Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

Luau Decor at dollar store

Anyone else get a "high" when you find really good deals? It's really bad in Gymboree. So, at Every things a dollar store I picked up some luau/tiki-ish window clings. GUESS where we are staying? Poly here we come. I want to

I was wondering when we are done with these window clings if I should pass them on? Do you think someone checking in would want them? Or would I be the weird lady trying to give away window clings that would be talked about for years to come? lol

2009 Grand Floridian. 2010 Polynesian Hawaii.
2014 CBR/AKL
think-like-tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

Are you allowed to stick stuff on the doors and windows at Disney resorts?
wtccheermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtccheermom View Post
I was going to comment on that but didn't originally. At the deluxes, most people don't do much/any decorating like they do at the values/mods. You are not allowed to put anything on your door in a deluxe, as far as I know - or at least, you are subject to having it removed by the resort staff.

Window clings on your sliding glass door probably wouldn't be an issue unless it's really over the top, but I honestly don't believe I have seen them that I noticed.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtccheermom View Post
Decorating doors and windows is fairly common at the values and moderate resorts. It's OK with the resort as long as you don't put anything up that would damage the door or window or require housekeeping to clean up residue; if you do, the resort staff may ask you to remove it or assess a cleaning fee.

Deluxes are kind of a different animal, because of the indoor corridors. I can honestly say that I've never seen a decorated door or sliding glass door at a deluxe. I have heard reports of guests being asked to remove decorations from doors at deluxes.

I doubt if they'd have problems with clings on a balcony door, it's unlikely that anyone would even notice unless you're on the first floor.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

I was just wondering because I was asked to remove my stroller off the balcony at SSR because it was not in keeping with the resort's theme which was completely understandable. So i was just wondering how stickers would figure into that.

Last edited by wtccheermom; 06-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
mjp12831
DIS Veteran

Decorating the resort room seems kind of strange to me. Was very surprised to see the mod's post that it's common at values and mods.

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp12831 View Post
Decorating the resort room seems kind of strange to me. Was very surprised to see the mod's post that it's common at values and mods.
I agree!!! It seems that would take up too much time and packing space. I do not know about anybody else but I want to do as little as possible on vacation but enjoy my trip so no decorating or cooking for me. I want things to be simple on vacation!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

Eeek. Thanks for being nice about my dumb post now. I didn't realize that at deluxes it's a no-no. I will use my window clings on my own sliding glass door. Maybe we should have our own "luau" before we leave for a month!

2014 CBR/AKL
Old 06-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-like-tink View Post
Eeek. Thanks for being nice about my dumb post now. I didn't realize that at deluxes it's a no-no. I will use my window clings on my own sliding glass door. Maybe we should have our own "luau" before we leave for a month!
It absolutely was not "dumb post" !!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not a dumb post at all!!! You don't know until you asked and I did not know until you asked. So Thanks!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your post was absolutely NOT dumb at all! Just because some folks choose not to decorate, doesn't mean you shouldn't. I am not sure what the official *decorating rules* are at a Deluxe, but when we went to POP in Dec I decorated! I even packed a tree!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

you could have a "get ready to go to Disney" luau at your house!! that would get you in the vacation mode!!
(and it wasn't a dumb post.....you only know the answer by asking the question)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

A BBQ has been planned

2014 CBR/AKL
Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
skipperkim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A BBQ has been planned
I'd reuse them at the resort on the patio door. It's just window clings, they come down very easy. They don't take that much space, none to be exact. But then you're talking to someone who does decorate her window each time. Okay, I do stay at a moderate. But I'd do it at a deluxe too. You can even make your own too. You can buy it at an office supply store and print it out. Oh, and I took had a Christmas tree in my room last time. I didn't pack it, I shipped it.
May 2005 - Cont
Oct 2005 - POFQ
Sept 2006 - POFQ
Dec 2008 - CSR
skipperkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #15
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

While not like the values or moderates, occasionally decorations wil be seen at a deluxe during the holidays - we have not seen decorations at any other time though.

It would be fine to use the window clings and be fun for you and your family -just remove the clings before check-out.

Read on the Poly thread that you've upgraded to CL If Lagoon or TPV, the clings might block that fabulous view!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 06-19-2010 at 05:55 AM. Reason: eta
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: