Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #541
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Nope, I said this a long ways back and got totally smacked down for it. In fact, I think I was asked why I was even on this thread, if I couldn't afford to book a cabana. Even though, in 15 cruises, I've been in concierge or Owner's Suites all but 2 times. Money's not the issue for me.
But everyone is allowed to spend their money how they see fit.....some would not agree, I'm sure, with the way I spend mine...so to each his own.
I agree 100% with ya here ....

You won't know unless you go and experience something for yourself - but it comes down to ones individual perception if they got something valuable or worthwhile out of the money spent. Whether one splurges on a suite, an expensive spa treatment, pricey excursions, extravagant dinner in Remy, an expensive piece of art .... to each their own. I'm still kind of new here. I like the advice and depth of knowledge / experience from veterans, I don't like the gripes and judgements some folks make....

I'm off today, snowed it and bored ... forgive my rambling
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #542
Chief71
Fantasy April 7, 2012

2 Families sharing

We are going with another family, both of 4. 2 adults each and noth kave 2 kids 8 and 2 kids 5. Will we be able to share 1 cabana or will they not allow it? I would think most of the day the kids will be in the childrens program. Thanks in adcance for the insight.
Walt Disney World:2005 - Beach Club Villa's; Old Key West Villa's; 2007 - Beach Club Villa's; Old Key West Villa's; Saratoga Springs; 2008 - Beach Club Villa's; Wilderness Villa's; Old Key West; 2010 - Beach Club Villa's; Tree House Villa's; 2011 - Bay Lake Tower; Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf; 2012 - Saratoga Springs; Animal Kingdom Villa's (Savanna View) 2013 - Broadwalk Villa's July 4-13
Disney Cruise Line
:
Fantasy Western April 7, 2012 (Cat 4A); Fantasy Eastern July 13, 2013 (Cat 4A)
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line - Voyager Western Caribbean June 2000 (Jr. Suite); Explorer Western Caribbean December 2002 (Grand Suite); Splendour Western Caribbean January 2007 (Owner's Suite)
Carnival Cruise Line - Inspiration Eastern Caribbean January 2005 (Penthouse Suite)
Chief71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #543
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief71 View Post
We are going with another family, both of 4. 2 adults each and noth kave 2 kids 8 and 2 kids 5. Will we be able to share 1 cabana or will they not allow it? I would think most of the day the kids will be in the childrens program. Thanks in adcance for the insight.

Yes, you can have 8 in your cabana, it will cost $100 more (first 6 included, each additonal person up to 10 is $50)

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #544
Chief71
Fantasy April 7, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Yes, you can have 8 in your cabana, it will cost $100 more (first 6 included, each additonal person up to 10 is $50)

Great!! Thanks for the help
Walt Disney World:2005 - Beach Club Villa's; Old Key West Villa's; 2007 - Beach Club Villa's; Old Key West Villa's; Saratoga Springs; 2008 - Beach Club Villa's; Wilderness Villa's; Old Key West; 2010 - Beach Club Villa's; Tree House Villa's; 2011 - Bay Lake Tower; Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf; 2012 - Saratoga Springs; Animal Kingdom Villa's (Savanna View) 2013 - Broadwalk Villa's July 4-13
Disney Cruise Line
:
Fantasy Western April 7, 2012 (Cat 4A); Fantasy Eastern July 13, 2013 (Cat 4A)
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line - Voyager Western Caribbean June 2000 (Jr. Suite); Explorer Western Caribbean December 2002 (Grand Suite); Splendour Western Caribbean January 2007 (Owner's Suite)
Carnival Cruise Line - Inspiration Eastern Caribbean January 2005 (Penthouse Suite)
Chief71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #545
Bullseyebaby
Where's my trusty steed Bullseye?

Just chiming in to say a few more things.....

paying the $500 is entirely up to you & your family/guests.

You are paying for a "private space". Bottled water & sunscreen were the only things "free" that would otherwise have a charge on them. We were not offered any Rum punch.

In the small amount of time we were in the cabana, we pushed the button twice for service and never had anyone answer (we were told it pages them directly). It's all about expectations. If you want privacy with a little exclusivity... great. You will get that. If you want great customer service, where someone waits on you and your guests,....I think you'll be disappointed.
Bullseyebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #546
Katems
Mouseketeer

How many bikes and floats and such are included in the cabanas on the family beach?

Thanks!
Katems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #547
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyebaby View Post
Just chiming in to say a few more things.....

paying the $500 is entirely up to you & your family/guests.

You are paying for a "private space". Bottled water & sunscreen were the only things "free" that would otherwise have a charge on them. We were not offered any Rum punch.

In the small amount of time we were in the cabana, we pushed the button twice for service and never had anyone answer (we were told it pages them directly). It's all about expectations. If you want privacy with a little exclusivity... great. You will get that. If you want great customer service, where someone waits on you and your guests,....I think you'll be disappointed.
And see.. I think the opposite. It seems it depends on the cruise and the concierge on duty.
We had Rum punch... an endless supply actually and our concierge literally was there in about a minute after we pushed the button. We pushed it about 3-4 times and then he just showed up a few times to check on us, because he hadn't heard from us in a while.

I am sorry you didn't get the great service as promised. Some have and some haven't. I will definitely be doing it again... the private space is the main thing we appreciate and pay for so to us it is worth it.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #548
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
And see.. I think the opposite. It seems it depends on the cruise and the concierge on duty.
We had Rum punch... an endless supply actually and our concierge literally was there in about a minute after we pushed the button. We pushed it about 3-4 times and then he just showed up a few times to check on us, because he hadn't heard from us in a while.

I am sorry you didn't get the great service as promised. Some have and some haven't. I will definitely be doing it again... the private space is the main thing we appreciate and pay for so to us it is worth it.
sounds like I want YOUR HOST when I am have the cabana
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #549
kbmo4444
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We had the same experience on our Double Dip Nov 2010! We had rum punch and our host arrived soon after we hit the call button. It is unfortunate that those who have rented cabana's recently have not had the same service. Our main reason that we rented and are renting the cabana's on our B2B in Feb is the private space as well
4/2006 3 night Wonder – 4/2007 4 night Wonder – 2/2008 7 night Magic Western – 11/2008 4 night Wonder – 4/2009 4 night Wonder – 12/2009 3 night Wonder – 2/2010 7 night Western – 4/2010 Wonder B2B – 11/2010 7 night Magic Western Double Dip – 2/2011 Dream B2B - 2/2012 7 night Magic Eastern- 2/2013 5 night Wonder
kbmo4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #550
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post
How many bikes and floats and such are included in the cabanas on the family beach?

Thanks!
As far as I know, bikes are not included in the cabana rental. You still have to pay for those, like an excursion. Floats and innertubes are unlimited. They just had a big "corral" (for lack of a better word) of them and you could just take what you wanted.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #551
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
As far as I know, bikes are not included in the cabana rental. You still have to pay for those, like an excursion. Floats and innertubes are unlimited. They just had a big "corral" (for lack of a better word) of them and you could just take what you wanted.
I had read somewhere that the bike rentals were included that you showed your wristband at the rental hut.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #552
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm with you on this one. I think you and many others have been given the service one should expect at that price. I have a feeling that if DCL offered these with no reference to service or amenities, they wouldn't be nearly as popular. I don't need to pay for exclusivity...but I WILL pay for service. Sounds like you were treated like a movie star, which would have been a bargain at twice the price!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #553
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I had read somewhere that the bike rentals were included that you showed your wristband at the rental hut.
I read that too. One bike rental for each cabana guest is supposed to be included.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #554
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Possible. I might have just missed it. I should have asked my alleged Cabana Host. Oh, wait...

Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #555
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
I'm with you on this one. I think you and many others have been given the service one should expect at that price. I have a feeling that if DCL offered these with no reference to service or amenities, they wouldn't be nearly as popular. I don't need to pay for exclusivity...but I WILL pay for service. Sounds like you were treated like a movie star, which would have been a bargain at twice the price!

Perhaps the service aspect has been hit or miss so far...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: