Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #1051
Nikki'sMommy
Mouseketeer

Keep trying!!! I was certain we would have to wait until we got onboard and be put on the wait list at the excursion desk but somehow a little pixie dust came our way and we scored one.. good luck..

me( 45) dh(48) dd(6)
Nikki'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #1052
rxtiger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki'sMommy View Post
Keep trying!!! I was certain we would have to wait until we got onboard and be put on the wait list at the excursion desk but somehow a little pixie dust came our way and we scored one.. good luck..
Thanks for the encouragement. Its a little fun trying to catch one available.
rxtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #1053
kathi
DIS Veteran

A few cabanas questions (Sorry if they have been asked, but this thread is HUGE).

1) what is the cancellation policy for cabanas?
2) do you pay the entire amount at the time of booking?
3) is the beach in front only for people using the cabanas or is it for all guests? (Wondering how hard it will be to get a chair at the actual beach).

We are on the November 26th Magic and I'm seriously considering a cabana this time since we have a few cancer survivors in our group who love the beach but like to stay our of the sun. I think, because of them, this would totally be worth it so we can all be together.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #1054
LoveStitch
Mouseketeer

Bumping this...to see if anyone has an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveStitch View Post
If the only cabana available was on the family beach when I got online, I would go ahead and book it - but would prefer Serenity Bay. If a Serenity Bay cabana then became available at a later date, would I be able to switch?

LoveStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #1055
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi View Post
A few cabanas questions (Sorry if they have been asked, but this thread is HUGE).

3) is the beach in front only for people using the cabanas or is it for all guests? (Wondering how hard it will be to get a chair at the actual beach).

We are on the November 26th Magic and I'm seriously considering a cabana this time since we have a few cancer survivors in our group who love the beach but like to stay our of the sun. I think, because of them, this would totally be worth it so we can all be together.
1. You can cancel a cabana just like an excursion. You pay onboard after use and the beach in front is for cabana guests only.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #1056
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveStitch View Post
Bumping this...to see if anyone has an answer?
You can cancel the Family beach cabana subject to same cancellation policies as excursions (can't remember if it's before your cruise starts or before that dock day).

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #1057
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi View Post

1. You have to cancel prior to boarding unless you book onboard then there is no cancellation.
2. It is charged to your room when you board the ship.
3. There are two answers for this. At the family beach yes... the beach front is for cabana guests only. On Serenity Bay it is open and the cabanas are roped off at the top of the beach. But its like its private anyway as there aren't many on the adult beach.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #1058
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
1. You can cancel a cabana just like an excursion. You pay onboard after use and the beach in front is for cabana guests only.
The beach is only for cabana guests on the family beach. On serenity bay it is not private.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #1059
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Of course, subject to availability..do I want a cabana both days? Will I be disappointed with just one?

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #1060
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Of course, subject to availability..do I want a cabana both days? Will I be disappointed with just one?
We had a Cabana on the family beach for both days of our CC double dip on the Dream in May. We love CC and having the Cabana both days just made that part of the trip even more special. Why people love them has been explained so many times already in this thread, so I won't chime in on why we love the Cabanas. However, having done CC 10 times during various cruises over the years without a Cabana, and now having done a Cabana twice, I appreciate all that the Cabanas have offer and plan to book them on future cruises.

Regarding will you be disappointed if you only get it for one stop?...We all loved CC for years before the Cabanas. You will still have a wonderful time even if you don't get one, or only get it for one stop.
WDWDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #1061
miztressuz
Mouseketeer

So I'm finally at my 75 day mark so I can book excursions and with no surprise, no cabanas

But, for those that scored cabanas checking back before the cruise, what time of day were you checking? Just wondering if there seemed to be a pattern to time of day when people make cancellations or if there is a set period when DCL releases excursion inventory back on the site. I don't want to check every hour for the next 74 days Was hoping to pick a time (morning, afternoon, evening, midnight, etc) each day to check.
WDW
'06, '08, '09, '10, '11 POP
'93 CR with folks
miztressuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #1062
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post
So I'm finally at my 75 day mark so I can book excursions and with no surprise, no cabanas

But, for those that scored cabanas checking back before the cruise, what time of day were you checking? Just wondering if there seemed to be a pattern to time of day when people make cancellations or if there is a set period when DCL releases excursion inventory back on the site. I don't want to check every hour for the next 74 days Was hoping to pick a time (morning, afternoon, evening, midnight, etc) each day to check.
I scored ours in the evening! Wishing you lots of pixie dust!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #1063
Nikki'sMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post

We got ours in the morning...I think it was on the 13th day of trying..

me( 45) dh(48) dd(6)
Nikki'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #1064
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

I have a quick question:

I'm quickly approaching the day that I can try to rent a cabana.

Here's my question....

I can rent at the 90 day mark. My reservation is linked to three other reservations. All of those reservations are people who can rent at the 75 day mark.

Because I'm linked to THOSE reservations, will I be able to rent without a problem?

Also, there will be 8 people in the cabana. At the time of rental, do you have to plug-in the names of the people who will be in the cabana with you? Will the fact that they are not yet able to make their own reservations have an impact on my ability to rent this cabana, based on the fact that we're linked?

Whew! I have a headache just thinking about this
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #1065
all5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I have a quick question:

I'm quickly approaching the day that I can try to rent a cabana.

Here's my question....

I can rent at the 90 day mark. My reservation is linked to three other reservations. All of those reservations are people who can rent at the 75 day mark.

Because I'm linked to THOSE reservations, will I be able to rent without a problem?

Also, there will be 8 people in the cabana. At the time of rental, do you have to plug-in the names of the people who will be in the cabana with you? Will the fact that they are not yet able to make their own reservations have an impact on my ability to rent this cabana, based on the fact that we're linked?

Whew! I have a headache just thinking about this
As long as you are paid in full you can reserve the cabana with just yourself and just add the others later with no problem.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: