Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Can I bring a box as part of my luggage?

This may sound crazy, but I am doing a Vow Renewal on the Wonder and I have a lot of fragile items that I am worried about packing in my suitcase. It would be easier and safer to bubble wrap them and put them all into one big cardboard box.

Would they let me do this?

What are the luggage restrictions?

Thanks!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
This may sound crazy, but I am doing a Vow Renewal on the Wonder and I have a lot of fragile items that I am worried about packing in my suitcase. It would be easier and safer to bubble wrap them and put them all into one big cardboard box.

Would they let me do this?

What are the luggage restrictions?

Thanks!
Yes you can but if there is fragile stuff in it I would not leave it with the porters. I would hand carry it on to make sure it does not get tossed around. It should also fit through a typical airport x-ray scanner. You can find dimensions at the TSA site.

FYI you won't be able to leave it in your stateroom until about 1:30 pm. If you get to the port early you will have to carry it around with you until then. If you choose to board early than I would suggest having lunch in Parrot Cay where you can place your carryons near the entrance while you eat. If you board closer to 1:30 you will be able to bring it right to your cabin.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!

Wow, I saw this thread and I'm glad I did! I have some FE stuff and a few other assorted items that won't fit in my suitcase. If I pack a relatively small box and put a luggage tag on it, is that ok? I won't have any breakables so I'm not worried about that...
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by itutorfortravel View Post
Wow, I saw this thread and I'm glad I did! I have some FE stuff and a few other assorted items that won't fit in my suitcase. If I pack a relatively small box and put a luggage tag on it, is that ok? I won't have any breakables so I'm not worried about that...
Yes, the porters will take a box. If there is nothing fragile in it than it should be fine.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
itutorfortravel

Yeah! Great, thanks for letting me know
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
stlkeeler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itutorfortravel View Post
Do you know that you can also mail a smallish box to port? There are directions under the alphabetical FAQ sticky at the top of the page under "B" for Boxes sent to port or something like that. It might be cheaper than paying for an extra piece of "luggage" at the airport. And you won't have to worry about carrying it around.
2000-June HAL Rotterdam 12 day Baltic+London & Paris 2008-June DCL 4 day Bahama Double Dip 2009-May DCL 7 day Western 2010-April DCL 14 day EBTA 2011-June DCL 5 day Bahama Double Dip 2012-May Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern+2 days WDW Pop Century
stlkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
itutorfortravel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlkeeler View Post
Do you know that you can also mail a smallish box to port? There are directions under the alphabetical FAQ sticky at the top of the page under "B" for Boxes sent to port or something like that. It might be cheaper than paying for an extra piece of "luggage" at the airport. And you won't have to worry about carrying it around.
Thank you for that info...yes, I did know about being able to ship stuff, and I had thought about that but was a little chicken about something getting lost...if we were flying I'd do it in a sec, tho. But since we are driving I think we'll be fine to just check it at the port. I'm just thrilled this is an option!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I put a 'bankers box' size box through as luggage on my recent b2b. Being gone two weeks we had 4 BIG suitcases and the box. And that's what we brought off too. funny. I thought I'd given away so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: