Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #1681
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba Jookiba View Post
I heard that you get your snorkel equipment free when you have the cabana? is that true ??
Yes Snorkel equip is free and floats,rings,bikes and sand toys, suncream also.

Last edited by Callymum; 08-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #1682
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
So what cabana # is considered the best? It sure looks like #7 has a great view and that #8 may have a tree in the way. I've seen #9 pics and it looks good. Which ones have the volleyball court in front of them? We plan to book one but I want to have an idea ahead of time of what number to choose (should I get so lucky as to have a choice!). I do understand that #1 is first and the 15-17 are more secluded. We have 3 little kids who will want to swim, eat, use the restroom, pelican plunge, etc. so I think being closer to the beginning numbers would be best, but also want a nice view.
everyone thinks a different number is best, so basically i would say anything you're able to book will be good...
if it were me and i had a choice of all the cabanas at the family beach, i would go for #6.....
but i would be happy with any of them....
but if i had my choice, i would go for #6....
and if #6 wasn't available, i'd go for #7....
and then i don't know..
but again, i would be happy with ANY of the cabanas on both beaches..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
We have 17 Booked for our October Cruise on the Fantasy. If you have any photos please post as I keep hearing the end ones are not as good.

Thank you for any information on 17.
where did you hear that the ones at the end aren't as good?
it all depends what you prefer..
#17 is fantastic in terms of seclusion....
and in fact, when i was booking (at 120 days) the very first family cabana to book was 17, then 15, then 14, then 12, then 11......
the lower numbers, except for #6, were all still available at 105 days...
so that gives you an idea that at least on the cruise i'm on, the high numbers were considered much more desirable than the lower ones....

there are pictures of the view from #17 within this thread somewhere..

Last edited by disneyholic family; 08-19-2012 at 08:43 AM.
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #1683
iheartcruising
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba Jookiba
I heard that you get your snorkel equipment free when you have the cabana? is that true ??
It is! Just pick it up when you get off the tram before they take you in the golf cart to your cabana. Enjoy!
iheartcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #1684
Callymum
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE= Originally Posted by Callymum
We have 17 Booked for our October Cruise on the Fantasy. If you have any photos please post as I keep hearing the end ones are not as good.

.[/QUOTE] where did you hear that the ones at the end aren't as good?
it all depends what you prefer..
#17 is fantastic in terms of seclusion....
and in fact, when i was booking (at 120 days) the very first family cabana to book was 17, then 15, then 14, then 12, then 11......
the lower numbers, except for #6, were all still available at 105 days...
so that gives you an idea that at least on the cruise i'm on, the high numbers were considered much more desirable than the lower ones....

there are pictures of the view from #17 within this thread somewhere.

Reply to Above. - All the threads I read are saying the Beach area is unusable and Rocky and there is hardly any water or Beach in front of 17 Cabana and it's a good bit away from usable Beach and the toilets etc.

All the Cabanas were booked when booking opened for Silver on family Beach. I kept looking and number 17 popped up (obviously cancelled), so I booked it ASAP.

I have been doubting keeping it because of reviews, I will have a look in this thread for pictures of 17 and the Beach area. thank you for easing my worry a little.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #1685
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Reply to Above. - All the threads I read are saying the Beach area is unusable and Rocky and there is hardly any water or Beach in front of 17 Cabana and it's a good bit away from usable Beach and the toilets etc.

All the Cabanas were booked when booking opened for Silver on family Beach. I kept looking and number 17 popped up (obviously cancelled), so I booked it ASAP.

I have been doubting keeping it because of reviews, I will have a look in this thread for pictures of 17 and the Beach area. thank you for easing my worry a little.
as i said, my personal preference is for the lower numbers, but if 17 was all there was, i'd be happy with that..

you can do two things - keep looking to see if any other cabanas cancel and then switch (book the open one before you cancel the one you have - to make sure you don't lose the one you have)
and when you get on the ship, put in a request for a lower number....

but everyone i know who has had #17 has loved it..
they said it's not that far from the bathrooms and cookies because the path is curved in such a way that it's not far at all..
and in any case, you can push the call button for them to come pick you up...

i haven't found the pictures, but i know i've seen pictures...i'll keep looking...
Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #1686
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:

here's a small thread just on cabana 17

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post43918815
Old 08-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1687
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

When you reserve one, do you pay at the time you reserve or when you are on the ship?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #1688
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
here's a small thread just on cabana 17

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post43918815
Thank you again for easing my worry on this Cabana, I've just searched and found good photos on the Thread just as you said. The cabana looks great and very private so I'm not worried.
I will keep looking incase another lower number comes up but at least I have one.

Photo thread on Cabana 17- http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=619.jpg
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #1689
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Thank you again for easing my worry on this Cabana, I've just searched and found good photos on the Thread just as you said. The cabana looks great and very private so I'm not worried.
I will keep looking incase another lower number comes up but at least I have one.
here's a trip report where they had cabana 17 and the reviewer says it was a fantastic cabana
click on the link below, then scroll down to post #25
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...=cabana&page=2
Old 08-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #1690
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
When you reserve one, do you pay at the time you reserve or when you are on the ship?
I believe it is when you are on the ship. I just reserved one yesterday for the 8/29 Dream sailing and they didn't ask for money. This is my first cruise though and I'm sure others can offer more concrete info.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #1691
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum

We had 17 July 2011 and loved it! It was a bit more private which we loved but could walk to the water to swim, bathrooms, etc. It is so pretty - you will love it!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #1692
dylan'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes Snorkel equip is free and floats,rings,bikes and sand toys, suncream also.
Just to clarify, if you rent a cabana but it's on Serenity Bay, are there any rental items included? I figure the sand toys are out but was wondering about floaties or snorkel gear?

TIA

19 on DCL, so far: MAGICal voyages: Jun'01(7), Oct'01(7), Jun'03(7), Nov'04(7), Jun'06(7), Jun'07(11), Jun'09(7), Apr'10(14), Jun'10(12), May'11 B2B(25), Sep'11(14); WONDERful cruises: Oct'10(3), Dec'11(7), Apr'12(15 Hawaii); 1 DREAMy cruise Mar'11; +1 FANTAStical voyage Jul'12(7)..& back to the MAGIC Sept 22th Galveston inaugural +B2B Sept. 29th, next year DS's Graduation Cruise- either the Greece Med or EBTA...tbd
dylan'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #1693
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It will be on the ship as part of your final bill.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #1694
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan'smom View Post
Just to clarify, if you rent a cabana but it's on Serenity Bay, are there any rental items included? I figure the sand toys are out but was wondering about floaties or snorkel gear?

TIA

I have #19 on SB booked next month. DCL's website says floats are included. There's no mention of snorkel equipment but another poster (may have been another thread) stated that it is, you just have to go get it. I'd like to get more firm confirmation on the snorkel gear as well. Hubby & I were considering going to a local dive shop here at home & purchasing our own to bring.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #1695
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It will be on the ship as part of your final bill.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: