Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #121
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

My TR is up ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post34443848

Hope to see you all there!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #122
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran
 
B&WMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 522

Great pics. We were there just a couple of weeks ago, we stayed in the AB section as well. Itís great to see everything again.
__________________
Summer 1978 - Offsite
Summer 1985 - Contemporary
November 1998 - Grand Floridian
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
B&WMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #123
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Great pics. We were there just a couple of weeks ago, we stayed in the AB section as well. Itís great to see everything again.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed POR too!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #124
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,559

great report & pics, thanx i can't wait to visit tomorrow!

re the frog, OMG, still better than a palmetto bug
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #125
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
great report & pics, thanx i can't wait to visit tomorrow!

re the frog, OMG, still better than a palmetto bug
Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful trip!

Last edited by Momof2Disneyboys; 12-07-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #126
ObsessedwiththeMouse
Diehard Packers fan, but, should be a ....... fan
My brother drives the monorail at WDW
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wish it were at the Polynesian beach...
Posts: 1,397

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Thanks for the great review!
ObsessedwiththeMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #127
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwiththeMouse View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #128
AlternateEgo
Missing the House of the Mouse
 
AlternateEgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 746

You review did make me feel better about looking into a POR stay.

We last stayed at CSR and I am at the point that I don't want to try any other resorts because CSR was so nice (refurbished rooms, bus rides, etc)

The issue is that we have 5 in the family and POR looks like our most valuable choice... without staying in a value.
__________________
MeDH DD11 DD9 DD8 DS<1

Next trip TBD - thinking 11-2015 with

Summer '92 Offsite , 9 '07 ASMu FDDP , 9 '09 CSR FDDP-Honeymoon 9 '11 POR FDDP
AlternateEgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #129
kymom99
DIS Veteran
 
kymom99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,360

OMG! You threw out the Frog Prince??!!
__________________
June 2004: All Star Sports
June 2005: All Star Movie
June 2006: Siesta Key
June 2008: POFQ
June 2009: Cape Cod
June 2010: CBR The whole gang!
July 2011: Holiday World
July 2012: 1st trip to Disneyland!
June 2013: Siesta Key and RCCL Bahamas
June 2014: Pittsburgh, PA
kymom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #130
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 44,767

I really like PORS and it was great to see your report. We never had frogs though but saw plenty of lizards, all outside.

Your comment about the corner dust in WDW's rooms made me laugh because it's so true. They just never seem to get to that.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #131
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateEgo View Post
You review did make me feel better about looking into a POR stay.

We last stayed at CSR and I am at the point that I don't want to try any other resorts because CSR was so nice (refurbished rooms, bus rides, etc)

The issue is that we have 5 in the family and POR looks like our most valuable choice... without staying in a value.
Glad to help!

I'm sure you will be fine at POR. We really enjoyed it much better than CSR.

Unfortunately there aren't too many choices for families of 5 without going deluxe.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #132
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymom99 View Post
OMG! You threw out the Frog Prince??!!
Yes, much to the children's dismay the little frog prince had to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I really like PORS and it was great to see your report. We never had frogs though but saw plenty of lizards, all outside.

Your comment about the corner dust in WDW's rooms made me laugh because it's so true. They just never seem to get to that.
Glad you enjoyed the report! Yes, POR is very lush and along with that comes lots of little critters!

I like to think of the WDW room dust as *pixie-dust*.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #133
pggirl
Mouseketeer
 
pggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: costa rica
Posts: 129

thanks

thanks for your trip report and all the pics. i am planning a first trip nov 2010 for the exact same dates (7 - 13) at por and this helps get a really good idea of what we are in for. i am hoping the pool not being heated was just a fluke, otherwise i don't think my ds 5 will brave it. we are not used to COLD waters!

one question- how long did it take from the time you got on the magical express to when you arrived at the por check-in? i am wondering if the "free" ride might be not worth all of the extra time it takes. i have heard a taxi from mco to wdw is $50, anyone know of a better rate? after traveling all day from costa rica (which will include a 5 hour drive to the airport from our house!), i am thinking i would be willing to pay a little extra to just get there.

thanks again for all of your tips and advice. i have been following your posts and they have been super helpful in my planning.
__________________
Pop Nov 2010
Pop Sep 2011
Pop Oct 2013

pggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #134
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggirl View Post
thanks for your trip report and all the pics. i am planning a first trip nov 2010 for the exact same dates (7 - 13) at por and this helps get a really good idea of what we are in for. i am hoping the pool not being heated was just a fluke, otherwise i don't think my ds 5 will brave it. we are not used to COLD waters!

one question- how long did it take from the time you got on the magical express to when you arrived at the por check-in? i am wondering if the "free" ride might be not worth all of the extra time it takes. i have heard a taxi from mco to wdw is $50, anyone know of a better rate? after traveling all day from costa rica (which will include a 5 hour drive to the airport from our house!), i am thinking i would be willing to pay a little extra to just get there.

thanks again for all of your tips and advice. i have been following your posts and they have been super helpful in my planning.
Hi there! Glad you enjoyed the POR report and I could help!

This trip it took an hour and a half from the time we got off the plane at the airport until the time we were pulling into POR. On past trips it has been more like an hour. This time was longer because they had 4 resorts on the ME bus and POR was the last stop.

We will be at Disney the same time as you - we are going Nov 6-13 this year!! It was such a great week to go, so we are going to do it again!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #135
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,249

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review of POR! I really appreciate it! Glad you liked it more that you thought you would!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tell me about shipping stuff to your resort coltink Disney Resorts 21 11-26-2009 07:17 PM
Split Stay Question cbg1027 Disney Resorts 13 11-18-2009 10:43 PM
PSA - Back up your photos!!!!! BernardandMissBianca Scrapbooking 15 11-18-2009 07:20 AM
Suggestion for resort dinner! Twoboysnmygirl Disney Restaurants 14 11-17-2009 03:08 PM
maps of DVC resorts?? KYCruiseCrazy DVC-Mousecellaneous 5 11-17-2009 10:13 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.