Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #151
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful to start to the trip and I love how laid back you are w/ getting to the parks...Hannah looks so sweet in her Minnie dress

That sounds so wonderful how sweet the kids are and just every little thing is so special to them and I love how it sounds like they are having a blast being there w/ you and Bill!

love the taking their helmets off thing...

Can't wait for more!

Scrappie J~
Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #152
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Sounds like a wonderful to start to the trip and I love how laid back you are w/ getting to the parks...Hannah looks so sweet in her Minnie dress

That sounds so wonderful how sweet the kids are and just every little thing is so special to them and I love how it sounds like they are having a blast being there w/ you and Bill!

love the taking their helmets off thing...

Can't wait for more!

Scrappie J~
I really did take everyones advice from my PTR to heart. With 5 different personalities we needed to just go with the flow. The kids really did have fun.

When Hannah said that about the helmuts I was stunned, but she let it go and had a great time with the characters.

Thanks for reading.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #153
mrsksomeday

Kathy snuck up on me!

It was rather warm that day, the reason I had for ushering all of us to the monorail at that point was to make it to the Poly and go into the restroom to freshen up. TMI – As a big girl in hot Florida I tend to sweat a bit, I wanted to wash my face. We walked up the big incline and they ushered us to where Bill would need to be. We weren’t there for 2 minutes when something caught my eye. It was KATHY heading straight for us. I was hugged and she kissed my sweaty cheek before I knew it. OMG the horror , I was so embarrassed. She went straight for Bill and hugged and kissed him too. He was grinning from ear to ear, we both adore her and her family. Kathy and I had texted earlier in the day and Billy hadn’t been feeling well. The back up plan was to have Ed stay at the resort with Billy and the girls would have come with Kathy. I was happy to see that Billy with them. We all introduced everyone to everyone and here is where I informed Josh we were eating dinner with them.

Why you ask did I wait until we were headed to the Poly to do this? Josh is like his father at times where he feels uncomfortable meeting strangers and even more uncomfortable eating with them. He had no where to go but the open monorail car, so in we all went. Kathy and family had to go to another car.

We got off the monorail and were all talking, Bill and Ed were talking about baseball, Ed was so happy that the Yankees had won the World Series. When Ed found out Bill liked the Dodgers I thought he was going to walk out , just kidding. Ed is a really great guy. We got to meet Catie, Kathy’s niece, she is adorable, sweet, kind, and hilarious, her and Tricia had Bill and I laughing throughout the meal. They were so funny.

We got a group picture, Kathy has it on her camera, then we were seated at a very big table, even though Kathy and I weren’t that close to one another we still got to chat. I gave the kids some Disney Dollars and Kathy handed me a bag. It was too cute, it had suckers and pens for the kids and Christmas ornaments for them. I am a horrible trip report writer because I didn’t get pictures of them. She got Hannah a pink Mickey ears hat ornament that said “Princess” and Christian’s was a Pirate one, they were adorable. She also got me a set of ornaments with the park icons. I hadn’t asked about us exchanging anything so I didn’t have anything for her, but I did pay for the Lapu Lapu she said we needed to get because it was DIS tradition . We had to take goofy pictures with it so here is the one I took of Kathy (goodness knows what I look like in my pic)

Hannah loved the entertainment and when they asked for kids to join in she was all for it. Abbey and Josh went with her.

Abbey said at one point they asked for the Daddy’s to dance with the daughters and Josh danced with Hannah. Abbey said it was all she could do not to cry.

When the kids were marching Josh came back to the table and I can’t believe it but he was wearing this:

I got up to get a picture of Hannah and Josh sat by Bill to talk:

I love to see those moments between Bill and Josh. The conversation seemed to flow well. Abbey and Josh were on edge, see the smokers had lost their cigarettes somewhere this day and were DYING for a smoke. They decided to go see if the store at the Poly had any so the kids stayed with us. Christian was enjoying the food and Hannah was so happy to talk to everyone. She is shy but once she gets to know you watch out. Before I knew it she was under the table and popped up right by Tricia, she surprised us. I asked her to sit back down.

Dinner was over, we wanted to try to see some of Spectro before Wishes and it took the server a little while to figure out the bill even thought Kathy and I had both told him there was separate bills and how many in each room. At one point I didn’t even have my key card and panicked a bit. Come to find out the server had it in his pocket . We all took potty breaks, went back on the monorail and over to MK.

On the way in to the park Josh got an attitude all the sudden thinking that they could just walk in and go ride some rides. Ummm son, Spectro is going on, in fact it is right on Main Street, there is NO WAY you are going to get to any rides now. Well it seems a trend started that night “I am an adult and if we want to go we will”. I said “go for it, I am staying with our friends”. Bill and I went with Kathy and family. I know she could tell there was a situation with Josh and I wasn’t going to let him ruin my night.

We made our way up onto the porch in front of the Exposition Hall to try to see the parade and about 5 or 10 minutes later, who walks up but Abbey and family. Seems they couldn’t get through the crowds and decided to hang out with us. Christian and Hannah liked the parade. Poor Tricia and Catie, Christian kept wanting to trade pins with them. He became a real pin trader this trip. Josh and Abbey had paid out the nose for cigarettes at the Poly and went to the smoking area.

After Spectro, all of us were trying to find out a spot for Wishes and we decided to head down Main Street. Josh and family wanted to look in the Exposition Hall and said they would catch up. I had told Kathy that after we decided where to go, I would go back and tell the where we were. We ended up not far from Walt’s statue to the right. I was getting ready to go back up the street when Josh and Abbey came out of the crowd. What luck was that, I couldn’t believe that they found us in all those people. I fibbed a bit and told Josh the lines would be really long for the rides and they might as well just watch the fireworks .

This was the view we had:

Josh and Abbey started taking pictures of the Castle, you know you get near it and you just have to. I was talking to Ed and Kathy and said this time I am going to try to just watch it and not take pictures. Hannah was in awe of the fireworks, she just kept saying “wow”. She loved seeing Tink fly.

The not taking pictures lasted about 5 minutes, I got the camera out and Ed laughed at me and said “you just can’t help it can you?” I said “no” and giggled then started taking pictures.

After the fireworks, Kathy and family decided it was time to go, we hugged, I was so thankful that she shared a bit of her vacation with us. I really can not express how wonderful this lady is, she is kind, caring, funny, and just wonderful. Ed is a great guy, they are just fantastic people and their kids are amazing, so was Catie.

We waited a bit for the crowds to thin out, Josh said the fireworks were awesome, then started walking out. They wanted to smoke before we got on the bus and the kids, Bill, and I went to meet the Goofy statue.

This is from my Blackberry, I had posted it on Facebook:

We got back to Pop and Josh took this picture of Abbey while we were waiting for Bill to get unloaded:

She is so beautiful inside and out!

Hannah was a little tired don’t you think?

They went into Everything Pop and looked around. Hannah tried on some Mouse Ears:

She ended up with a friend that night:

She adores him and had to tuck him in every morning when we left for the parks, it was too cute. Bill and I went back to the room, they weren’t far behind.

Next installment…A full Epcot day, would we make rope drop?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #154
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Hi I followed your link over here from KathyRN's threads. Wow what a great surprise for the kids. Your son sounds a bit like my DH He has great traits but boy he can be stubborn. Looks like a good trip so far I can't wait to read more.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #155
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Kathy looks great!

I'm glad you got to share a meal with them.

Josh, just being Josh. I'm thinking you're batting 2 for 2 not letting him get to you and I must say vice versa.

Great pix of Wishes. Thanks for taking them as I really haven't seen them from that close. I saw them in 08 but from the entrance of Main St.

I just noticed that there aren't that many pix of you yet. Does that change?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #156
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

This post may be a bit random, my quotes got mixed up so I put my responses in color, but I'm enjoying reading your TR! Sounds like you all had such fun and they seem to be getting the magic!
Josh really likes being helpful with Bill, he is very protective of him.
That's so nice how Josh really cares for Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
... I think all of them are hooked on Disney now.

That is awesome! That must feel great that you two shared your love of Disney and they got it and share it!

Next installment… we didn’t make it to Magic Kingdom until when?????[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Our lazy butts slept until 10:30am then we were slow to get around. Hannah was dressed in her Minnie outfit today and she also got to keep my Minnie ears, Christian was wearing the Pirates t-shirt I bought him:
Yep, you got there more like on my time, lol! Hannah looked so adorable in her Minnie dress!

We made our way onto Main Street USA and I got a picture of Hannah’s face when she saw the castle for the first time:
You could see Hannah was just in awe and amazement!

She put her hands to her cheeks and said “it’s beautiful, so beautiful”. I almost started crying. We turned to go in front of the Crystal Palace. The castle show was going on so we stopped for a minute.
Ohh, can really bring a tear at how beautiful!

While Christian and I were in line, Bill and Hannah were playing:

She was telling him to move his chair closer to the stroller then he would bump it then she would tell him to back away, they did this several times during the trip and every time he would bump the stroller she would just giggle like crazy. Bill loved this because the kids really involved him in everything, they included him, and it really made my heart swell.
It's so sweet how Hannah love to play with Bill in their "wheelchairs" lol! The kids both get along with Bill so well and really seem to have fun with him!
Hmm, more quotes but anyway, sounds like you had a lot of fun with Kathy and family, and that the two family's really got along and enjoyed the night together! How great that you got to spend a good chunk of time doing some really special things with dis friends!
Love the wishes pics and the pic of the kids with the Goofy statue!

Thanks for the updates, so fun to read. You are doing a great job! It's like I'm right there in disney and it's helping me get more excited for our trip coming Jan 2nd!(I'm anxious in these days leading up as time is going so fast, I'm not ready to go and we've got the holidays, and stuff and ahhhh!)

Last edited by Minniekins; 12-08-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #157
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Glad you had a good meet with Kathy et al!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #158
jkCT
DIS Veteran

What a great trip report so far! I am usually just a lurker, but I had to point out that although Josh doesn't smile when you point a camera right at him, I'm lovin' his smile in the shot where he's talking to Bill! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #159
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So glad you got to have dinner with Kathy and that everything went smoothly.

Good for you for not letting Josh get to you. I need to learn how to do that with my brothers.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #161
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Looks like you had a nice visit with Kathy. What a smile on Josh's face when he was talking to Bill. The kids and I are looking forward to your next installment.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #162
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Hi I followed your link over here from KathyRN's threads. Wow what a great surprise for the kids. Your son sounds a bit like my DH He has great traits but boy he can be stubborn. Looks like a good trip so far I can't wait to read more.
Welcome! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Kathy looks great!

I'm glad you got to share a meal with them.

Josh, just being Josh. I'm thinking you're batting 2 for 2 not letting him get to you and I must say vice versa.

Great pix of Wishes. Thanks for taking them as I really haven't seen them from that close. I saw them in 08 but from the entrance of Main St.

I just noticed that there aren't that many pix of you yet. Does that change?
Kathy looked wonderful! I loved getting to spend time with her and her family. Jordan, we love to watch Wishes from the hub, those fireworks and the music always make me tear up. There are a couple photopass pics of me later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniekins View Post
This post may be a bit random, my quotes got mixed up so I put my responses in color, but I'm enjoying reading your TR! Sounds like you all had such fun and they seem to be getting the magic!
Josh really likes being helpful with Bill, he is very protective of him.
That's so nice how Josh really cares for Bill!

That is awesome! That must feel great that you two shared your love of Disney and they got it and share it!
Josh really does love Bill, I think he just doesn't want to upset his Dad by caring about him, if that makes any sense. We loved sharing Disney with them.

Quote:
Hmm, more quotes but anyway, sounds like you had a lot of fun with Kathy and family, and that the two family's really got along and enjoyed the night together! How great that you got to spend a good chunk of time doing some really special things with dis friends!
Quote:
Love the wishes pics and the pic of the kids with the Goofy statue!

Thanks for the updates, so fun to read. You are doing a great job! It's like I'm right there in disney and it's helping me get more excited for our trip coming Jan 2nd!(I'm anxious in these days leading up as time is going so fast, I'm not ready to go and we've got the holidays, and stuff and ahhhh!)
I really enjoy spending time in Disney with people that truly love it. To us Disney isn't running from one attraction to the next, it is experiencing the beauty and magic with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Glad you had a good meet with Kathy et al!
I thought it was a great meet, if Kathy comes back we will see what she thinks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkCT View Post
What a great trip report so far! I am usually just a lurker, but I had to point out that although Josh doesn't smile when you point a camera right at him, I'm lovin' his smile in the shot where he's talking to Bill! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!
Thanks for reading!! I love that smile where he is talking to Bill. He doesn't like his smile so you can't ever get him to give a full smile if a camera is pointed at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
So glad you got to have dinner with Kathy and that everything went smoothly.

Good for you for not letting Josh get to you. I need to learn how to do that with my brothers.
Hi Lessa, Josh got to me but I wouldn't let him see that . I am learning to not let him trigger me, but later in the trip I forgot my lessons .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You are doing a really impressive job of not letting Josh get to you so far. I'd have such a hard time with the smoking breaks!

Adorable pictures of everyone and what a lovely evening you had with Kathy and family!
I did have a hard time with the smoking breaks, you will read about it in a later installment . I just really enjoy Kathy's family, they are such great people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Looks like you had a nice visit with Kathy. What a smile on Josh's face when he was talking to Bill. The kids and I are looking forward to your next installment.
Thank you so much for reading, we had a great time with Kathy and family.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #163
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

That you got to meet Kathy again!

to Bill for liking the Dodgers and Ed liking the Yankees.

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #164
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a lovely evening, how wonderful you got to meet up with Kathy and your meal looks great
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #165
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Kathy looks great!
I agree....can't wait to see your picture w/ the giant pineapple on Kathy's report if you let her post it....

I can't wait to meet that wonderful lady too Once again it is great to hear how nice your dinner was w/ Kathy, Ed and family and that you had a fun and beautiful night in MK.

Not take pictures of the castle....I think that's humanly impossible

Scrappie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: