Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #481
Disney1fan2002
Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to find like another Val fer sure! ;)
Please don't anyone report this thread, it has the potential to get real good
He just comes across as a pompous donkey

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

You know, at first I thought, no way am I spending $500 for a cabana for a day. The more I think about it though, and with what you get, I may just book the cabana instead of an excursion for the 5 of us. We would probably enjoy the sanctuary of the private cabana and all the snacks and sodas and rental equipment for the entire day over a 45 minute parasailing trip that would end up costing us more.

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been trying to think of a nice excursion for all of us, but I think the cabana will be a better deal all around.

Are they far from Pelican Plunge?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #482
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney1fan2002 View Post
You know, at first I thought, no way am I spending $500 for a cabana for a day. The more I think about it though, and with what you get, I may just book the cabana instead of an excursion for the 5 of us. We would probably enjoy the sanctuary of the private cabana and all the snacks and sodas and rental equipment for the entire day over a 45 minute parasailing trip that would end up costing us more.

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been trying to think of a nice excursion for all of us, but I think the cabana will be a better deal all around.

They are directly in front of Pelican Plunge. You can swim from the Cabana to the deck of Pelican Plunge!
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #483
angelaernest
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I thought about the exact same thing. We have a party of 7 and 5 of us had made reservations to do the walking and kayaking tour (at $64 each) as well as rent bikes ($6/hr) and float tubes ($6) and snorkel equip ($25), etc. My mother physically finds it difficult to walk a lot and I sunburn badly after a few hours in the water and the sun.

I was simply resigned to returning to the boat after a couple hours on CC. When I learned about the cabanas and discussed it with DH, we decided a cabana was a perfect solution to the dilemma.

Now DM and I can hang out on the beach with the rest of the fam for the day (weather permitting) and my 4-year-old will probably appreciate being able to stay on the beach with her dad and her older brother and sister instead of returning to the boat with a grumpy, sunburned mom and a drained grandma.

Once we made the decision I promptly cancelled the separate reservations for the 3 hour tour, the snorkel equip, the bikes, etc. and have opted to relax in the shade, snorkel with the kids, ride bikes, float in the water, lounge in the hammock, and generally enjoy the next couple weeks of not worrying whether we will have been able to find seating on the beach, at Cookies Too, etc. for a group of 7. DH and I think it will be money well-spent, especially when considering the large number of people who will be traveling on the Dream.

AK Villas-- Kidani -- March 2011
Disney Dream Cruise -- March 2011
Caribbean Beach Resort -- May 2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge -- June 2008
angelaernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #484
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaz View Post
I hope I'll be able to rent one when we get onboard! Should we just go to the guest services as soon as we arrive?
Cabanas are booked at the excursions desk, not guest services.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #485
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Cabanas are booked at the excursions desk, not guest services.
But in true Disney fashion...not always. Just read a post yesterday from someone whos DH was waiting in the excursions line (no one was at the counter yet) while she was a guest services taking care of something else and found out GS was booking the cabanas. Fortunately there were still some available for them.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #486
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
But in true Disney fashion...not always. Just read a post yesterday from someone whos DH was waiting in the excursions line (no one was at the counter yet) while she was a guest services taking care of something else and found out GS was booking the cabanas. Fortunately there were still some available for them.

Yes, Either place will book it for you. Of course they lead you to the excursion desk but GS will do it too.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #487
Disney1fan2002
Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to find like another Val fer sure! ;)
Please don't anyone report this thread, it has the potential to get real good
He just comes across as a pompous donkey

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

For those wo have booked the cabanas, what did you tip your service person? I just would like a general idea of what to budget in, if we manage to get one of these babies!!!

**now planning on getting to the port at 10am, so I can get onboard ASAP to snag one!!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #488
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
For those wo have booked the cabanas, what did you tip your service person? I just would like a general idea of what to budget in, if we manage to get one of these babies!!!

**now planning on getting to the port at 10am, so I can get onboard ASAP to snag one!!
This has not really been discussed because many who book the cabanas have concierge on the ship and include it in those tips...
However, we did not have concierge so tipped cash. We gave him $40. We weren't sure what we were supposed to give him so we decided on $10 per person. We didn't ask for a lot. We "summoned" him twice during the day. I don't think there has been a guideline set for this yet. Anyone else have anything?
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #489
suzadrew
Just happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
We are booked for Cabana #3 on the Jan 29 Magic cruise!!!
We have cabana #7 on the same cruise!
suzadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #490
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzadrew View Post

You should come join our meet group for that date ,there are a lot of Canadians going ...
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #491
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Yeah, as NAB said, you should join our meet page (you may have already, sorry if that is the case...they have been a little chatty the last few days ) We are really excited about the cabana and just hope the weather cooperates!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #492
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Well hello there.....what have you been up to the last five years? I have fond memories of the Nov '06 Double Dip and what a fun group we had on that cruise!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #493
zimaaaaah
Mouseketeer

After reading this thread I am seriously considering this, but we are only a family of 4. Does anyone know if you can share these or if there is a thread for people looking for others to share with?
Thanks!

zimaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #494
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimaaaaah View Post
After reading this thread I am seriously considering this, but we are only a family of 4. Does anyone know if you can share these or if there is a thread for people looking for others to share with?
Thanks!
Go to the 'meets' thread for your cruise and chat up your cruisemates. See if there's anyone you'd be interested sharing with (similar family/kids configuration). We have several pairs of adults who will be sharing in November.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #495
jamielynn
Enjoying Happily Ever After!!

This sounds great! We have 2 fair skinned, red head and 2 toddlers in our group - 4 adults/2 kiddos. My fear is since we are not in concierge level on the Fantasy MV that there will be nothing left for us to even TRY to book. Oh well... We can always Dream for the next cruise.

WDW DS 1st Trip to the World 7/10 WDW Marathon Weekend 1/09 WDW Inaugural Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/09 WDW Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 10/11 Tower of Terror 10 Miler 09/12
Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/12 DCL Wonder Wedding 2/29/08 Honeymoon 3/08
Too Many to count prior to 2008
jamielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: