Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1651
diane648
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernmickey View Post
We sail on Oct 21 and will be at Castaway Cay on Oct 23.
We're on the same cruise & are booked in Cabana #4. Only 74 days to go!!!
diane648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1652
Southernmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane648

We're on the same cruise & are booked in Cabana #4. Only 74 days to go!!!
Great! I'll look forward to seeing you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #1653
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

Curious if any adults only booked a cabana on the Family Beach?

Concierge last cruise told us that if we ever booked one, go for one on the Family Beach because of the private beach area. Said the cabanas on Serenity Bay are back a bit and the private beach on the Family Beach would be better. I asked "even without kids?" Concierge replied yes.

So have other adults done this?
Subi WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #1654
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi WRX

Concierge last cruise told us that if we ever booked one, go for one on the Family Beach because of the private beach area. Said the cabanas on Serenity Bay are back a bit and the private beach on the Family Beach would be better. I asked "even without kids?" Concierge replied yes.

Yes. The beach, the view and the proximity are great.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #1655
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi WRX View Post

Personally, I would only book a cabana on the family beach for a family cruise, when the kids are with us.

Serenity Bay is so quiet and serene anyhow, if the cabanas there were sold out, we'd just find a spot on the beach to camp out for the day.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #1656
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I have a question, if you can't get a cabana and you have children (i.e. no adult beach), is there anywhere you can go and get away from the crowds?
The ship?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #1657
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
The ship?
No, on the family beach
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #1658
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
No, on the family beach
Sorry, actually I was offering the ship as a place you get away from the crowds. Should've added a smilie, perphaps.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #1659
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

We loved our cabana on SB. It was only a few steps from the beach and the beach never felt crowded at all.

I can't even begin to explain how quiet and peaceful it was. Loved every second and was totally bummed when our time there was over.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #1660
jdemwe
Earning My Ears

I have read through several pages of this thread, but forgive me if my question is completely obvious or if it has already been answered, I do not have time to read through them all…

When you book the cabanas online do you select the specific cabana number you want? Or do you just reserve one and they are randomly assigned the specific number the day of?
jdemwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #1661
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemwe View Post
I have read through several pages of this thread, but forgive me if my question is completely obvious or if it has already been answered, I do not have time to read through them all…

When you book the cabanas online do you select the specific cabana number you want? Or do you just reserve one and they are randomly assigned the specific number the day of?
They list each cabana separably by number and you choose the one you want.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #1662
jdemwe
Earning My Ears

Awesome. Thank you for the answer.
jdemwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #1663
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Another question for the cabana gurus: ((next month will be our first time w/one))

The husband wants to run the CC5k. Okay. So we're running. We have SB #19 booked. I was thinking we'd just bring a bag with our swimsuits, etc. in it so we don't have to go aaaaall the way back to the ship then aaaall the way back to SB. I'd like to jump ship as soon as they open the gangways & get checked-in before the run (since I'm thinking check-in isn't far from the start/end). Do any of you know if they will hold our bag at the check-in spot for us or maybe run it or us with it to the cabana and back real quick-like? Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna time all this. TIA!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #1664
kathi
DIS Veteran

I believe the 5K starts near where you check in for the cabanas. I'm not sure if they would hold your stuff at the desk or let you put it in your cabana, but it's definitely worth asking.
kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #1665
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I wanted to add this little tidbit in! My DH and I are cruising on the 19th of August on the Dream, a CC Double Dip, Today is the LAST day to book excursions, etc. before we get on the cruise Sunday. I have been checking everyday online about the cabanas to see if any opened up. (We booked 57 Days Out So All were taken when I did online check-in right after we booked) Lo and Behold, Cabana #2 was available this morning, on CC Day 2, when I got up, so I scooped it up right away! So there is hope if you couldn't get one, we leave tomorrow morning for WDW, so I was ecstatic when I was able to book that Cabana today, the day before we leave for our trip! Good luck on Cabana bookings everyone!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: