Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #1291
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneJEPC View Post
We are on the Magic NYC June 2nd and traveling with our whole family -8 adults and 3 kids -ages 9, 9 & 5 - spread across 4 staterooms. We reallly reallly want to book a cabana but I've read you can only have 10. I don't care about the extra cost - but i would hate to not get it just because we have 1 extra and I don't want to pay for a second cabana when really its mostly so that my parents and my inlaws have a shaded area to get out of the sun. but they want to be able to watch the kids play on the beach.

Has anyone heard of being able to get extra people in ? I am going to try calliing the "special number" we got for being CC members (our 2nd DC) to see whats possible- but i thought I'd check first here to see if anyone else has had that issue
10 is the maximum. You have to have the wristbands and they will only give you 10. I can tell you they will tell you to get a second cabana. The original number was 8 then they moved it to 10 so pushing it by asking for 1 more will mean they will have to let the next family with 11 do it then someone will have 12 and so on.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #1292
disneychck
Mouseketeer

Yep 10 is the max

Last edited by disneychck; 02-15-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: wrong info
disneychck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #1293
AnneJEPC
Earning My Ears

thanks for your reply!! that's what I had kinda figured - but it was worth asking

WDW-lots
DCL- Magic 3/2001 & 6/2012
AnneJEPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #1294
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

We have had a cabana several times now. The last time was on our Dream cruise a two weeks ago. As far as we know there is no option for a dedicated host that sits in your cabana with you. Often the there are 2-3 people taking care of the family cabanas. You press a button and they come to you. They can take any requests you may have. The attendants are usually the concierge people from the ship. Sometimes other people from the guest services department. It is normally more than enough to take care of the cabana guests We spend our time relaxing and swimming so we only call for mixed drinks from the bar (which do cost extra) or for a golf cart ride back to the tram stop. During your stay you get a fridge stocked with drinks, towels, wet cool towels to use, a large fruit basket, sunscreen, chips/snack bars, bike rentals, floats, snorkel equipment and a small safe in the closet for your personal items. People will come by once or twice to clean up and retrieve dirty dishes or towels. The host also checks on you a few times. Really very little need for more attention. We love the cabanas.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #1295
ricosha75
Earning My Ears

I reserved one online for our trip in May - but only clicked to add myself. I didn't realize I needed to click ALL the members in my party - now when I try to add them, it says I can't (although, I still have the confirmation that we have a cabana held for me). Do you know if it will be a problem for my family to get wrist bands (6 of us total) if I'm the only one listed on the reservation? Confused
ricosha75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #1296
amylia403
Disney Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosha75 View Post
I reserved one online for our trip in May - but only clicked to add myself. I didn't realize I needed to click ALL the members in my party - now when I try to add them, it says I can't (although, I still have the confirmation that we have a cabana held for me). Do you know if it will be a problem for my family to get wrist bands (6 of us total) if I'm the only one listed on the reservation? Confused
I did the same thing last year. I just had to stop by the guest services desk on the ship and they were able to add my family

amylia403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1297
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Or you can call DCL and they will do it now!

Deemarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #1298
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

Here is my Cabana dilemma:

I am traveling with my parents and my sister and brother in law in May. We are doing a B2B Dream.

Got up at midnight for BOTH 90 day marks and desperately wanted to rent a SB Cabana for us! All of the SB Cabanas are already booked. I plan on STALKING the Port Adventures site to see if one opens between now and May.

BUT, I was able to secure Cabana #2 on the Family Beach. Not too sure if my family will go for it.

Not sure how we will feel about being at the family beach because my family adores SB. We have only been to SB, never to the family beach.

What are your thoughts about 6 adults who only go to SB enjoying a day at the Family Beach in their #2 Cabana?

I read that there is access to a private beach. Can someone please tell me more about that? Also, does Cabana #2 have a Hammock. DH LOVES the Hammocks and spends most of the day at CC in one.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #1299
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygirl13 View Post

I am traveling with my parents and my sister and brother in law in May. We are doing a B2B Dream.

Got up at midnight for BOTH 90 day marks and desperately wanted to rent a SB Cabana for us! All of the SB Cabanas are already booked. I plan on STALKING the Port Adventures site to see if one opens between now and May.

BUT, I was able to secure Cabana #2 on the Family Beach. Not too sure if my family will go for it.

Not sure how we will feel about being at the family beach because my family adores SB. We have only been to SB, never to the family beach.

What are your thoughts about 6 adults who only go to SB enjoying a day at the Family Beach in their #2 Cabana?

I read that there is access to a private beach. Can someone please tell me more about that? Also, does Cabana #2 have a Hammock. DH LOVES the Hammocks and spends most of the day at CC in one.

Thanks!
My family will be at Cabana 2 next week. I'll take pics and PM them to you. Yes, it does have a hammock at least. Other than that, I can't speak to it's comfort or private or anything else as I've not been to this Cabana before.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #1300
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:

Thanks!
The private family beach is right in front of the cabanas. No one can use it except cabana guests so it is not crowded similar to SB, but you will see all the families playing in the water just down the beach near Pelican Plunge.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #1301
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

Quote:

Thanks!
We were in Cabana #6 last week and yes there is a Hammock in front of the Cabana.

I would keep Cabana #2 and if one opens on SB change. I think you won't be disappointed if you have to "settle" for Cabana #2.

Enjoy.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #1302
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I plan on STALKING the Port Adventures site to see if one opens between now and May.
I assume this means that you'll be checking the Disney site to see if anyone cancels.

What are the odds on cancellation when the cabanas book up even before the 90 day point?

Is there a stand by list that you can get on once your onboard?

Thanks

ScottakaMickey
ScottakaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #1303
Mauicshell
Earning My Ears

1st Time Cruiser

I have a concierge suite so I will be able to book 120 days in advnace. If I'm on right at midnight will it be tought to secure a cabana?
Mauicshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #1304
1stdcl2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauicshell View Post
I have a concierge suite so I will be able to book 120 days in advnace. If I'm on right at midnight will it be tought to secure a cabana?
I did this and there were several available to choose from both Family and SB. My suggestion is to make a list of your preferences (SB? Family?) so it's quicker to choose the one you like. In my case, I didn't know which one to get LOL - I was aiming for a lower numbered cabana but #1-5 were already taken. I got #6, suprise!

One thing was that I was travelling with another cabin that is not Concierge and wanted to include in my Cabana. For this, I requested Shoreside team to fix it for me, since I can't add it by myself (booking window restrictions for non-Con). The other guest still doesn't show when I view my cabana online, but Shoreside assured me they got it correctly in the system and not to worry.
1stdcl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #1305
1stdcl2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stdcl2012 View Post
I did this and there were several available to choose from both Family and SB. My suggestion is to make a list of your preferences (SB? Family?) so it's quicker to choose the one you like. In my case, I didn't know which one to get LOL - I was aiming for a lower numbered cabana but #1-5 were already taken. I got #6, suprise!

One thing was that I was travelling with another cabin that is not Concierge and wanted to include in my Cabana. For this, I requested Shoreside team to fix it for me, since I can't add it by myself (booking window restrictions for non-Con). The other guest still doesn't show when I view my cabana online, but Shoreside assured me they got it correctly in the system and not to worry.
Oh and you have to be fully paid before you can avail of the 120-day booking.
1stdcl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: