of the stress, throw those old cards away, cart that stuff out, and embrace the challenge and excitement of the new opportunity!

Mel, you forgot me! I like hugs too! Reminds me of my 7 year old. He was standing next to me when I was on the computer working and had been trying to get under my arm and get my attention. He finally just yelled, "Mom"! Pointed at himself and said, "Hug this please!" With his darling toothless grin. So I did, of course!

Um, forgot what I forgot, but I do love candied pecans Callie! Good choice. And Yeah Capri for booking your flights. Good luck to all of you still studying. Hope it is almost over. OH, Courtney! Don't play to much while the cat is away! (from Nathan, who I must go get off to school, and me off to work)

Have a great day all.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #1502
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Well I should have multi-quoted but forgot to and am too tired to go back. So lets see what I can remember
Capri - YAY! for airline tickets. What time are you and Callie getting in to SNA on Thursday?? I think there are quite a few of us getting in about the same time. I'm getting in at 10:50am.
Cheryl - can't believe you even asked us if you should be daring!
Steph - have a great time at DL! I'm jealous!!
Stacie - I can see where it would be stressful to end a job during the Holidays. Yikes!
Amy Sue - I am going to take you up on that shirt offer.
Debra - congrats on the great GPA!

Trying to get all of my Christmas stuff done before the kids are out of school on Friday. I feel like I am running in circles. Tomorrow I need to stay home and do laundry though. And then tomorrow night is Michaela and Grant's Christmas program at school.
Hey Becci! I have me, you, Heather, and Deb all getting in around the same time. I knew Capri was, but then also remembered she was changing it. So there's 4 of us right now. If we get 1 more, we can do the Disneyland Express for the same price as the SuperShuttle. So if anyone else is coming around 10:30-11am on Thursday, let me know!!
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #1503
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Vicki & Courtney- Good job & you both deserve the wins !

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I just booked my flights!!!

There's no turning back now.

Callie, I'm sitting right next to you in 15E. I'll make sure to shave extra close that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
So I have about 500 business cards that I will no longer be needing. What a waste I am thinking.
I have a whole box of business cards from my first job. I left the company over 3 years ago so I have no idea why I still have them .

Quote:
Evening everyone!

I leave at o' dark thirty tomorrow morning for DL. In other words way before the sun rises.

I can't wait to be there, looking forward to seeing all of the decorations and eating lots of treats.

steph
Have Fun!!! Happy early birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Hugs to everyone else. Donna, Becci, Angie, Jen, Kelly, AmySue, Jane, Theresa, Vicki, Stacielee, Heather, Courtney, Janelle, Deb, Linda, Bree, Sarah, Trudi, Carol, Patti, Wendy and Wendy, Daisy, Shirley, Vanessa and Kerry. (Hope I didn't forget anyone.)

Mel
You forgot me . But I'll forgive you since you've been so busy lately !

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
My whole family is here. I'm going to let my kids miss school today and give the family a tour of our Swiss town.

-Jen
Sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #1504
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post

Congrats to Courtney and Vicki on your big wins at work--Vicki I totally want one of those bags too and I have a feeling that may be my souvenir when we go to WDW in May.
Yay...my thoughts too! I like the white ones the best and I think I'm going to get the tote size I think. I'll have to look at them but now with my work GC and my birthday GC from DL I have enough for the tote and I have a work GC from last year so I could get the wristlet if I like it too. Can't wait to go purse shopping. I can send you pictures if you'd like so you can see what choices there are in Feb. for your May trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post

Who was talking about a cracked windshield? And why they had to replace it? I got a nice 3 inch crack in the middle bottom of mine. I am guessing it was from the wipers in that horrid storm? Wondering if I can just live with it... and why the other person had to replace theirs?
That totally sticks...sorry! If it's not in yoru line of vision you could probably get away without replacing it for a while. I know I've done that in the past. We always got cracked windshields in CO from the dirt/rocks they put on the roads when it snowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Morning ladies..
I have been up since 5 AM for no reason at all. I have been baking for Kaeleb's Polar Express party @ school tomorrow & starting on sugar cookies to decorate tomorrow night.
A Polar Express party sounds fun!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #1505
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Evening everyone!

steph

Steph - I think I missed you before you left but have a wonderful birthday weekend at DL!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #1506
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

I just booked my flight to LAX for $38
I'm still hoping the return flight goes down.
I hope everyone is having a great day, I start graveyards tonight until the 23rd so I need to get started on baking!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #1507
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Biggest of hugs to Tracey and Katie!!!!!

Waaa!!! We just got my son's Mac computer, and I have no idea how to post images now. I had a really cute big hug picture to post for you guys. Just imagine a little glitter kitty giving you a big hug.

Love Mel

Courtney, I am so sorry you were dissapointed in your package. Sorry about that.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #1508
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Steph, thanks for taking the time (happy birthday!!!) to answer my windshield question.

I'm not sure why it matters to replace now before it gets worse... I thought these things could never break into little pieces and fall on you...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

All this talk about baking has me thinking about Dawn. She and I would have been sharing our recipes for the Holidays. Having our grandchildren over to help us make the cookie mess. I miss her.

Mel
I know. I went through that when I thought I'd be at DL last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post

That totally sticks...sorry! If it's not in yoru line of vision you could probably get away without replacing it for a while. I know I've done that in the past. We always got cracked windshields in CO from the dirt/rocks they put on the roads when it snowed.
!
Yeah, it is low so it's no bother. The purse sounds sooo wonderful! Perfect reminder of what a good employee you are and how lucky they are to have you.

Stacierita, try not to stress out about the job change - stress only makes the back worse (I know)... go with the flow, be happy about your new change which is going to be so much better.

Yea, Capri making plans!

Hugs to Katie and Tracey!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #1509
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I'm so far behind! You know how life gets.... trying to catch up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Vicki, what was your team name, I can't remember. You saw us?? We didn't see you!!

Here's the 3 pics I have:

love the picture!!! so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
DIVAS YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Okay so I was on the phone all morning trying to get some things taken care of, when my doorbell rang at about 11:00am. I looked a mess (didn't even have a bra on yet ), but I still answered the door.

It was the mailman with an Express mail delivery .
He says "I got a delivery for Debra".
Me "I'm sorry you have the wrong house".
He looks at the envelope "Oh, it's from Debra it's for Katie".

I opened the envelope & was in shock. There was a cute Christmas card & generous gift card from several of the Divas. I don't even know what to say, I've been very emotional lately & your thoughtfulness is making me cry (in a good way ). It's over 3 hours later & I'm finally composed enough to post my gratitude.

You guys will never understand how much you mean to me. I really don't have many friends. Most of them disappeared the more problems I started to have (they were fake friends). But you guys always gave me encouragement through all my problems & that means more than you know.

Love you guys .
woohoo Katie!! merry christmas xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I had an OB appointment today. Everything looks great!

She is measuring 6 days ahead now, and has a really strong heartbeat. (My boys were both big, Nathan was over 9 pounds 4 weeks early!) She was just a kickin and punchin me! It's amazing to see how far she's come in 4 weeks. Remember the dot I posted? Well she now has a head, and eyes, and arms and legs, and a belly! I'm in love already.

Here's her latest picture!

congrats and yay for ultrasound pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Grades are in....3.5 GPA this quarter! I did deserve the UGGs!!
love love LOVE UGGS....I kind of have an UGG obsession!
I like mine snug, so I buy them smaller then my shoe size. I love the cushy squeeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Hi Gals,
I have not read back much so forgive my lack of response. Mostly just really sad to be cancelling my Christmas trip. My Mom has been having some medical issues and it turns out she is having a procedure on Monday and I want to be here. She told me not to worry and to go, but I can't. I mean she is going all the way under, I could not live with myself if something happened. We have been very fortunate in the Disney time we have had this year and I am not having a pity party, but am just sad
When I told my 7 year old, he got all sad and almost cried, and said, "I really wanted to go on Screamin!", and then two seconds later was onto the next thing. So I guess I am the only one traumatized. (I think my husband is relieved!)

Well, I'll be back again some day!

Good Night all.
Tracey
sending you good thoughts & prayers to your mom! Sorry you had to cancel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Go morning my Diva babes!

I very quick check in with everyone before I head back to the hospital.

My dad is stable. The doctors are trying to figure out why his white and red blood cell count is so low....they are suspicious he is bleeding out somewhere. They did an endoscopy (sp?) on him yesterday, but found nothing, so now they are talking about doing a colonoscopy and possibly getting a bone marrow sample.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I didn't have any time to read back other than just a couple of posts, but I wanted to say:

Debra - Congrats on the awesome grades girl!!!

Jen - Sorry about the bummer job interview. As smart and accomplished as you are, you'll have them knocking at your door soon.

Tracy - I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip.

I'm sure I missed a lot so I'm giving hugs ALL AROUND!
sending continued prayers to your family!

Quote:
Evening everyone!

steph
Have a wonderful Birthday weekend! Weather outside is FABULOUS!!!

Happy Thursday to you all! I hope you all have a wonderful day
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #1510
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I just booked my flight to LAX for $38
I'm still hoping the return flight goes down.
I hope everyone is having a great day, I start graveyards tonight until the 23rd so I need to get started on baking!
Angie - where you flying out of and what date??? Airline?? I'm thinking either Seattle or Bellingham, yes?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #1511
wendypooh22
Sometimes I'm a little Grumpy
He kept asking me to ride "The tiny world" ride

Hi Ladies... I am on my 2nd week of jury duty and I am just soo excited to be an alternate because I get to sit in this really nice room with a bunch of sniffling, sneazing, coughing strangers all day long! At least there is wi-fi so I have been catching up on what has been going on with y'all.

To those that need them, big hugs

To those that are celebrating WOOHOO

To everyone else, happy Thursday!!

My DS turned 11 on Tuesday so after court we spent about 3 hours in traffic driving down to DL. He wanted to get his gift card and I couldn't say no to him since the rest of us all received our cards.
It was pretty busy, but we managed to ride a few rides and finally saw the fireworks in front of IASW. Boy, that is my new favorite place to watch them. After it snowed, both of my boys gave me the biggest hug and thanked me for bringing them. Now I am already emotional since fireworks and snow get me all warm and fuzzy. But when they said thank you the water works just started to flow. They didn't seem to mind that their mom cries It was well worth it to see them soo happy.

I hope that everyone has a magical day!!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #1512
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello ladies! Lots of us are so busy with all sorts of fun holiday plans, errands, cleaning, baking, shopping, wrapping, working, and so on and so on! Whew!!!! It's exhausting.

I'm back from my doc appt. and have all sorts of fun (not!) and pricey procedures scheduled to see what's going on with me. Boo!
But I am blessed and thankful to live in a country where these tests are available to me, and hopefully they will give me an answer and a solution.

We also found out that we are pretty much screwed on getting our mini van sliding door fixed. We only have liability so our insurance won't cover it. They are going to try to go after the guy using his license plate and go through his insurance, assuming he has any, but with no witnesses it could be hard to prove and it's not likely to happen. So it appears we are stuck with a crunched in door.

But I am thankful the door still slides so the kids can get in and out, and we have a van to drive rather than taking the bus, no matter how crappy it looks. LOL

I have a ton of baking to do, but am happy I am capable of baking yummy treats for friends and coworkers.
I have a ton of laundry catch up on, but I'm grateful I have a washer and dryer in which to do it.
And I have lots of cleaning to do before Ruben's parents and sister arrive tomorrow. But I am happy they are coming and therefore happy to do a little work before they get here.

I still don't know what to do about my tooth as I don't have the money to get it fixed, but I know once I do, I have a great dentist to go to who is efficient, does great work and is close by.

Okay, how's that for trying to be positive and not get caught in the "woe is me" syndrome that I almost got sucked into today!!!!
Maybe if I say it often enough, I will actually mean it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!! TTYL
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #1513
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Howdy all. I am back from running with mom and I got the gift so that is done! Whew! One less thing to have to deal with. I also went to the post office and I got cards from Tracey and Patty. THANKS so much. Tracey I have to say I LOVE the pic collage that you did! That is AWESOME!!!! I am going to put that on my desk with all my other special pics! LOVE it!!!

Well I am going to run and try to watch my lost rental movie before I have to pic up the girls and then it is off to the dentist. BLEH! At least it is not ME who has to get tortured!!

See ya!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #1514
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Deep breath. As one of my old bosses reminded me, you are now being measured on your new job, not your old job. Just put things in enough order and then move on. Maybe you could start with moving out your junk, just so you can get over that mental barrier of moving jobs? It's not worth an anxiety attack. Oh, and go get a massage.

YEAH!!

Have fun!!!

My whole family is here. I'm going to let my kids miss school today and give the family a tour of our Swiss town.

-Jen
Great advice thanks!!!

Have a wonderful time with your family over there. I am still so jealous of the adventure you and the family are having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Stacerita, I know what you mean about wrapping up an old job. It's stressful and bittersweet, isn't it? I'm sure you will be fine because that's just how you roll!
It is bittersweet. I love this job, and the facility, but I am so happy to start a new chapter. I basically created my job and have been the only one to do it, so its hard to farm out my responsibilities and let go. But you are right, that's how I roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Stacie, congrats on the new job. Let go of the stress, throw those old cards away, cart that stuff out, and embrace the challenge and excitement of the new opportunity!
I will have a hard time tossing the cards out. I am slightly narcisistic and love seeing my name on them.

My plan is to come in on Satuday morning and just clean out my stuff. There is a ton of it. Just today I found a couple packs/cups of oatmeal, 5 water bottles, hot cocoa, and more plastic cutlery that I can use in my last days here. Not to mention all my Disney stuff I will need to take down. I am so looking forward to my new job though. I am taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off to relax and take care of some stuff at home that i have been neglecting.

Beth - Can you add me to Carnation Cafe? Pretty please with sugar lumps on top.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 12-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #1515
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Mel- Thanks for the hugs. They are always welcomed.

Beth- I love your new positive attitude, but I'm so sorry things don't seem to be working out. If they find the guy that hit your van & he has some damage on this car, then it will be easier to prove. Hopefully they don't wait too long so he can't repair his car. Good luck with the doctors & I hope it's something easily fixed .

In light of Beth's new positive attitude, I'm going to follow her lead & be positive. I finally took my car in this morning to get the brakes fixed & the rotors were also bad. So it will cost me $499. The positive is that it is under $500 & that they are giving me 90 days same as cash. So I have 3 months to pay for it with no interest .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: