Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #31
jemgumby
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. We are staying there in May and I am a little nervous but reading your review helped me!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #32
onehotdisneymama
Mouseketeer

Shelly, Thanks for the great review so far. We are going to be staying at POR for the first time, weekend after Thanksgiving. Interested in your food review. By the way if I had seen the frog, I would have been out the door until it was gone. My family would have been laughing the rest of the trip Thanks again.

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."
onehotdisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #33
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

We stayed at POR this past October. One night after being out late we came home to a frog sitting on the door handle!!!

I don't like frogs because they all seem to want to jump at me. LOL

Glad you enjoyed your stay. This past October was the first time we'd been at POR in 10 years. My only real complaint this time was that the food court didn't have as much variety as it used to. We always liked the tacos there and now you can't get any. That was the only thing we all wished had been different.
MusiqChic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Thanks for the review. I will be staying at POR in January for the first time, so your info is helpful.

One small thing--you really need to stay in a FW cabin to claim that you have stayed at all of the mods!! We loved our cabin stay, and no critters in our room.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

You didn't give away my spot did ya???

I fought hard for it!

Great review pf POR! So glad you liked it so very much. I thought it was beautiful when I went over there from POFQ- but it was almost too big for me.

If the water had've been warm and the frog hadn't of accosted you, would it have been your new favorite???

Can't wait for the pics!

Jo
Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #36
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
OP, very nice review of POR. We've stayed at all the mods now, and our rankings break down about like yours. I rank CBR #1 but DW ranks POR #1... ehhh, it's all a matter of what theming strikes your fancy.

A frog in your room, huh? You really have to hand it to Disney for incredible marketing surrounding this new movie.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It really gives a whole new meaning to "The Princess and the Frog" movie!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Thanks for the great review Shelly! We are staying at POFQ for the first time in January and plan to take a walk over to POR to explore a bit! Can't wait to see some of your pictures!
You should definitely check out POR while you are so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexan View Post
Bob is in the River Roost Lounge at POR among other places he plays. Check him out at www.yehaabob.com.
Bob is so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! We are all very excited and ready to get to Disney!Thanks so much for the great info!!! Those are really good bus times! Now, I am so ready to get on that plane today! It's hard to wait this last week! UGH
I know, that last week really drags on! But it will be here soon enough and you will have the best time!!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #38
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemgumby View Post
Thanks for the review. We are staying there in May and I am a little nervous but reading your review helped me!
Glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotdisneymama View Post
Shelly, Thanks for the great review so far. We are going to be staying at POR for the first time, weekend after Thanksgiving. Interested in your food review. By the way if I had seen the frog, I would have been out the door until it was gone. My family would have been laughing the rest of the trip Thanks again.
Have a great time!! Please let me know how the crowds are that week after Thanksgiving.

I was actually relieved it was a frog and not something worse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiqChic99 View Post
We stayed at POR this past October. One night after being out late we came home to a frog sitting on the door handle!!!

I don't like frogs because they all seem to want to jump at me. LOL

Glad you enjoyed your stay. This past October was the first time we'd been at POR in 10 years. My only real complaint this time was that the food court didn't have as much variety as it used to. We always liked the tacos there and now you can't get any. That was the only thing we all wished had been different.
I can see why frogs might be a problem at POR, so much greenery. Very lush. I was sure glad that we weren't on the first floor!

Nope, there weren't any tacos at the food court. I really enjoyed the build your own salad though!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #39
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Thanks for the review. I will be staying at POR in January for the first time, so your info is helpful.

One small thing--you really need to stay in a FW cabin to claim that you have stayed at all of the mods!! We loved our cabin stay, and no critters in our room.
You're welcome!

I know, but I don't really consider the cabins to be in the moderate category since they cost more! But we may give them a try one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
You didn't give away my spot did ya???

I fought hard for it!

Great review pf POR! So glad you liked it so very much. I thought it was beautiful when I went over there from POFQ- but it was almost too big for me.

If the water had've been warm and the frog hadn't of accosted you, would it have been your new favorite???

Can't wait for the pics!

Jo
You're lucky you got back here when you did. I was just about to give away your spot!

I would say POR would have been almost tied with CBR is it weren't for the frog and the pool water. We still missed that little bit of extra space in the CBR room and the beaches & hammocks though.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #40
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

YAY! the first of Shelly's fabulous reports! Now we need pictures of that frog!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Entrance sign and main building pics~

Old 11-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #42
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Our room~

Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #43
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
YAY! the first of Shelly's fabulous reports! Now we need pictures of that frog!
Okay, you asked for it ~ Here he is!

Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #44
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

I don't love the looks of the rooms either,a little too plain for me, but we loved POR! The greenery and the water were so nice. We thought of it as a JV WL. We just had a weekend in January booked here but had to change to ASMu to accomodate some friends who are coming with us. I thought it was no big deal, but looking at your pictures reminds me how much I liked POR! Oh well, we'll have to find another weekend to get back there!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #45
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Pool Bar~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: