Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #1756
doodledaisy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBPrincessMoM

Go for the highest number you can. The ones past 12 are very secluded without anyone swimming in front of them.
We just returned from the August 24 Dream and we had cabana #17 it is the last cabana on the family beach and it was so nice there was only a little noise from the cabana next door. So glad we were able to get a cabana much more relaxing than the first day at castaway among the hustle and bustle of the public beach. The only bad thing there is not a swimming area right in front of the cabana you have to walk down to the swimming area which was not a big deal but it would have been nice to watch the kids swim from the cabana.
doodledaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #1757
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledaisy View Post
We just returned from the August 24 Dream and we had cabana #17 it is the last cabana on the family beach and it was so nice there was only a little noise from the cabana next door. So glad we were able to get a cabana much more relaxing than the first day at castaway among the hustle and bustle of the public beach. The only bad thing there is not a swimming area right in front of the cabana you have to walk down to the swimming area which was not a big deal but it would have been nice to watch the kids swim from the cabana.
We have 17 booked in 4 wks time, I was worried it was far away but I think I'm happy now it's a quieter area.
Do you get the Sun ok at this cabana. I'm hoping to lay on the Hammock all day.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1758
hayesfamof4
Mouseketeer

I can't ever seem to get one!!
BlaH!
*Disney Dream-3 nights-May 19, 2011
hayesfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #1759
bahacca
Mouseketeer

This will be our first DIsney cruise, so am I to understand that people will have several weeks to book cabanas before i'll even have a crack at it? What are the odds I'll be able to get one. We are sailing April 4, 2013.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1760
WinstonC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca
This will be our first DIsney cruise, so am I to understand that people will have several weeks to book cabanas before i'll even have a crack at it? What are the odds I'll be able to get one. We are sailing April 4, 2013.
Concierge guests and Castaway Club members get to book up to 120 days in advance. First time cruisers who aren't staying Concierge can book 75 days ahead. So yes, it's likely that they'll all be booked, especially given the time of year that you're cruising. However, DCL holds back a few cabanas for onboard booking (assuming they're not being used for a wedding or other special event), so you might have a chance at one of those. Also, cancellations do occur, so you might be able to snag one before or even during the cruise.

If you really have your heart set on a cabana, I'd recommend booking a Concierge stateroom and then being online at midnight of the 120-day mark to make sure you snag one.
WinstonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1761
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonC View Post
Concierge guests and Castaway Club members get to book up to 120 days in advance. First time cruisers who aren't staying Concierge can book 75 days ahead. So yes, it's likely that they'll all be booked, especially given the time of year that you're cruising. However, DCL holds back a few cabanas for onboard booking (assuming they're not being used for a wedding or other special event), so you might have a chance at one of those. Also, cancellations do occur, so you might be able to snag one before or even during the cruise.

If you really have your heart set on a cabana, I'd recommend booking a Concierge stateroom and then being online at midnight of the 120-day mark to make sure you snag one.
Thanks so much, WInston. My MIL booked our rooms already, so no concierge. She did book through RCI-would that make any difference? Like could she call RCI and make a note that she wants to book a cabana? If not, I guess I'll just spend the money elsewhere
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #1762
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
Thanks so much, WInston. My MIL booked our rooms already, so no concierge. She did book through RCI-would that make any difference? Like could she call RCI and make a note that she wants to book a cabana? If not, I guess I'll just spend the money elsewhere
You can do your own bookings directly on DCL's website. I wouldn't want an agent do to my on board bookings for me.
Just keep checking since cabanas do open up for many sailings as people change their minds and such.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #1763
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Kendra, I sooo wish I could talk my family into a Cabana. ENjoy it! I can't wait to see your pictures!
your wedding pictures are AMAZING!

We want to talk our family into not getting one NEXT to us! Just kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBPrincessMoM View Post
Go for the highest number you can. The ones past 12 are very secluded without anyone swimming in front of them.
Is there a map I can view to decide? Any variations in price? Sorry if it's in this thread and I missed it!

Last edited by chateau; 09-05-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add more
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #1764
mikeymouse1223
Earning My Ears

Quote:

WinstonC is right! I hit my 120 day activity reservation window last night at midnight (we're sailing concierge - but its' our first cruise). I couldn't believe how fast the cabanas disappeared. Within 10 minutes, there were only 8 left on the family beach, and 1 left on Serenity Bay. As of 9:30am this morning, there were only 2 left on the family beach, and that's it - less than 12 hours after the reservation window opened up! We're not doing a cabana this time, but I was interested to see how fast they would go. It looks like you pretty much need to be Platinum, Concierge, or just plain lucky! Good luck!
mikeymouse1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #1765
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymouse1223 View Post
WinstonC is right! I hit my 120 day activity reservation window last night at midnight (we're sailing concierge - but its' our first cruise). I couldn't believe how fast the cabanas disappeared. Within 10 minutes, there were only 8 left on the family beach, and 1 left on Serenity Bay. As of 9:30am this morning, there were only 2 left on the family beach, and that's it - less than 12 hours after the reservation window opened up! We're not doing a cabana this time, but I was interested to see how fast they would go. It looks like you pretty much need to be Platinum, Concierge, or just plain lucky! Good luck!
I'm only Silver and must be lucky, as we have been able to get a cabana every time we wanted one (3 cruises so far)!!

Of course, I refused to take no for an answer and kept checking until one opened up a few days before our last cruise (the other two I was able to book when our window opened up)!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997

Last edited by Wendy&Grumpy; 09-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #1766
mhconley
Califloridian

Quote:

Are cabanas really worth $1,500.00? That's what concierge plus the cabana itself would cost me.

I think I'll take my chances there will be one left at the 75 day mark. If not it was not meant to be....

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Summer 1972
Polynesian: Summer 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy: October 12-19, 2013
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #1767
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Are cabanas really worth $1,500.00? That's what concierge plus the cabana itself would cost me.

I think I'll take my chances there will be one left at the 75 day mark. If not it was not meant to be....

Martin
No.

I'm with you, take your chances and if not, it's not meant to be!

So far we've been able to get a cabana 3 out of 3 times we wanted one... and we're not even gold yet!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #1768
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymouse1223 View Post
On my last cruise, the online booking for cabanas was not yet open, so I had to book through shoreside concierge. Now that the bookings are online, where do you find them on the site? Are they listed under excursions or somewhere else? My booking window is coming up and the cabana is priority #1 for booking.

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #1769
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
On my last cruise, the online booking for cabanas was not yet open, so I had to book through shoreside concierge. Now that the bookings are online, where do you find them on the site? Are they listed under excursions or somewhere else? My booking window is coming up and the cabana is priority #1 for booking.
Ditto on this question. It's our first DCL cruise but we are in a concierge cabin so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get one, but need to know exactly where on the website to go at midnight. Thanks!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #1770
mikeymouse1223
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
You log into your reservation, click on "cruise activities", then "+ add an activity". You will find it under "port adventures". You can choose whichever cabana number you would like, as long as it is still available! Remember to confirm it right after you add it to your cart.
mikeymouse1223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: