Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #2131
Poohbear 64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Has anyone tried to book the new larger cabana? I think it might be the new cabana 21 on the family beach? How much is it and how many people does it hold? Thanks!
I called DCL regarding Cabana 21 because it is an option for my August 2 sailing, but is labeled as CAB 21 SER. I was told it is at Serenity Bay, it doesn't list a price, says price is pending. I couldn't even reserve it, I was able to go through the steps, picked the adults but it wouldn't let me pick the kids in our group, then it wouldn't process the request. I gave up.

September 2013 Wonder Pacific Coast
April 1989 Big Red Boat
22 Cruises on "other" Cruise Lines
Poohbear 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #2132
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear 64 View Post
I called DCL regarding Cabana 21 because it is an option for my August 2 sailing, but is labeled as CAB 21 SER. I was told it is at Serenity Bay, it doesn't list a price, says price is pending. I couldn't even reserve it, I was able to go through the steps, picked the adults but it wouldn't let me pick the kids in our group, then it wouldn't process the request. I gave up.
If it is on Serenity Beach you would not be allowed to take kids there in any case--
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #2133
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear 64 View Post
I really hope that DCL are giving you the correct info
We booked CAB 21 SER a couple of days ago, thinking it was a Serenity Bay Cabana.
When reading another thread, people were saying that the cabanas are being re-numbered and number 21 will be the new double sized cabana on the family beach
I sent DCL an email to check the location of my booking but haven't heard back yet
It is odd that this particular cabana is named differently to the others and also odd that is says price is pending
It's still showing up in my confirmed daily activities so I am crossing my fingers that I have booked a Serenity Bay cabana
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #2134
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran

They could be looking up the old #21, which is Serenity Bay. Aren't they renumbering?

I called in months ago to book Cabana 21 on Serenity Bay, the old numbering system. Now it still shows one port adventure with the passenger name, but it doesn't say Cabana any more. I called DCL and they had the web people check and they say it is still there.

Perhaps they are in transition renumbering and moving.
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #2135
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I really hope that DCL are giving you the correct info
We booked CAB 21 SER a couple of days ago, thinking it was a Serenity Bay Cabana.
When reading another thread, people were saying that the cabanas are being re-numbered and number 21 will be the new double sized cabana on the family beach
I sent DCL an email to check the location of my booking but haven't heard back yet
It is odd that this particular cabana is named differently to the others and also odd that is says price is pending
It's still showing up in my confirmed daily activities so I am crossing my fingers that I have booked a Serenity Bay cabana
I think DCL IT has the wrong info online, and that the CM was just passing on what she sees on the computer. I think IT mislabeled that cabana with the "SER," instinctively identifying it with the current 21 on SB. There is nothing special about #21 on SB except that DCL holds it back to assign. It is no different and not worth any more than the other SB cabanas. The fact that CAB 21 SER says "Price to be determined" for various ages means most likely it is the NEW double sized one on the FB and the IT people made yet another mistake. Not being able to book under-18 is probably because they DID label it SER.

DCL makes its own confusion. Instead of renumbering, I think they should have made entirely new designations for those new cabanas.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 2/28/2015 DISNEY FANTASY (Tentative)
DCL #22: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #2136
Linda67

If CAB21 SER is one of the new ones, I wonder why non of the other new ones is showing?
Hopefully they will reply to my email soon and I will report back :-)
Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #2137
taswira

Quote:
If CAB21 SER is one of the new ones, I wonder why non of the other new ones is showing?
Hopefully they will reply to my email soon and I will report back :-)
Who knows? All I know is that #21 at SB is no different from the other SB cabanas and would not have special pricing, and that they would certainly not allow kids (for which they also have the "Price to be determined" column) in an adult beach cabana. This, plus that the new "double sized" cabana WILL warrant new (outrageous I'm sure) pricing.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #2138
taswira

Hopefully when they reply to you they will be VERY specific, and not just take a quick look online and answer "Yes, you have Serenity Bay Beach cabana #21," without first doing more research and being able to tell you WHY the "Price is to be determined!"
Old 07-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #2139
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Hopefully when they reply to you they will be VERY specific, and not just take a quick look online and answer "Yes, you have Serenity Bay Beach cabana #21," without first doing more research and being able to tell you WHY the "Price is to be determined!"
I hope so to!
That's why I emailed rather than called
Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #2140
taswira

Quote:
I hope so to!
That's why I emailed rather than called
So often they tend to answer with a "standard reply" whenever possible, which is why I hope they won't simply verify that you have #21 on what appears to be SB. If they can't answer why it shows "Price to be determined," you should keep digging for the reason.

Please post here as soon as you find out anything.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #2141
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Arrgggh, my brain hurts I tried skimming all 142 pages but am not clear on suggested cabana numbers and whether they are referring to FB or SB in some cases.

This will be our 10th Disney cruise and we have decided to treat ourselves to a cabana (if we can get one), but it has to be at SB as we cannot afford FB.

Soooo, what numbers does everyone suggest as the best location? I do not want to be too close to the action (Cookies or restrooms). Thanks much.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #2142
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68
Arrgggh, my brain hurts I tried skimming all 142 pages but am not clear on suggested cabana numbers and whether they are referring to FB or SB in some cases.

This will be our 10th Disney cruise and we have decided to treat ourselves to a cabana (if we can get one), but it has to be at SB as we cannot afford FB.

Soooo, what numbers does everyone suggest as the best location? I do not want to be too close to the action (Cookies or restrooms). Thanks much.
On SB, it doesn't make much of a difference. There are four and they're all relatively close to each other. And the cabana attendant will take you to the facilities in a golf cart.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #2143
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
So often they tend to answer with a "standard reply" whenever possible, which is why I hope they won't simply verify that you have #21 on what appears to be SB. If they can't answer why it shows "Price to be determined," you should keep digging for the reason. Please post here as soon as you find out anything.
Just realised that I never updated!
DCL emailed to say the my reservation for CAB21 SER was indeed cabana 21 on Serenity Bay :-)
I then emailed them again regarding the cost and they sent a long email quoting the price at $399 and detailed every thing that was included
It's just a regular cabana on SB that's often held back but DCL have begun releasing it for on-line booking now.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #2144
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
DCL emailed to say the my reservation for CAB21 SER was indeed cabana 21 on Serenity Bay :-)
I then emailed them again regarding the cost and they sent a long email quoting the price at $399 and detailed every thing that was included
It's just a regular cabana on SB that's often held back but DCL have begun releasing it for on-line booking now.
So it's currently cabana 21 - did they tell you what number it's going to be? (I'm guessing 25?)

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #2145
taswira

Quote:
Thanks. I booked Cabana #20 for my upcoming cruise, but while on the phone with DCL recently I asked what was going on with #21 because it was still listed, presumably available, but with the "price to be determined" and for ALL age categories. The CM checked it out, even with her manager, and no one could determine why it was still showing when apparently it was not able to be booked (at that time). So I figured maybe Concierge was still holding it back until after boarding, as they used to.

Yet you and others have managed to book it, so something strange is definitely going on. The CM I spoke with was passing on info about the situation to higher-ups and the web team to try to get things resolved. It should not be listed any differently than the other SB cabanas. I still think it's the future renumbering that's throwing a wrench in the (website) works.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: