Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #106
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

My OKW review is up! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post34395398
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #107
tinkerdorabelle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: ny
Posts: 1,442

WOW, thanks so much for those photos! You got me super-psyched for our trip next month in Dec. Just a few day last minute trip for my b-day, but we haven't stayed on-site in awhile and I am so excited now! Thanks again, your photos were really awesome!
tinkerdorabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #108
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerdorabelle View Post
WOW, thanks so much for those photos! You got me super-psyched for our trip next month in Dec. Just a few day last minute trip for my b-day, but we haven't stayed on-site in awhile and I am so excited now! Thanks again, your photos were really awesome!
You're welcome! Have a wonderful trip to WDW and POR!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #109
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,777

So Shelley when are you going back and where are you staying????
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #110
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
So Shelley when are you going back and where are you staying????
I was just thinking the same thing.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #111
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
So Shelley when are you going back and where are you staying????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was just thinking the same thing.
Those are good questions!!

As for when, I'd like to say the same week next November. But we will see. . .

As for where, we don't like to go back to the same resort 2 times in a row, so POR & OKW will be out for the next trip.

So the short list for next time is (depending on our budget):

Boardwalk area, so that means YC, BC, BCV, BWI, or BWV. We would also consider the Swan and Dolphin

WL bunkbed room

CBR - pirate room

POP or ASMo - two rooms
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #112
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

I must stand corrected on my list of how we rate the resorts we have stayed at! DS10 informed me last night that POR is his new favorite!! Yes, this coming from the kid that never wants to try anything new and always wants to stay at CBR! Why is POR his new favorite? PIANO BOB!!!

So for DH and I it's: CBR, POR, OKW, POFQ, CSR
For DS10 it's: POR, CBR, OKW, POFQ, CSR
And for DS8 it's: CBR, OKW, POR, POFQ, CSR

There you have it!


And you are in luck POR fans ~ I just loaded all of the pictures DS10 took with his camera (my old camera) and he had several POR pics. He is a pretty good little photographer if I do say so myself!

POR by DS10 ~



























Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #113
CocoCoops
Escapist Extraordinaire
 
CocoCoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PacNW by way of Deeeetroit
Posts: 23

Groundskeeping in the morning?

Great review - quick question, was there a lot of groundskeeping noise each morning? About what time did the cleaning folks knock on the door each morning?

I track traveller reviews of POR over on TripAdvisor.com and just recently there's a slew of negative reports all complaining that weed whackers and blowers were going at 6am (customer called to complain and CM's told them "that's their typical start time daily") -- was that your experience?

They also complained that Mousekeeping knocked on their door at 8am every morning....

Haven't heard these complaints before, but over the last 2 weeks TripAdvisor has been getting more negatives on POR. We head out to POR 1st week of Feb . . .
-Thanks!
__________________
In life there are two kinds of people: Ernies & Berts. Life is lived better when you choose to be an Ernie.
CocoCoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #114
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoCoops View Post
Great review - quick question, was there a lot of groundskeeping noise each morning? About what time did the cleaning folks knock on the door each morning?

I track traveller reviews of POR over on TripAdvisor.com and just recently there's a slew of negative reports all complaining that weed whackers and blowers were going at 6am (customer called to complain and CM's told them "that's their typical start time daily") -- was that your experience?

They also complained that Mousekeeping knocked on their door at 8am every morning....

Haven't heard these complaints before, but over the last 2 weeks TripAdvisor has been getting more negatives on POR. We head out to POR 1st week of Feb . . .
-Thanks!
Thanks!

Nope, we never heard any groundskeeping noise in the mornings. Thankfully!

Housekeeping was in our area around 8:30-9:00 most mornings. Never any earlier. We only had one day when we left the room fairly early and that was the day we let her come in, so I'm not sure what time she came that day. DH would usually go out in the mornings and get what we needed from her when I was getting ready in the mornings, and that was usually around 8:30 or so.

If you don't want them knocking on your door early just make sure to put the "privacy" thing in the keyhole and then they won't knock. And they will come back later to see if you have removed it and want a cleaning that day. And if you still have it in there they will usually leave you a bag of supplies hanging on your door.

Have a great trip!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #115
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disneyboys View Post
i must stand corrected on my list of how we rate the resorts we have stayed at! Ds10 informed me last night that por is his new favorite!! Yes, this coming from the kid that never wants to try anything new and always wants to stay at cbr! Why is por his new favorite? Piano bob!!!

So for dh and i it's: Cbr, por, okw, pofq, csr
for ds10 it's: Por, cbr, okw, pofq, csr
and for ds8 it's: Cbr, okw, por, pofq, csr

there you have it!


and you are in luck por fans ~ i just loaded all of the pictures ds10 took with his camera (my old camera) and he had several por pics. He is a pretty good little photographer if i do say so myself!

Por by ds10 ~



























great pictures!!! It looks so lush...i can't wait til jan. To see for myself
GrammyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #116
toober
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 15

You are making it a very hard decision for me: stick with my 2 night CBR reservation or change to Port Orleans. We are 2 adults, staying at Disney to go to Epcot then moving on to a cruise out of Port Canaveral.
Is one resort easier to get in and out of; to go the Epcot or grab the taxi/shuttle to get us to Port Canaveral? Did your DH prefer CBR or PO? The bus ride to Downtown Disney from CBR, does it take less time than the 20 minute boat ride from PO?

Thank you.
toober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #117
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
great pictures!!! It looks so lush...i can't wait til jan. To see for myself
Thanks!

You are going to have such a great time in January!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #118
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by toober View Post
You are making it a very hard decision for me: stick with my 2 night CBR reservation or change to Port Orleans. We are 2 adults, staying at Disney to go to Epcot then moving on to a cruise out of Port Canaveral.
Is one resort easier to get in and out of; to go the Epcot or grab the taxi/shuttle to get us to Port Canaveral? Did your DH prefer CBR or PO? The bus ride to Downtown Disney from CBR, does it take less time than the 20 minute boat ride from PO?

Thank you.
Hmm. . . that is a tough one!

We really love both resorts. DH and I do give a slight edge to CBR for a few reasons -- a little more space in the room, the beaches & hammocks, and we just enjoy the Caribbean theme a little more.

Both resorts are a quick 5 minute bus ride to Epcot. Both are also less than a 10 minute bus ride from DTD. I don't think one is easier to get in and out of verses the other.

Good luck!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #119
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran
 
LuvsTinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NOLA
Posts: 900

Glad you had a wonderful trip.

I'm too chicken to try new resorts. We love CBR.
__________________
15x CBR; 1x Poly

LuvsTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #120
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTinker View Post
Glad you had a wonderful trip.

I'm too chicken to try new resorts. We love CBR.
Thanks!

I know, it's hard to try something new when you know you already have a good fit at another resort. We like trying new things, but it's good to know CBR will always be there!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tell me about shipping stuff to your resort coltink Disney Resorts 21 11-26-2009 07:17 PM
Split Stay Question cbg1027 Disney Resorts 13 11-18-2009 10:43 PM
PSA - Back up your photos!!!!! BernardandMissBianca Scrapbooking 15 11-18-2009 07:20 AM
Suggestion for resort dinner! Twoboysnmygirl Disney Restaurants 14 11-17-2009 03:08 PM
maps of DVC resorts?? KYCruiseCrazy DVC-Mousecellaneous 5 11-17-2009 10:13 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.