Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #1276
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find it. Now that the Disney info says you can pay extra for a hosted cabana do the concierge hosts no longer help you at the cabana as part of the cabana fee?
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1277
Tigger1313
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonfamily View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find it. Now that the Disney info says you can pay extra for a hosted cabana do the concierge hosts no longer help you at the cabana as part of the cabana fee?
Here did you read that you now have to pay extra for a hosted cabana, I can't find that information anywhere on the DCL web site

DCL 1/14 BLT 1/14
DCL 7/14
AKL & BLT 7/14
AKL 10/14
DCL 2/15
Tigger1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #1278
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1313 View Post
Here did you read that you now have to pay extra for a hosted cabana, I can't find that information anywhere on the DCL web site
I am wondering that too... I booked a cabana on SB for our upcoming Dream cruise and I assumed that a host would be included. I don't want to pay even more! It will be just the two of us and so we are looking forward to it as a day to be pampered and relax.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #1279
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Per the Disney Cruise Line website:
Quote:
Duration: All Day
Price includes up to 6 guests, additional $50 per person charges can be accommodated onboard up to a Maximum of 10 guests.

During your visit to Disney's Castaway Cay, bask in the luxury and privacy of a deluxe beach retreat along Family Beach. Each well-appointed cabana is furnished with comfortable seating, a beverage refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, plush towels and sunscreen. Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs, a freshwater shower, hammock and sailcloth shade are yours to enjoy amid spectacular offshore vie ws. Fresh fruit and snacks are included along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Dedicated beverage service is provided and alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost. Additionally, each cabana includes use of snorkeling equipment, floats, sand toys, and one hour of bike rental.
It appears you do have a host, but extra food/services are an additional fee.

Last edited by TLSnell1981; 02-04-2012 at 06:41 PM.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #1280
Reto
Baloo's Best Buddy:-)

Can't really help you, but I had a SB cabana last November and the host (it was Nelson from Honduras - nice guy!), plus a fridge full of beverages, as well as fruits and snacks were definitely included. Now the question still remains if any additional food and beverages would have been included as well. Didn't order any.
11/2012: 4 Nights Lion King Suite @ Art of Animation & 5 Nights Wilderness Lodge & 7 Nights Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise
05/2013: 4th WDW Visit - 7 Nights Saratogs Springs 2-Bedroom Villa
Reto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1281
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Per the Disney Cruise Line website:
It appears you do have a host, but extra food/services are an additional fee.
Wdwinfo.com and mousesavers and another site that I can't remember all had the exact same language about a private cabana host being available for an additional fee. One of the posters above posted a link to the wdwinfo article. The language is identical at all the sites so I assume it came from a Disney press release.
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #1282
samily
DIS Veteran

We had a cabana on SB last week. When the tram dropped us off, we checked in at the Cabana Check In hut and our host drove us to the cabana. He came in and showed us where everything was, and how to page him if we needed anything. We never called him for anything, but whenever he saw us walking by (like on the way to lunch or the restroom) he would say that we should have called him for a ride or whatever. He was waiting in his golf cart at the end of the day behind the cabanas, so we let him give us a ride then.

In the cabana, there was soda, water, chips, granola bars, fruits, towels, chilled facecloths, sunscreen, magazines, and a safe.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett

Last edited by samily; 02-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #1283
Reto
Baloo's Best Buddy:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily View Post
We had a cabana on SB last week. When the tram dropped us off, we checked in at the Cabana Check In hut and our host drove us to the cabana. He came in and showed us where everything was, and how to page him if we needed anything. We never called him for anything, but whenever he saw us walking by (like on the way to lunch or the restroom) he would say that we should have called him for a ride or whatever. He was waiting in his golf cart at the end of the day behind the cabanas, so we let him give us a ride then.

In the cabana, there was soda, water, chips, granola bars, fruits, towels, chilled facecloths, sunscreen, magazines, and a safe.
That's exactly how it was on my cruise last November. No additional fee for all of the things you mentioned.
11/2012: 4 Nights Lion King Suite @ Art of Animation & 5 Nights Wilderness Lodge & 7 Nights Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise
05/2013: 4th WDW Visit - 7 Nights Saratogs Springs 2-Bedroom Villa
Reto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #1284
mousebrat
DIS Veteran

I think that what they are saying is that you can pay extra to have a dedicated attendant. What has been included is someone who is also taking care of a few other cabanas. If you want to go somewhere and they are getting something for someone else, you may have to wait a short while. A "private" host infers that someone will be dedicated to your every whim. So, if you have an emirate or you need to rent the entire beach for entourage, Disney will gladly provide servants for an additional fee.

June 2, 2012 Disney Magic NYC

Wishing we could call the Grand Floridian home...
mousebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #1285
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebrat View Post
I think that what they are saying is that you can pay extra to have a dedicated attendant. What has been included is someone who is also taking care of a few other cabanas. If you want to go somewhere and they are getting something for someone else, you may have to wait a short while. A "private" host infers that someone will be dedicated to your every whim. So, if you have an emirate or you need to rent the entire beach for entourage, Disney will gladly provide servants for an additional fee.
I don't believe that is the case. I believe you can purchase alcoholic "packages" - like the 'bucket of beer" - on board that will be delivered to your cabana. Also, there is a drink menu in the cabana and you can order drinks that will be brought to you but you pay for those just as you would if you ordered from an attendant on the beach. There is no dedicated person you can pay extra for. One of the concierge CM hosts from the ship is assigned to the cabanas for the CC day.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #1286
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

We will be experiencing CC for the first time so I wanted to do all of the things at the family beach, but it will be just dh and me. Would you recommend a cabana at the family beach or sb?

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #1287
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Lynn View Post
Are there usually a few cancellations for cabanas? They were sold out for our cruise. I was planning on checking while on board.
I know we have a cabana reserved for our upcoming cruise but are now waffling. It was get for our Dream cruise when there were SO many more people, but we'll be on the Magic and wondering if it will really be worth it. If others are having similar thoughts, there is always a possibility of cancellation.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #1288
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonfamily View Post
Wdwinfo.com and mousesavers and another site that I can't remember all had the exact same language about a private cabana host being available for an additional fee. One of the posters above posted a link to the wdwinfo article. The language is identical at all the sites so I assume it came from a Disney press release.
I just booked a cabana. I copied and pasted the information, directly from DCL's online booking site (for excursions, dining, etc). I guess, it's possible the website is incorrect.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #1289
Brandis
DIS Veteran

Private cabana host sounds like a host who would stay at your cabana all the time so you don't have to ring for him.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #1290
AnneJEPC
Earning My Ears

Cabana limits

We are on the Magic NYC June 2nd and traveling with our whole family -8 adults and 3 kids -ages 9, 9 & 5 - spread across 4 staterooms. We reallly reallly want to book a cabana but I've read you can only have 10. I don't care about the extra cost - but i would hate to not get it just because we have 1 extra and I don't want to pay for a second cabana when really its mostly so that my parents and my inlaws have a shaded area to get out of the sun. but they want to be able to watch the kids play on the beach.

Has anyone heard of being able to get extra people in ? I am going to try calliing the "special number" we got for being CC members (our 2nd DC) to see whats possible- but i thought I'd check first here to see if anyone else has had that issue

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: