Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Birthday Cakes, Trip on a Lake, DIS Meets&More-Christmas Time 09 TR! UPDATE 12/20!

Hey everyone!! I'm back and ready to start another TR After writing my last TR, I feel like I've learned some tricks to make writing this TR go quicker and smoother. So I hope I'll have a lot of my DIS friends join me over here as well and lots of newcomers! Don't be shy, I want everyone to say hi!! P.S. the REAL title is TBA when we get back from WDW!

This TR is actually going to be a PTR for the next 10 days because we don't leave for WDW until November 28th. It's going to surely be the best trip I've ever been on but those details are going to have to wait just a bit. First, for the newcomers, let me introduce the cast here.....

My name is Kristen and I'm 22. I have a bachelor's degree in political science and psychology and am currently in graduate school studying to become a social studies teacher. I work part time at a bank right now...not fun but it's only temporary. I'm definitely the epitome of a Disney obsessor and love everything about it. My favorite characters are Belle and Daisy. This will be my 6th trip to the World.

Yes, I have a shirt on I just like to wear tube tops LOL

Next up we have my boyfriend Chris. He's 24 right now but his 25th birthday is November 22 so he'll be 25 before we leave. We met when I was 16 although we didn't date right away. We've been together for just over 2.5 years now. He works a cable company as a technician but his real passion is anything to do with cars whether it be mechanical or doing body work. He likes Disney a lot but is not obsessed like me. His favorite characters are Grumpy and Jack Skellington. This will be his 2nd trip to WDW.

So you'll want the trip detail now I suppose. Like I said, we're flying into Orlando Saturday, November 28th. We live on Long Island so a lot of times we fly out of NYC but not this time, we were lucky enough to get some good airfares flying Southwest out of a smaller local airport. It only takes us about 20 mins to get there from where we live so it's great. Our flight leaves here at 6:20 pm so we should be to Orlando at about 9ish, probably earlier. Originally we were supposed to leave Sunday the 29th however, being that it's the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the flights were outrageously priced. We figured it out and flying down late Saturday night, staying at a cheap hotel offsite and then heading to WDW on Sunday would still save us a chunk of money so that's what we're doing. Saturday night we'll be at La Quinta Inn and Suites with free airport transportation and free continental breakfast for the incredible price of $32 with tax

The following morning we'll take the airport shuttle back to MCO and jump on the Magical Express from there. Where are we staying, you ask? Only one of the most beautiful resorts in all of WDW and probably the real world, ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS!!! Thanks to a great recommendation by Dawn (punkin413) we were connected with another amazing DISer who we're renting DVC points from. This would be the only way we would be able to afford to stay deluxe at this point so we're extremely grateful! We'll be at AKV from November 29th-December 5th! Because we're staying DVC we weren't eligible for free dining but we are purchasing the DDP anyway since we regretted not getting it last time. Oh yea, I think I forgot to mention that Chris and I were in WDW this past April too! I'm sooo thankful that we were able to go twice in one year.

So, why is this trip going to be the best one yet? Well there's a few reasons. The real excuse I came up with for us to be able to go back to WDW again in 2009 started when we were there in April. We had a bounceback offer which was good on Chris's birthday so I booked it and he was okay with that because he knew we could cancel it still. Then when we got home, I noticed that lots of other DISers were going to WDW the week after Thanksgiving when we were planning on going right before it. After some secret research (aka without Chris knowing) I found out it would be cheaper to go after Thanksgiving, we could add an extra day for less money and we would get to meet a bunch of amazing DISers. My first potential DIS meets! So, I talked to Chris and I felt kind of bad since we were supposed to be going for his birthday. But, did he care? NOT AT ALL! He knew I really wanted to have some DIS meets so we switched our dates until after Thanksgiving! So we currently have plans to meet hlrababy, lauren_elizabeth (along with her boyfriend Trent, MeMom's son), OneTreeHillAddict, Goofy22, Disneychix, heath-and-javens-mom, teekee2 and I think that's it. If I somehow forgot you, please forgive me and remind me and I'll add you in!!

In addition, we have some great things planned this trip. Lots of new restaurants and experiences that I am veryyyyyy excited for!! So, was that enough information for you all? Only ten days to go Check back soon for more trip details like ADRs and park plans! I'm going to leave you with some shots of us from our April trip.

Thanks for reading!!

Me in DTD, April 09

Chris in DTD, April 09

Us with our super cool TSM glasses on

Sorry the pictures are huge! I promise I'll resize any more that I upload!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Last edited by xoktenox; 12-20-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi! Found you on Lynnie's PTR, hope you dont mind me joining your TR!! You and your BF are so cute!! Looking forward to your trip!!! Have you been at Christmastime before? You're going to LOVE it, if not!! We went last year that same week and it was AMAZING!!!! Oh! And btw, my name is Kristen, too, spelled the same way!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

forgot to sub....
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

You know I'm in girl! Yay for ten days!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi! Found you on Lynnie's PTR, hope you dont mind me joining your TR!! You and your BF are so cute!! Looking forward to your trip!!! Have you been at Christmastime before? You're going to LOVE it, if not!! We went last year that same week and it was AMAZING!!!! Oh! And btw, my name is Kristen, too, spelled the same way!!
I'm so glad you came over to join! I love having another Kristen around LOL We've never been there for Christmas time before but I'm overly excited to be able to see WDW all decked out! I LOVEEEE Christmas as much as I love WDW so this is like my dream right here. I'm going to have to go over and check out your TR from last yr as well as your TR you have going on right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
You know I'm in girl! Yay for ten days!
Lynn, so glad you could join! Your trip is coming up so soon too!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Yipppeee for your new TR!!!! I can't wait to read it!

10 days! You must be so excited! I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so glad got good prices from MacArthur!! It's so close and so much easier the JFK or LaGuardia!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

i followed over from Melissa's TR... sounds like you're going to have a GREAT time! Wow, lots of DISmeets!

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I am here, I am here!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Hello there!! Hope there's room a new reader

We are going to be at disney the same time as you, we're staying at wilderness lodge from 27th Nov to 6th Dec - we are soooo excited!! We havent been at christmas time before, have you?

Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!

I've got a couple of dis meets planned as well, can't wait to meet up with some of the lovely girls I've made friends with on here.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

I believe I read along on your april trip--I saw your link on another tr--so I'm here early--your trip sounds like a lot of fun already!!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Hi Kristen-great start!!!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Sawhiskey
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you two will have fun. Your soo lucky to be going soo soon, I hope to be there by Feburary. Either way have fun and take pictures, you know we all love dis pics.. I didnt notice at 1st your staying at AKV, I stayed at the lodge and it was wonderful.. What a great resort....

Last edited by Sawhiskey; 11-18-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I'm so in on this one! I can't wait to meet you guys!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
manntra
DIS Veteran

Hi there I came over from Lynn's PTR. Wow! Only ten days

Are you staying at Kidani or Jambo? Either way you will love both of them

Very cool that you have planned Dismeets. I recognize Tammy's name there, should be a lot of fun!

Tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: