Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
gellybean
DIS Veteran

If you had to choose ONE favorite food item in all of WDW....

...what would it be?

We all discuss our favorite meals, or least favorite meals, favorite overall restaurant or least favorite... and there's a thread for worst food but what is your FAVORITE item?

If you could you choose one item from ALL of WDW to be shipped to your home weekly, assuming perfect quality upon arrival, what would you want?

It could be anything... a sweet treat, a frozen drink, an entree, or appetizer...

Include pictures if you have them and a description with location, please!!!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
gellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
zhazhazsu
DIS Veteran

Mickey Premium...

There is NO comparison! The taste IS Disney to me.

A close second would be the fish and chips from Yorkshire Fish Shoppe. I don't order fish and chips anywhere else anymore because it disappoints me
zhazhazsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

1. macadamia nut crusted chicken with sho yu cream sauce and papaya marmalade over mashed potatoes from wolfgang pucks

2. the incredible goat cheese from le chefs de france that comes as part of cheese plate appetizer.

3. pixie sticks (explanation: i love the smell of the bakery on main street in mk... those wonderful sweet smells and the view of the castle trigger my brain to REALLY know we're on vacation... anyway, ONCE i ate a little pixie stick from there and my kids got it in their heads that it was the pixie sticks that i loved... they've given them to me as a gift whenever they think i'm a little down or am in need of some wdw magic... thus i have to have them on my list since it's one of the ways my kids try to say they love me.)
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cheddar Cheese Soup
Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhazhazsu View Post
Mickey Premium...

There is NO comparison! The taste IS Disney to me.

A close second would be the fish and chips from Yorkshire Fish Shoppe. I don't order fish and chips anywhere else anymore because it disappoints me

I plan to get my youngest a Mickey bar this trip and take lots of pics!! Great one! My oldest has had them...and loves them!
I'm gonna have to try the fish and chips. I hear so much about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQueenT View Post
1. macadamia nut crusted chicken with sho yu cream sauce and papaya marmalade over mashed potatoes from wolfgang pucks

2. the incredible goat cheese from le chefs de france that comes as part of cheese plate appetizer.

3. pixie sticks (explanation: i love the smell of the bakery on main street in mk... those wonderful sweet smells and the view of the castle trigger my brain to REALLY know we're on vacation... anyway, ONCE i ate a little pixie stick from there and my kids got it in their heads that it was the pixie sticks that i loved... they've given them to me as a gift whenever they think i'm a little down or am in need of some wdw magic... thus i have to have them on my list since it's one of the ways my kids try to say they love me.)

Awww @ the pixie sticks. Great story!
The chicken sounds yummy! It was what I would have ordered if we ate at WPC!

Keep em coming everyone!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cheddar Cheese Soup
From Le Cellier?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
From Le Cellier?
Yes, from LeCellier.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, from LeCellier.
Thanks!! It's on my must eat list !

Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

the potato crusted red snapper from Flying Fish with the leek fondue. I get it everytime I go. And this year since I visited 5 times...
Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Proof that one man's junk is another man's treasure...I dislike the cheddar cheese soup and didn't like the red snapper at Flying Fish. (Also can't stand that famous grapefruit cake that so many love...)

What did I like? The English Trifle at the Gardenview Lounge and the Barbecue Beef Short Ribs at Jiko.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Haven't had the cheddar cheese soup yet, I know the horror, or eaten at Flying Fish ...

and I too don't get what the big deal is about the grapefruit cake at BD... though the banana toffee tower dessert @ BD was FABulous....

But the short ribs from Jiko!!! SOOOOOO Good!!!

I'm in Texas too Belle5!

Last edited by gellybean; 11-15-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
abminer
Mouseketeer

desserts!

I have a huge sweet tooth, but on my recent trip I found the dis dessert to top them all: O'hana bread pudding with bananas foster sauce ! This lived up to the hype and then some.

My other discovery this trip was the cupcakes at Starring Rolls in DHS. We tried the butterfinger and marble and both were delish! The cupcakes can't compete with the bread pudding though.

October 2014 - Disneyland Hotel, DLR (we got engaged at World of Color ) *** October 2011 - Pop Century *** October 2009 - Coronado Springs *** December 2007 -Wilderness Lodge / MVMCP (grown-up fam trip) *** August 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge *** May 1998 - All Star Music

Childhood Trips: 1994 - Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside, 1990 - Caribbean Beach, 1986 - Contemporary
abminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abminer View Post
I have a huge sweet tooth, but on my recent trip I found the dis dessert to top them all: O'hana bread pudding with bananas foster sauce ! This lived up to the hype and then some.
My point again...our party of nine had our hopes way up on this one and when we finished last year, we just didn't get all all the fuss...We just didn't think it was "all that".

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
ShelShelsmommy
Mouseketeer

Mickey Rice Crispy treats and the popcorn. I LOVE them!!!!! To me it isn't a Disney trip without them
Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
gellybean
DIS Veteran

I second the bread pudding! IT was AMAZING! It was the best dessert we had and we ate at Narcoosee's and had the famous almond crusted cheesecake, had three different desserts from BD, ate at Jiko and Tutto but the Bread Pudding at 'Ohana was my fave dessert. Granted I haven't had the bread pudding from Raglan Road... yet!!

@ Mickey Bars and Popcorn. I know that there's no popcorn on earth that smells better than the popcorn at Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: