Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #2056
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydee99 View Post
Hi everyone, we're booked on our first Disney cruise for this coming March. I'll be sailing with a baby and a toddler and would really like to rent a cabana. Of course since we are first time cruisers they were all sold out by the time I checked. Any tips to be able to still snag one? They say check everyday online but does anyone know what time they release the cancelled cabanas? I'd like to set my alarm to check at least twice a day until we sail. I just think with having two little kids it is a good idea to have a home base while at that beach.

Thank you for your help!
Basically it's ad hoc, there is no set time, someone cancels now it may be available now so keep checking

Last week before the cruise maybe good as you have to cancel before 72 hours and people may re think the cost then, up to them it's cost them nothing to hold one.

Note concierge have a wait list and will also be interested in cabanas that may cancel.

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #2057
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Also, check with guest services when you first board. It worked for us.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #2058
DISNEY FANTASY

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #2059
calimom951
Earning My Ears

I am new to Disney Cruising. Waiting for them to release the rest of 2015. We would love to get a Cabana. Is this something we need to book at the time we book our trip? Or is this something only for return guests?
calimom951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #2060
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimom951 View Post
I am new to Disney Cruising. Waiting for them to release the rest of 2015. We would love to get a Cabana. Is this something we need to book at the time we book our trip? Or is this something only for return guests?
You cannot book it when booking cruise, you select it at you booking window for shore trips these are based on how many cruises people have taken with DCL

So concierge cruisers and repeat cruisers get first licks and they can sell out quickly, as a new Disney cruiser you will book at 75 days pre cruise unless your concierge.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #2061
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cabanas are booked when your port excursion/online checkin window opens. For first time cruisers this is 75 days out from the cruise. Anyone can book cabanas, as long as there is availability.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #2062
calimom951
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
You cannot book it when booking cruise, you select it at you booking window for shore trips these are based on how many cruises people have taken with DCL

So concierge cruisers and repeat cruisers get first licks and they can sell out quickly, as a new Disney cruiser you will book at 75 days pre cruise unless your concierge.
So am I understanding you correctly? If I book upgrade to a concierge package when I book then can I have first booking for a cabana? Or are Concierge packages just for returning Disney Cruisers?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #2063
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Anyone an book a concierge suite.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #2064
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So am I understanding you correctly? If I book upgrade to a concierge package when I book then can I have first booking for a cabana? Or are Concierge packages just for returning Disney Cruisers?
If you pay the premium for a concierge room AND you are paid in full BEFORE 150 days prior to sailing, then yes, the shoreside concierge team will take your request for a cabana before they open up to Platinum cruisers at 120 days.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #2065
calimom951
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
If you pay the premium for a concierge room AND you are paid in full BEFORE 150 days prior to sailing, then yes, the shoreside concierge team will take your request for a cabana before they open up to Platinum cruisers at 120 days.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Thanks so much. I appreciate your answer. The words pay the premium are scary to me..LOL...So I am assuming this is WAY expensive. But I will inquire.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #2066
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks so much. I appreciate your answer. The words pay the premium are scary to me..LOL...So I am assuming this is WAY expensive. But I will inquire.
Yes, concierge is quite expensive and you can check your prices on the disney cruise line website. I've done both ways (non-concierge and concierge stateroom, cabana and no cabana) and honestly, for your first time on Castaway Cay, I would just say, save your money and enjoy the experience. You'll want to check everything out and likely spend less time in the cabana. You can get an idea after you spend a day there if you'd like to do it your next cruise. Read everything here and enjoy!
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #2067
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

This past cruise was our first time at CC and we got a cabana. We also did concierge. We'll never go without again. I didn't care about bicycling, waterslides, floats, snorkeling, parasailing, etc. I just wanted to relax and read my book in the shade with a light breeze blowing and no sand in my shoes.

Then again I didn't even go in to St. Thomas (BTDT and not all that interested) and I didn't stay on the rock in Sint Maarten for very long either. I preferred spending time on the boat.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:22 AM   #2068
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Cabanas are booked when your port excursion/online checkin window opens. For first time cruisers this is 75 days out from the cruise. Anyone can book cabanas, as long as there is availability.
You realize that this does not apply to concierge even if they are first time cruisers. If they are paid in full, a first time concierge cruiser can book a cabana before they open up to platinum cruisers. My sister's Boss did it. He had three concierge cabins/suites on the Fantasy the week of Christmas. He had never cruised DCL and probably won't again. He was able to get 2 cabanas...one on family beach and one on Serenity Bay. Concierge gets priority over all others as long as they are PIF.
Edited to add...actually concierge including first timers, can book ANYTHING once they are PIF.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 AM   #2069
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
You realize that this does not apply to concierge even if they are first time cruisers. If they are paid in full, a first time concierge cruiser can book a cabana before they open up to platinum cruisers. My sister's Boss did it. He had three concierge cabins/suites on the Fantasy the week of Christmas. He had never cruised DCL and probably won't again. He was able to get 2 cabanas...one on family beach and one on Serenity Bay. Concierge gets priority over all others as long as they are PIF.
Edited to add...actually concierge including first timers, can book ANYTHING once they are PIF.
PrincessShmoo answered the original question before the OP mentiined that they were 'thinking' about upgrading to concierge ;-)

Trust me PrincessShmoo would realise all of what you just pointed out!!
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #2070
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter

PrincessShmoo answered the original question before the OP mentiined that they were 'thinking' about upgrading to concierge ;-)

Trust me PrincessShmoo would realise all of what you just pointed out!!
But someone else reading the thread who was a first time concierge cruiser might not know this based on the way her answer was worded. Her wording makes it appear that ALL First time cruisers book at the 75 day window and that simply isn't the case if someone has booked concierge. Another reader on this thread may have booked or be considering booking concierge and should be aware of the booking differences.
I did not know it was against the rules to clarify information so that ALL readers were getting accurate info. And I thought Everyone was allowed to answer questions posted.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: