Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
ufcabear
Mouseketeer

Anybody Booked Back to Back on Dream

I was thinking about adding a three day to the 4 day, 2/20/11 cruise that we already booked. Has anyone else done this yet? I know that each day would be great but it would seem strange to go through the exact same thing twice in the same week. I mean no new shows, etc... Of course, I don't really care that much just thinking about it. Anyone experience this?
ufcabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
jeppler
Mouseketeer

We just booked a B2B for Feb 27, 2011. It will be our first B2B and we're excited about it. Mainly we want to experience the new ship and the 2 stops to CCay is a bonus. We will probably stay on the ship in Nassau, anyway. We were able to have the same stateroom for both portions, so, no packing either...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Cruiser1969
Where, oh where, have my little tags gone??

We are back to back in May 2011 . . can't wait!!!! I think doing everything twice (if we want) is awesome!!! We have more choices and more time spent where we want to be, ie. if we don't want to do a show repeat, we can go on the AquaDuck!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Dahly
Mouseketeer

We are doing a B2B in August, 2011..the first is a four night with extended family, and the second is a 5 night Double Dip to CC with just me and DS(13).

Our previous cruise in 2008 was a 4 night Double Dip, and it was much too short. Even though we will have basically a repeat of the first 4 days, I think I will be more relaxed on the 5 day, as I won't feel like I have to rush to see the shows, and and we can do activities we missed the first go round. We are driving over from Texas, so we really wanted to do a 7 day, but wasn't available of course. And the total of the 9 nights is only $800 more than I paid for the 4 night in 2008, for the same category of room! On a Brand New Ship!

We don't have the same room on both, due to wanting to be near the rest of the family on the first cruise, so we will have to pack up and switch, but I don't think I am too worried about that. I have heard people who have done the B2B say the last day of the first and first day of the second cruise may feel a little wasted, as you have to get off and back on the ship, and there is not much to do while they are readying for the next cruise..but I am happy to "waste" a day sitting on a Disney Ship!

Have fun making your decision!

Dahly
Dahly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

As of the other day, We plan on booking a BtoB for fall of 2011. The prices are FABULOUS! My dilemma is we are currently booked for a 7 night on the magic for fall 2010 and want to wait till that sailing to book the Dream. But because the bookings are available now, 2 years in advance, I wonder if there will be anything available at 1 year in advance? I want the benefits of onboard booking.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

We are back to back in April 2011 and I see no downside whatsoever. It was much less expensive than the Magic 7 day at the same time and we get to relax and not worry if we want to do something other than a show every night because we will have plenty of opportunity to see it. And if we want to experience other meal options, no worries because we already had that menu one night. I also think it will allow us to not think we have to order three entrees like I am known to do at a meal on the Magic so I can try everything - no worries, we'll be back.

We get 7 days to explore that beautiful new ship! And two stops at CC! Nothing better, except maybe 3 stops!

We also have been playing with the idea of treating Port Canaveral as a port stop and doing a kayaking trip in the morning or airboat ride or just going to the beach - but we also can just hop right back on the ship. Lots of choices!

I am totally getting into this idea and like it a lot!

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
clten
DIS Veteran

There are a number of people here who have reported doing it on the Wonder. We've done several B2B on the Magic and are scheduled for B2B on the Dream for the Maiden Voyage and the second sailing. We like to do longer cruises so doing the Dream was something we really had to think over. In the end, we decided that we would probably have enough to do with it being a large, new ship that we would not have to repeat activities just to have something to do. (Have a feeling we haven't yet seen all the innovations they are going to have on board.)

The other thought was repeating the menus twice in one week since we don't think food is DCL's strongest attribute. Again, figured we can handle it since two of the restaurants will be completely new and hopefully completely new menus and the third while not completely new, different enough. Plus there will be other options so we won't feel like we are eating the same food every day. So we are excited to do b2b even though they are 2 short cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
I have heard people who have done the B2B say the last day of the first and first day of the second cruise may feel a little wasted, as you have to get off and back on the ship
On the 3 b2b's we've done (with our fourth coming up in 2 weeks) we've never felt like we've wasted a day. The check-in process does waste some time but it is usually less than an hour. (Having to do the second lifeboat drill is the worst part of b2bs) The reward is having a big ship amost completely to yourself. If you have the same stateroom you really get an advantage because you have a free evening that you would have spent packing. When we've gotten back on board, the pools have always been open for us and we've had a lot of fun.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
MelissaE1
Wants to lose her veteran tag???
Truly believes in the MAGIC!

We are booked for Thanksgiving 2011 on the Dream and are seriously considering adding the 3 day before it while we are on the Wonder in a week and a half. It will be our first B2B and I'm pretty excited about it!

DL: Regularly for my first 30 years, and occasionally since
WDW: 5/01 Offsite ~ 5/02 POR ~ 11/02 ASM ~ 5/04 PC/WL ~ 9/04 POR (Ivan!) ~ 5/06 POR ~ 5/07 PC
11/09 PC/POR ~ 5/10 & 5/11 AS Sports (Soccer!) ~ 10/11 PC (Olivia's 1st visit)

DCL: Magic Eastern 1/03 Magic Western turned Eastern 10/22/05 Wonder 1/22/06 ~ BFF Cruise
Magic Western 3/21/09 Wonder 11/22/09 Fantasy 6/9/12 Next up: Transatlantic? Alaska? Med?
MelissaE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

We're B2B in Dec 2011. It will be out second. It probably won't be as big as deal as it would be doing it on the Magic or Wonder. You'll be on a newer, bigger ship so you'll have plenty of time to explore. Especially if you've done Nassau a few times and skip it on both legs.
DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
ufcabear
Mouseketeer

Great

I know what you mean about skipping Nassau. When people ask me where I am going on my 3/4 night cruises with Disney - I always say "who cares." I do like Castaway but I have been to Nassau enough. I would rather go to Key West.
ufcabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
stlkeeler
DIS Veteran

I am seriously considering b2b 5 days. I already have June 7, 2011 booked and want to add June 12 (another 5 day) or maybe June 4 (a 4 day). I've never done a b2b and I think this would be so cool! I am going on the EB TA in April so I might see about adding another with the discount and OBC. What do you think about 4 days at CC?! I don't know if my sunburned back could stand it!!
2000-June HAL Rotterdam 12 day Baltic+London & Paris 2008-June DCL 4 day Bahama Double Dip 2009-May DCL 7 day Western 2010-April DCL 14 day EBTA 2011-June DCL 5 day Bahama Double Dip 2012-May Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern+2 days WDW Pop Century
stlkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Whiskers
Mouseketeer

I have never done a back to back, and am thinking about it for our March booking we have made on the Dream. So when you get off the ship after the first cruise to re check in, can you leave all your luggage in your stateroom? (assuming you are keeping the same stateroom)
Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
I have never done a back to back, and am thinking about it for our March booking we have made on the Dream. So when you get off the ship after the first cruise to re check in, can you leave all your luggage in your stateroom? (assuming you are keeping the same stateroom)
Yup. If you have the same stateroom you can leave everything behind except the second cruiose's docs, passport, id and I would recommend cameras. We were able to to back to our stateroom after we got on the second cruise, but that depends on whether its' ready or not I think. We just dropped off our docs, etc.. and enjoyed walking around the near-empty ship.
DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We did B2Bs on the Wonder in 08 and are doing them again on the Dream in 11. Being on the ship with just a few of you on embarkatin day is so neat.

Also, I agree with what Castlegazer as saying...you dont have to worry about missing anything. I plan to do all 4 dinners and shows on the first cruise, then on the 2nd I will do Palo 1 night (it wont matter what night) and maybe skip the shows to do some other things.

As long as Im going some place warm with sun and palm trees, I dont care so much where it is...its more about time on the ship for me and with B2Bs you get to do a lot on the ship. Plus with CC twice I plan to just enjoy the beach once and then once do an excursion (parasail, jet skis, whatever the kids decide). Best of both worlds.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I'm considering a B2B for my birthday in November. With the new ship to explore, a new show (VILLANS!), new restaurants and TWO adult restaurants (when ARE they going to announce stuff about the second one???), there will be plenty to do and see onboard. Prices are looking good too!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: