Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #121
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit behind already but from the first update, I'm so glad you got the ME bus you wanted!

Never have seen decorations in the windows from dissers so I'll have to keep an eye out next time, that was cool!

And, all the pics are great so don't worry! I'm glad you are adding so many, they really help us see your trip!

Awesome that Bill sent you those beautiful flowers, what a sweet man!

wow, you guys must have been wiped out after that long first day, but we would have done it too, gotta go do when you get there!

sorry about the fighting stuff, I know that's disappointing, especially when you are so excited and just trying to get started on your dream trip. You gotta do what you gotta do and you had to put your foot down like that the first time it came up, so you did good! And, yeah, after you two put out so much for that trip, don't be starting the first day with the arguing! He needed that 'whoop upside the head' so to speak, lol!

The kids are so cute and seem to be having a great time! It's nice that Josh is so helpful with Bill and getting him on the rides. Gotta start Epcot with SSE, I mean it's so cool and right there when you walk in so first ride!

You probably didn't get to MK until the time we usually get there, lol! We are late to bed, and to rise and to get to the parks, we just always stay late!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #122
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow what a busy day, I've never seen Turtle Talk that empty

Sorry about the arguement but at least you cleared the air at the start of your trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #123
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Josh sounds like my brother! I'm glad your "discussion" got him back in line and you guys enjoyed a fun evening.

I hope you didn't make it to MK too early - sounds like you all need some sleep after the early morning/late night combo.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #124
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] It seems Christian was “acting up” on the bus and Josh was in a foul mood by the time we made it to the West Side drop off.
Uh oh!

Quote:
Everyone get over here NOW” I stated very loudly right outside Planet Hollywood on the sidewalk. “Bill and I didn’t spend thousands of dollars to have a great family vacation for people to start threatening to leave, we are all going to go into the restaurant TOGETHER, eat and have a great time. I will not tolerate people acting like a two year old.” Josh said he didn’t appreciate me talking to him like that and I told him to "shut up, grow up and start walking toward the restaurant". Not the mother of the year moment, I know. If a look could kill I would have been dead on the sidewalk, but we all marched in silence to the elevator. They sent us upstairs and we were seated.
Good for you!

Quote:
Josh and Abbey stopped to smoke and Christian and Hannah ran around a little bit, we started to go towards the bus stop and Hannah yelled “wait” she hopped in the stroller and said “ok we can go now, I'm in my wheelchair”
Well, she is right...it's a chair and it has wheels

Quote:
There were a lot of ooohhhs and ahhhhhs when they saw this:

Quote:
Please, son seriously, she has two children, I think she knows how the heck to push a stroller.
Is there a wrong way to push a stroller

[
Quote:
She kept telling me that night she couldn’t believe how beautiful everything was, she was in awe.
This is why I like to go (once in a while) whit people who have never been before

Quote:
Next installment… we didn’t make it to Magic Kingdom until when?????

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 12-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #125
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Those portion sizes at Planet Hollywood are huge! I can't believe you all had the energy to stay at Epcot until midnight on travel day!

Quote:
She kept telling me that night she couldn’t believe how beautiful everything was, she was in awe.
Another Disney lover in the works? Looking forward to the next chapter!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #126
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Love that you did Spaceship Earth first thing. I like to do SSE first thing when I go to Epcot. It's a great first ride. It's great that having Josh help get Bill on the ride. I hope he was that helpful throughout. Can't wait to read more.
Josh really likes being helpful with Bill, he is very protective of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvDiz View Post
WOW!! What a fun filled trip so far, except the little argument but thats bound to happen. You sound like me about spending all that money for vacation just to argue, you can do that at home NOT at Disney. Can't wait to read more.
That was my thought, we can argue all we want at home, just NO arguments here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Almost 50 and I still play the spoiled youngest child part. My parents often put me in my place as well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post
I'm a bit behind already but from the first update, I'm so glad you got the ME bus you wanted!

Thanks!

Never have seen decorations in the windows from dissers so I'll have to keep an eye out next time, that was cool!

A lot of DISers decorate.

And, all the pics are great so don't worry! I'm glad you are adding so many, they really help us see your trip!

Awesome that Bill sent you those beautiful flowers, what a sweet man!

He is a wonderful man .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Wow what a busy day, I've never seen Turtle Talk that empty

Sorry about the arguement but at least you cleared the air at the start of your trip
I haven't seen Turtle Talk that empty either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Josh sounds like my brother! I'm glad your "discussion" got him back in line and you guys enjoyed a fun evening.

I hope you didn't make it to MK too early - sounds like you all need some sleep after the early morning/late night combo.
Oh don't worry we didn't make it to MK too early .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Good for you!

Thanks!

Well, she is right...it's a chair and it has wheels

Very true!!

Is there a wrong way to push a stroller

He was just being a butt.

This is why I like to go (once in a while) whit people who have never been before

I loved seeing Disney through their eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Those portion sizes at Planet Hollywood are huge! I can't believe you all had the energy to stay at Epcot until midnight on travel day!

Another Disney lover in the works? Looking forward to the next chapter!
I thought the portions were huge too. I think all of them are hooked on Disney now.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #127
mrsksomeday

On the way to Epcot that night I sat with Christian and Hannah. Christian thanked me again for bringing them to Disneyland, he had been saying land instead of world and I had been correcting him. Hannah turned to him her letting hands going and said "Christian it's Disney World not DisneySTAND". That completely cracked me up, she was so serious.

I got our Photopass CD yesterday so I thought I would add the first picture we had taken:

It wouldn't be the first Disney picture if Bill's eyes weren't closed .
Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #129
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Ohana means family!

Great pic even with Bill's closed eyes.
Hannah knows all about what Ohana means .
Old 12-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #130
mrsksomeday

Sleeping in, then Magic Kingdom

Our lazy butts slept until 10:30am then we were slow to get around. Hannah was dressed in her Minnie outfit today and she also got to keep my Minnie ears, Christian was wearing the Pirates t-shirt I bought him:

I made the decision to just go ahead and have us eat lunch at Pop so we wouldn’t be burning park time eating. I didn’t really get upset about us not getting to the park before 1pm because we were spending another full day then a MVMCP night at Magic Kingdom. All of us enjoyed the Pop food court then went to the bus stop.

I took this picture:

I love the look on Abbey’s face. I can see where her kids get their great looks.

Abbey took this one:

We finally made it (pics courtesy of Josh):

I asked for a photopass picture, but that was a very bad idea, the sun was in all of our eyes:

Christian and Hannahss expressions were so funny.

We made our way onto Main Street USA and I got a picture of Hannah’s face when she saw the castle for the first time:

She put her hands to her cheeks and said “it’s beautiful, so beautiful”. I almost started crying. We turned to go in front of the Crystal Palace. The castle show was going on so we stopped for a minute.

(from Josh)

I had to get a picture of Hannah watching it:

We went to Adventureland and I caught sight of Lilo and Stitch. I remembered that Hannah said she wanted to meet Lilo, so I steered us to that area. As soon as we were at the front of the line they had to “take a break”. No problem until Hannah asked me where they were going, I told her they needed to get a drink, she said “wouldn’t they have to take their helmets off to do that?” As I was saying “what helmets, they don’t have helmets.” Abbey had heard Hannah and her head whipped around to Christian and said “what did you say to her?”. Christian swore he didn’t say a word to her and Hannah seemed to believe what I had said to her. Thank goodness about that time they came back out, here is what happened:

Then Bill got a picture:

On our way to Pirates of the Caribbean Josh took these:

We all went on Pirates and everyone loved it but Hannah, she didn’t like the darkness and hadn’t liked the Pirates movie when she had seen some of it so when it came time for the Jungle Cruise, I took one for the team and sat out with her. No way were we going to have her go on that with the snakes, she would not have been happy at all. She did this instead:

She played with the wheel while they were riding, it didn’t bother her one bit that they had went on the ride without her. After they came back we stopped at Aloha Isle for sodas before heading out to the monorail, we had dinner plans with KathyRN and family at ‘Ohana.

While Christian and I were in line, Bill and Hannah were playing:

She was telling him to move his chair closer to the stroller then he would bump it then she would tell him to back away, they did this several times during the trip and every time he would bump the stroller she would just giggle like crazy. Bill loved this because the kids really involved him in everything, they included him, and it really made my heart swell. I told them we were going to the Polynesian Resort to have dinner at ‘Ohana. Hannah piped up and said “Ohana means family. Family means no one is left behind”. I said you are very right!! Then we headed for the monorail.

Next installment… how did the meet with KathyRN and family go?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #131
starrzone
Quirky with snack cakes

What a sweet family you have (I know, I know...every family has its moments )! Those kids are just precious, and it was so nice of Bill to "sacrifice" the anniversary trip for the family one. Can't wait to read more

Come check out my blog: http://starrzone.wordpress.com

Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #132
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrzone View Post
What a sweet family you have (I know, I know...every family has its moments )! Those kids are just precious, and it was so nice of Bill to "sacrifice" the anniversary trip for the family one. Can't wait to read more
Thank you so much for joining us.

You are absolutely right about the kids being precious, Bill and I really miss them. I don't think Abbey would let us keep them though . It was wonderful of Bill to want to do that, he is my Prince Charming .
Old 12-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #133
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Okay....

Everything Pop has surprisingly good food.

1pm! Man was I off. I like your attitude Easy peasy.

The combination of your pix and Josh's pics give us all a sense of what the day was like through different eyes. For you it's about family, about these kids who are in your life, about making them happy. For Josh, it's experiencing the detailing of the park. He's loving it and you can tell in his pix.

The whole Hannah story about Ohana....so nice...made me mist up a bit!

I can tell Abbey, Josh and the kids love Bill. Like you said, it makes the heart swell.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #134
Belle_373
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She was telling him to move his chair closer to the stroller then he would bump it then she would tell him to back away, they did this several times during the trip and every time he would bump the stroller she would just giggle like crazy. Bill loved this because the kids really involved him in everything, they included him, and it really made my heart swell. I told them we were going to the Polynesian Resort to have dinner at ‘Ohana. Hannah piped up and said “Ohana means family. Family means no one is left behind”. I said you are very right!! Then we headed for the monorail.
Thank you so much for sharing this story. It gave me goose bumps and had me tearing up.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #135
WeLuvDiz
Mouseketeer

I love the expression on Hannah's face when she saw the Castle, priceless. Isn't that what we as parents live for, seeing the World through their eyes, although I myself would have tears so I wouldn't be able to see their reaction anywayBTW: you have a beautiful family

94' All SS
95' All SM
96' All SS
98' off site
2000' POFQ
2001' POFQ
2002' POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: