Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

The Disney Snob in Paris...December 2009

Ma chere mademoiselle…or madame or monsieur… it is with deepest pride, and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair (and perhaps some coffee and a little snack)…as the Disney Snob proudly presents: a trip report.

BE. MY. GUEST.

…on an all-new super snobby Disney trip!

Yes, and I do mean super snobby. This shall be no ordinary Disney vacation. This is a Disney vacation…to France! Or rather, to Disneyland Paris!!!

Shall we begin at the beginning? Introductions please…

Me: Emma Snobbish, at your service. Twenty years of age, trip reporter, Jane Austen addict, princess at heart, college junior studying abroad in Ireland and having an absolutely grand time (the Irish love the word “grand”). But I do miss my darling, lovely, hilarious family. And who are they?

Betsy: The Mama Snob. Mom, best friend, Disney super planner…she plans all the meals, hotels, magic, etc. : So much fun to be with at Disney or anywhere else. Basically one of my favorite people on earth.

Joe: The Dad. More serious, but he’s got a sense of humor. More inclined to the intellectual or mechanical (historical sights, railroads, etc.) rather than the magical, but he puts up with the Disney mania, keeps us all safe and whole (whether we want to be or not, lol!).

Aramis: The Oldest Brother. 22, senior in college, former Disney college program participant (he absolutely loved it). This is truly an international Disney year for Aramis – he studied in Japan over the summer and got to go to Disneyland Tokyo!

Porthos: The Senior in High School. My little brother! How is that possible? Somehow he’s gotten to be eighteen. Pretty darn smart – into Physics and science and math and (unfortunately) cheesy math and science jokes. And Star Trek. Oh dear.

: Athos: Oh Athos. Eighth-grader, very silly and fun. He’s the Lumiere of the family, for sure. He’s my partner in crime – the Stitch to my Lilo, the Ryan to my Sharpay. Up for anything, especially anything involving bugs, dinos, and other creatures!

: Dart: Just Plain Adorable. Six-years-old, proud kindergartener. He’s always showing me his drawings and projects on skype. Basically the cutest smartest little boy on the planet.

That’s the cast and crew of my enchanted castle, and we’re a pretty fun bunch. It is VERY exciting to be carting the whole gang out to Europe for Christmas! Normally we spend our vacations at Disney or near home, so we haven’t been to Europe in quite some time.

And this will be no glass of water, crust of bread sort of trip (sorry Cogsworth!). They’ll be here over two weeks, and four days of that will be spent in to-be-trip-reported glory in none other than Disneyland Paris!! I have been to Disneyland Paris once, in 2000, but for 10 years my memory’s been rusting....needing so much more than dusting.

Luckily I kept a diary and I scanned some of the photos from that trip when at home, so expect a flashback TR! Also coming up: a Snobbish tour of some Irish sights, some pics from Athos’s trip to Tokyo Disneyland, and OF COURSE: DLP shopping, planning, and excitement!

SO. Lift your glass, you’ve won your own free pass (if you’re stressed, it’s fine reading we suggest!). Be our guest, be our guest, be our guueeeest!

And what is a TR without a little...music?

(I know you’re dying to listen to this now )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4tE7XRTUA
Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Am I the first guest to arrive?

Hooray! I think I am!

What a delightful surprise... I had no idea that this trip to DLP was in the works for your family. I'm ready to be your TR guest!

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
sunny04
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited! I've only ever read your TRs after they are completed! This will be the first time I can actually read them up to date and comment! And in my opinion, you should trip report the entire 2 weeks your family is in Europe - I want to hear it all!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! I'm so excited you've started your PTR, Emma! I can't wait to follow along as you plan--and hear all about Ireland! Your TRs are some of my absolute favorites.

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!!

I hopped on over from my TR! I can't wait to read all about yours! Ellie and I are going to do the ABD London/Paris trip in 2011,with a few days added on at DLP... I'm so excited to hear all about DLP!!

Awesome start BTW!!

Paula
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!

I so enjoyed your other TRs....so lucky that you are going to Paris! How great is that?!

Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You totally have my permission to write about everything you do in Europe.
Can't wait.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

planning loves company

No better way to pass the time before our family's big trip! Looking forward to reading your posts Emma. Allons-y!

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore

Last edited by MainStreetFireman; 11-17-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

I have followed your last trip report and am honored to be on board for your next installment! (getting guilty pleasure from hearing "Be our guest") I'm sure we're in for a lot of fun!!

2009 Celebrating our 5th Anniversary and Hubby's 30th BD with the Mouse! 6/10/2009 - 6/19/2009
2011 All Star Music & First time at Caribbean Beach Club! 4/6/11-4/15/11
2012: TNT Goes To The Art Of Animation Resort!! 8/30/12-9/8/12
2014: A Mine Train Barrel Of Fun At ASM 5/16/2014 - 5/22/2014

DIS Tip: Easiest way to The Yeti's heart........
Offer her Mickey ears.....(yes, she's a fan too)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I was having a pretty crummy day with some issues at work when I came to the PTR to update my own. Then I saw that you started one, and I have to say that it does make me feel better! Looking forward to it all! The pictures, the stories, and just all the fun that comes along with your writing.

And as a PP said, please share about everything that you're doing overseas!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Yay! Another Snobbish TR! I can't wait. It's been 10 years since I was at DLP too! I can't wait to see you pictures. Hope you're having fun in Ireland.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Yeah another Snobbish trip report!! i saw you on Lurkyloo's pre-trip report and saw the new report in your sig and I literally did a little happy dance. I can't wait to hear about and see Disneyland Paris. Your trip reporting and that's fine with me. (my really bad Be our Guest refrence)
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #13
norybell
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about the Disney-Paris experience!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi, Emma! I've been following your trips for a few years now and I'm very excited to get in from the PTR this time. So excited you are going to DL Paris with the whole family! It's a dream of mine to do that someday with my family. Can't wait to read all about your planning and adventure!

Thanks for writing; you are a beautiful writer.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
cdotla
Trish

Yay! I'm in.

Glad to hear you are having a great time in Ireland!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: