Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk or Beach Club deluxe room

I would like some opinions on the deluxe club level rooms at the BWI and the BC. We are a family of 5, so we would like a little extra room. I've seen pictures of the BWI rooms and they look huge! I think they're over 600sq.feet. I can't find much info or pictures about the BC deluxe rooms.

How about the lounges? Is one better than the other?
I already know about SAB, loved it this year!!!
leeann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
JohnnyB2
DIS Veteran

Hi, I've stayed at the YC club level and I thought the rooms were the same size as all the rooms( 370/380 ) so I would think the club rooms at the BC would be the same sizeThe BWI deluxe club are 425/435.I have not stayed at the BWI concierge club rooms but read great things about it here on the boards.Also the YC club was great in my opinion
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
blissventure
Thinks oeufs ā la neige is the best dessert that was ever invented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeann32 View Post
I would like some opinions on the deluxe club level rooms at the BWI and the BC. We are a family of 5, so we would like a little extra room. I've seen pictures of the BWI rooms and they look huge! I think they're over 600sq.feet. I can't find much info or pictures about the BC deluxe rooms.

How about the lounges? Is one better than the other?
I already know about SAB, loved it this year!!!
Yes, the Boardwalk Inn Deluxe rooms absolutely are over 600 square feet. I stayed in one in Oct. It was a very spacious, lovely room.

If you go with BWI, you don't have SAB. On the other hand, I have to say the club level experience at BWI is fantastic. At this point, I won't try anywhere else. I've found a perfect fit for us. Our vacation was amazingly fun and relaxing. The BWI club level CM's are just the best. Loved everything about our BWI experience.

I don't know much about BC club level, I have stayed at YC and AKL club level. Good luck with your decision.

blissventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Have you looked into the "Deluxe" rooms club level in the BC?? Those rooms are AMAZING and HUGE!! We have stayed 5 in there (4 adults , 1 child) twice, and had tons of room to spare.. you really feel like royalty staying in those rooms! LOL

I can post pics later - i think they are on my other computer.. but, as someone also said, you will also have Stormalong Bay, which is worth it on it's own!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Have you looked into the "Deluxe" rooms club level in the BC?? Those rooms are AMAZING and HUGE!! We have stayed 5 in there (4 adults , 1 child) twice, and had tons of room to spare.. you really feel like royalty staying in those rooms! LOL

I can post pics later - i think they are on my other computer.. but, as someone also said, you will also have Stormalong Bay, which is worth it on it's own!!!
I would love to see pictures! I can't seem to find any of the BC deluxe club rooms. I'm trying to compare them to the BWI, they have a pull out sofa and 2 tv's, which would be great for the kids!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Caitsmama

Well, i can tell you that there is no 2 tv's.. and the sofa is more like a day bed - not sure what it pulls out to in the BWI..
However, as i said, just for the pool i would say that BC is better hands down - i see the ages of your kids listed in your siggy, and they would have a BLAST in Stormalong bay! There is no comparison in pools that's for sure!

ETA: Duh, i see you have stayed at the BC before.. you know about SAB then.. LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Caitsmama

Ok, found a few old pics -- this is before they redid the rooms, my newer pics are on my laptop at home, i will post those later..

As i said, iknow i have more pics at home, that show the room better.. We stayed last november (2008) in that room, and they are beautifully redone!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Ok, found a few old pics -- this is before they redid the rooms, my newer pics are on my laptop at home, i will post those later..

As i said, iknow i have more pics at home, that show the room better.. We stayed last november (2008) in that room, and they are beautifully redone!
Thanks! Can't wait to see them. Did you enjoy the club lounge? What kinds of foods did they offer?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
PlainJane
It was wonderful both times
I only throw pillows

I prefer the BWI to the BC. I have stayed at the YC, BCV, BWI, and BWV. I, however, only stayed CL at BWI. I have nothing but good things to say about the lounge, the offerings, and the CMs on CL at the BWI.

The argument for BWI
I, actually, prefer the BW pool to SAB because SAB is frankly very crowded. It is a fun pool, but it seems to me it would be very tiring keeping track of a young child in it. It also closes quite early.

Another reason I would go with the BW is because the deluxe rooms are guaranteed BW views, and you will have a full balcony. The BC rooms often have standing room only balconies. I'm not positive if deluxe rooms at BC have full or standing balconies or a mix of both. I also don't know if a specific view is guaranteed.

The BW also has carnival games on the BW and performers.

The argument for BC
You are a very short walk from the International Gateway.

SAB, if the above statement doesn't phase you.

It has a limited CS option inside the resort.
PlainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
Caitsmama

Hi again, sorry for the delay, it's been crazy here - and we leave early Sat. am. for WDW.. but i am looking for the pics, i know they are around here somewhere!!

As for the balcony -- the above poster is mistaken in that area - (no disrespect intended!) the deluxe rooms at the BC have HUGE balconies!!!! They are enough for plenty of people - and ours was overlooking the quiet pool, but if we looked to the right, we could easily see the boardwalk.. and it was nice to catch a glipse of Epcot's fireworks also.

The lounge at the BC is nice - on the smaller side of the lounges i have been in - but the food is good, and so was the service. I would suggest not going right at 5 for the hot app.s, and waiting til about 5:30 - let the crowd thin..

I will be back with pics.. promise!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
Caitsmama

Ok, got my pics from last november - here we go:
Here is a pic of our view we had of the quiet pool - this was taken ground level, but we were up higher obviously.. but you get the idea.

Here is a pic of our large balcony - it stretches the whole length of the pic.. It looks separated in the middle, but it's not - it's open.

And here are room shots:
Walking into the room from the entry - down the hall - (yup, there's a hall in the room! LOL)

Looking down to the daybed area

Regular beds (this room is a corner room and there were LOTS of windows!)

Looking up-room from the daybed area to the hall/door area

Hope this helps!!! We loved it here..
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the pictures! They look great
The room is a lot bigger than the standard room at the Beach Club.
Have a wonderful time in WDW!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #13
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the BC deluxe room last summer and it was great! The room was huge, we had a view of the quiet pool, and access to the CL. We loved the deluxe room so much.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
PurpleTurtle
Mouseketeer

Hi there - are you sure that the BC deluxe rooms have an occupancy of 5? Just wondering b/c allears show 4 as the max occupancy, I think. Maybe it's just a misprint.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

The BC deluxe rooms sleep five - there are two queens and a daybed in each. They are on the first, second, third and fourth floors. There are very few of these rooms (only six I believe). The views from these rooms are very very nice! You get club level lounge (5th floor) access. Some have patios, some have balconies and some have only a tiny standing balcony. These rooms are significantly larger than the regular CL rooms on the fifth floor.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: