Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #91
NewCrew42
One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Quote:
Oh he does have a giant head. Had it since he was born. Believe me!!

Just wish he could have used it more.
This is how I read this the first time!

Shelly - I just couldn't believe you typed that, and sure enough you didn't.

POFQ - June 2014, POFQ - June 2013, POFQ - July 2010, Pop Century - March 2009, Pop Century - April 2008, Pop Century - May 2007, Contemporary - May 2006, Grand Floridian - May 2005, Contemporary - May 2004, Contemporary - May 2003, Off-site - June 1992
NewCrew42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #92
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrew42 View Post
This is how I read this the first time!

Shelly - I just couldn't believe you typed that, and sure enough you didn't.

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #93
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

A little snap happy were ya? Just kidding I love that you took so many pics of POR- it is a gorgeous resort. It would be my next pick if CBR were booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thanks Kim!

Well, if I call you OCD I will have to call myself OCD because I know we are a lot alike!

I think you better stick with CBR, if for nothing else for your DH!! Gotta keep the DH happy so he keeps taking you back to Disney!

DS10 already had at least 4 lightsabers, but he made yet another one at Disney. Because "they are different now". . . Plus they both bought those generic light up sword/saber thingies from a cart at DHS.

Very true about keeping the DH happy!
As far as the lightsaber, I may just let him buy a new one while we are there. He's been asking for the double one. Little does he know Santa is already done shopping. Then DD can have his one from the last trip.

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #94
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
A little snap happy were ya? Just kidding I love that you took so many pics of POR- it is a gorgeous resort. It would be my next pick if CBR were booked.
I'm always snap happy!! Love taking pictures!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #95
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Food Court ~

Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #96
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Okay, I think that's all I have for POR pictures! Except for these 2 the morning we were leaving and going to OKW. We just went to bell services and they called us a cab and we were off. The kids were very excited, their very first cab ride!

Cab fare from POR to OKW -- $5.50!

Hope you have all enjoyed the POR journey. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #97
NewCrew42
One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Okay, I think that's all I have for POR pictures! Except for these 2 the morning we were leaving and going to OKW. We just went to bell services and they called us a cab and we were off. The kids were very excited, their very first cab ride!

Cab fare from POR to OKW -- $5.50!

Hope you have all enjoyed the POR journey. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have!
Look on the boys' faces...

Priceless!

POFQ - June 2014, POFQ - June 2013, POFQ - July 2010, Pop Century - March 2009, Pop Century - April 2008, Pop Century - May 2007, Contemporary - May 2006, Grand Floridian - May 2005, Contemporary - May 2004, Contemporary - May 2003, Off-site - June 1992
NewCrew42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Not bad cab fare!!!

I think I like CBR's food court's look better than POR's.
But I guess you should go to a food court for the food, not the way it looks.

Love the pics of POFQ- did you walk over there and back or just take pics from the boat?

Jo
Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #99
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrew42 View Post
Look on the boys' faces...

Priceless!
I know, right?! They are too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Not bad cab fare!!!

I think I like CBR's food court's look better than POR's.
But I guess you should go to a food court for the food, not the way it looks.

Love the pics of POFQ- did you walk over there and back or just take pics from the boat?

Jo
I too like the looks of the CBR food court better than POR's. More spread out, less crowded, and bigger & brighter. I did like the create your own salad at POR, they don't have that at CBR. But I did miss the grab n go that CBR has that POR does not.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #100
drakes
DIS Veteran

I was just thinking the food court looked really nice, now I understand there is more to a food court than burgers and nuggets! I love the pasta bar and make your own salad!
But NO GRAB N GO!!!

I can't compare resort food courts, I've been to All stars - movies and Music - one word = chaos and the mini court at WL (Roaring Forks). I grabbed my cupcake drink and them made DH order breakfast the one day, it was far too small for a resort that size!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #101
drakes
DIS Veteran

I also have to say reading all there PTR and TR- I think I might write ours. I did start one a few weeks ago in WORD, some ramblings. It would be scare on the photos, because I have nothing uploaded to photobucket or anything... But I was just asked - when do you go to Disney, My response "65 days! " I was laughed at

Sorry I had to post when I saw my ticker... and to comment, the first cab ride is priceless, to some it would be another picture but to us Moms it's a step forward in our babies lives! DD was so excited for a cab ride, especially a disney cab ride... even the cab ride was magical!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #102
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
I was just thinking the food court looked really nice, now I understand there is more to a food court than burgers and nuggets! I love the pasta bar and make your own salad!
But NO GRAB N GO!!!

I can't compare resort food courts, I've been to All stars - movies and Music - one word = chaos and the mini court at WL (Roaring Forks). I grabbed my cupcake drink and them made DH order breakfast the one day, it was far too small for a resort that size!
I think that's what scares me about the Values and Deluxes. Value food courts look crowded and chaotic. And the Deluxe's either don't have a food court or they have one that is way too small.

I think the moderates have the nicest food courts. (most of them anyway!) Although I heard the POP food court is nice.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #104
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I finally found you! Love the pix and the boys look like they were in heaven!!!

I would've been so upset about the pool not being warm! I'm not happy when I'm cold! And the frog...I'm not sure I could've slept after seeing that!

Glad you had a fabulous trip! Remind me~is POR smaller or is POFQ?

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #105
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see how POR is similar to CBR with some of the layout of things but so different in theme.

Love the frog!
Thanks Amy! Yes, both resorts are very beautiful, but very different in theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I finally found you! Love the pix and the boys look like they were in heaven!!!

I would've been so upset about the pool not being warm! I'm not happy when I'm cold! And the frog...I'm not sure I could've slept after seeing that!

Glad you had a fabulous trip! Remind me~is POR smaller or is POFQ?
Thanks Jenny!

Well lucky for me (or maybe unlucky ) I grew up with a brother and now have 2 boys, so frogs don't bother me too much. Don't get me wrong, I sure could have done without it. But it could have been something worse!

POR is bigger than POFQ. Much bigger. We were very lucky in our room location, some of those buildings were pretty far out there and had lots of winding paths to use to get to everything. We pretty much had a straight shot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: