Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #256
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Thank you!

About this golf cart transport...from reading this thread, you are driven to your Cabana from the ship and back to the ship from your Cabana? Are their specific set times or can you come and go as you please? From your quote above, it seems they will drive you other places through out the island... is that right?

The 3 second button, what else is it used for? Can you have food brought to the cabana from Cookies Too? What about other drinks and or snacks?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm considering booking a Cabana and I want to be clear on everything included... especially in terms of personal service. Thanks for humoring me.

You get off the boat and take the regular tram to Pelican Point. The registration booth is right there for the cabanas. You register and then a private golf cart comes to pick you up and take you to your cabana. Anytime you want anything or to go anywhere, you press the 3 second button and your wish is their command. It's like magic. We didn't make any special requests, but they came in about half way thru the day and replenished everything we used....i.e., towels, chilled washcloths and sunblock.

If you press the button for 3 seconds, they just show up. There are no set times. They will pamper you and try to accommodate your every request. I'm sure they would have brought us drinks if we had asked. I'm not sure if they would have driven us to Cookies Too or just brought us food from there. We were so close we all walked over after using the restrooms. They did tell us that they would drive us to and from shopping. So I'm assuming that you can ask to be driven anywhere and they will probably do so.

When it was time to leave, they will drive you back to Pelican Point and then you take the regular tram back to the ship.

It's like being in concierge onboard the ship. You have full concierge service while renting the cabanas. It is SO worthwhile.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #257
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyHitchhiker View Post
Wow, so if you rang concierge because your group was out of water and, say the alcoholic punch, your wonderful DCL concierge person would refill both for the cost of the cabana? We would be three adults and two children. This is looking better and better with snorkel, floaties, bike rental, etc, etc, etc, plus the beverages/snacks!

Thank you all very much for the info! We don't even have our next Castaway Cay cruise planned, but I know what *I* want to plan for. ;-)
Bikes and alcoholic punch? Hope I don't get arrested!

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #258
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

I have a party of 4 on the 3/6/10 sailing of the Dream. If any party of 1 or 2 out there would like to share a cabana (proportionately, of course), please let me know! I had no intentions of doing this, but it is seeming more and more appealing
Old 11-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #259
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnc19 View Post
I have a party of 4 on the 3/6/10 sailing of the Dream. If any party of 1 or 2 out there would like to share a cabana (proportionately, of course), please let me know! I had no intentions of doing this, but it is seeming more and more appealing
You should ask the people sailing with you on the 3/6/11 (I assume you meant 2011) thread. You'll get more takers. I'll do it again, but I'm not sailing on those dates.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #260
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

Good idea, EllaEnchanted! One more question. I spoke with my TA and she said to go to the Spa to book the cabanas once on board. Does anyone know whether this is possible immediately upon boarding, or if it opens at a certain time, like dining reservations. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #261
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

You get off the boat and take the regular tram to Pelican Point. The registration booth is right there for the cabanas. You register and then a private golf cart comes to pick you up and take you to your cabana. Anytime you want anything or to go anywhere, you press the 3 second button and your wish is their command. It's like magic. We didn't make any special requests, but they came in about half way thru the day and replenished everything we used....i.e., towels, chilled washcloths and sunblock.

If you press the button for 3 seconds, they just show up. There are no set times. They will pamper you and try to accommodate your every request. I'm sure they would have brought us drinks if we had asked. I'm not sure if they would have driven us to Cookies Too or just brought us food from there. We were so close we all walked over after using the restrooms. They did tell us that they would drive us to and from shopping. So I'm assuming that you can ask to be driven anywhere and they will probably do so.

When it was time to leave, they will drive you back to Pelican Point and then you take the regular tram back to the ship.

It's like being in concierge onboard the ship. You have full concierge service while renting the cabanas. It is SO worthwhile.
Thanks again! I sent an email to the Concierge team to find out if they have started booking these for Jan. sailings yet. I've convinced my DH to Gift me the Cabana rental for Christmas.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #262
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnc19 View Post
Good idea, EllaEnchanted! One more question. I spoke with my TA and she said to go to the Spa to book the cabanas once on board. Does anyone know whether this is possible immediately upon boarding, or if it opens at a certain time, like dining reservations. Thanks!
If you are concierge you can book in advance of boarding, if you are not concierge you can book as soon as you get onboard. You go to the shore excursion desk. If you're sharing a cabana make sure the proper party gets charged. For example, I reserved our cabana and my friends put money down on my account to cover their part of the expense. Then they charged my friend for the cabana. We had to back the expense off of her account and add it to mine. It was a simple mistake that they corrected, but just make sure you specify whose account should be charged. I automatically assumed that since I reserved it for all of us that I would be charged. That's not what happened.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #263
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Thanks again! I sent an email to the Concierge team to find out if they have started booking these for Jan. sailings yet. I've convinced my DH to Gift me the Cabana rental for Christmas.
If you are sailing concierge, you can book them in advance of boarding. You won't be sorry. It's the best gift you can receive!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 11-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #264
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

So glad I found this thread! Now I cannot wait to book a cabana...

princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #265
mouseears1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If you are sailing concierge, you can book them in advance of boarding. You won't be sorry. It's the best gift you can receive!!!
I totally agree I booked with Concierge before I left for our Oct. 23, 2010 cruise. We had already booked the Roy O Disney Suite and I thought long and hard about whether to book a $499.00 Cabana as well. EllaEnchanted is right in saying it is a decision you will not regret.

From the moment I inquired at the tram on Castaway Cay as to where the check in was for the Cabanas it was amazing. One, I didn't give my name to the gentleman I asked but he addressed me as "Mrs. Okuno right this way"... Ok, how did he know my name? A soon as we reached the adult beach, Val came up to me with a huge smile and said " Mrs. Okuno right this way, I have been expecting you" Val took care of my family and 2 guests like Kings and Queens. He drove us everywhere, Cookies, shopping etc. Val, who found out how much I liked fruit, drove back and made a second special fruit bowl with cut up Guava, mango's, strawberries etc for me to enjoy......And at the end of the day he drove us right to the check in point to get back on the ship. He took care of everything....It was a truly amazing time and I will do it again in a heartbeat.
mouseears1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #266
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Merry Christmas to me!! LOL The Concierge reserved our Cabana for us today for our Jan. Dream sailing. We will be in #3, from reading this thread it looks like we will be in a good location.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #267
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

Since I am not concierge, I will make sure to get to the port bright and early! I think this will GREATLY enhance my family's enjoyment of CC (especially since I am traveling with elderly parents and a 3 year old)!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #268
mdargen
Mouseketeer

Don't all the cabanas book up quite quickly? Is there even a chance of getting one if you aren't on the concierge level? If they are available can you book them when you get to port to check in?
mdargen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #269
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseears1 View Post
I totally agree I booked with Concierge before I left for our Oct. 23, 2010 cruise. We had already booked the Roy O Disney Suite and I thought long and hard about whether to book a $499.00 Cabana as well. EllaEnchanted is right in saying it is a decision you will not regret.

From the moment I inquired at the tram on Castaway Cay as to where the check in was for the Cabanas it was amazing. One, I didn't give my name to the gentleman I asked but he addressed me as "Mrs. Okuno right this way"... Ok, how did he know my name? A soon as we reached the adult beach, Val came up to me with a huge smile and said " Mrs. Okuno right this way, I have been expecting you" Val took care of my family and 2 guests like Kings and Queens. He drove us everywhere, Cookies, shopping etc. Val, who found out how much I liked fruit, drove back and made a second special fruit bowl with cut up Guava, mango's, strawberries etc for me to enjoy......And at the end of the day he drove us right to the check in point to get back on the ship. He took care of everything....It was a truly amazing time and I will do it again in a heartbeat.

I know exactly how you feel and totally agree that it is worth it.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 11-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #270
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Merry Christmas to me!! LOL The Concierge reserved our Cabana for us today for our Jan. Dream sailing. We will be in #3, from reading this thread it looks like we will be in a good location.
YES #3 is excellent. We were in #5 and we could walk to the restrooms and Cookies Too.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: