Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #751
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Phew -glad Billy was right there! I love all your pics and it's so great to see them all the way at the end of the party still in their party gear! Billy still has his hat on! Did he leave it on all night? Their costumes just look so fabulous!

What a great night! Looking forward to AK!!

Sara

You brought up a very good point... I had been wondering if Billy would tolerate the hat and he loved it!! He also loved that he and his daddy dressed the same!

We brought a change of clothes for everyone, just in case... forgot to mention that we DID stop at the locker to pick up our stuff on the way out!!

Kathy
Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #752
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hey Kathy! Just wanted to let you know that I put up the 2nd part of our PTR. Didn't want to lose my beloved regular posters!!! Hurry over and say hi!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #753
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm so glad Billy wasn't lost for long! That is the absolute worst feeling in the world.

I still make Eric hold hands more often than not. We lost him at Mission Space last Feb and in Dowtown Seattle a year ago Thanksgiving. Until I can get him out of his own head, he will be holding hands for a while!

It does help peace of mind knowing that at least they know the phone number, resort and that kind of information but oh, that sinking feeling!

I think you are too hard on yourself with the newbie mistakes. It looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time, you can see it in the pictures and I am very glad you got to see the Evil Queen!

Good thing you remembered you had stuff in the locker, we forgot ours once, what a pain!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #754
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your title for this last chapter made my heart go into my stomach! WHEW! So glad he was right there!

And so glad you got to meet the Wicked Queen!!! It really did sound like a very successful and enjoyable night at the party, I bet everyone had a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Brook, we do own at SSR!

We stayed there for our very first DVC vacation in 2005... the resort wasn't even completed yet... lots of construction going on.

I wanted to stay at least once at every resort, but the THVs have a totally different look than the SSR villas, so it would "feel" like a different resort I guess!

Plus, I think it would be nice to experience SSR now that it is fully completed. I understand that the landscaping is gorgeous now!

Kathy
Ahhh! GOOD! That should make it easier to get one! I couldn't remember if you owned there or AKV....

I would say that THV is practically a different resort than SSR....sure it's part of it, but the theming and all is completely different.

SSRs grounds are very beautiful!! I loved the sidewalk along the riverfront. The boat ride to OKW and DTD is very enjoyable too.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #755
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your title for this last chapter made my heart go into my stomach! WHEW! So glad he was right there!

And so glad you got to meet the Wicked Queen!!! It really did sound like a very successful and enjoyable night at the party, I bet everyone had a wonderful time.

We did! You can never completely relax when you've got your children with you... you can get separated so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I would say that THV is practically a different resort than SSR....sure it's part of it, but the theming and all is completely different.

SSRs grounds are very beautiful!! I loved the sidewalk along the riverfront. The boat ride to OKW and DTD is very enjoyable too.

One of the real "selling points" of SSR was the easy walk/boat ride to DTD. But now that PI is only a skeleton of it's former self, I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully Disney has plans for PI that we don't know about yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm so glad Billy wasn't lost for long! That is the absolute worst feeling in the world.

I still make Eric hold hands more often than not. We lost him at Mission Space last Feb and in Dowtown Seattle a year ago Thanksgiving. Until I can get him out of his own head, he will be holding hands for a while!

Luckily, Billy doesn't mind at all! He's eleven, but not really eleven if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I think you are too hard on yourself with the newbie mistakes. It looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time, you can see it in the pictures and I am very glad you got to see the Evil Queen!

Good thing you remembered you had stuff in the locker, we forgot ours once, what a pain!

Honestly, I did forget about our stuff...thankfully Ed remembered it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hey Kathy! Just wanted to let you know that I put up the 2nd part of our PTR. Didn't want to lose my beloved regular posters!!! Hurry over and say hi!
Thanks! I'll be there!

Kathy
Old 02-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #756
Stacie96
Mouseketeer

Your last update title scared the heck out of me!!! I am so glad that you found Billy so quickly!! I guess you have him trained so well he was ready for another line !!!!! Cannot believe you have so many chapters and are just finishing the first day! Your trip report helps me get through till my next trip so make sure your report lasts for at least another 59 days!!

March 2002 - All-Stars Movies Resort
June 2005 - Carribean Beach Resort
June 2007 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
May 2008 - French Quarter Resort
April 2010 - POP Century
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #757
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

So glad you found Billy and that all was well. Sounds like ya'll had a magical night at MNSSHP!

Love the costumes, too!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #758
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness, I saw the title and my tummy dropped. So glad he was not far away. And his "sorry" sounded so cute. What a special kiddo Nice Malificent and Evil Queen pics.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #759
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie96 View Post
Your last update title scared the heck out of me!!! I am so glad that you found Billy so quickly!! I guess you have him trained so well he was ready for another line !!!!! Cannot believe you have so many chapters and are just finishing the first day! Your trip report helps me get through till my next trip so make sure your report lasts for at least another 59 days!!
The way I write 'em, it probably will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
So glad you found Billy and that all was well. Sounds like ya'll had a magical night at MNSSHP!

Love the costumes, too!
Thanks, Mary! The party was so much fun... I'm sorry they don't have the Pirate & Princess parties anymore. That would have been a fun addition to your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Oh goodness, I saw the title and my tummy dropped. So glad he was not far away. And his "sorry" sounded so cute. What a special kiddo Nice Malificent and Evil Queen pics.

I will have to be more careful in the future... I scared a whole bunch of my friends! Funny how the older kids were more excited about meeting the Villains than Mickey and the gang!

Kathy
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #760
familyblackout
Earning My Ears

From the title of that chapter, I'm glad that wasn't a cliffhanger!
MNSSHP looks like so much fun. DS adores the characters, though he doesn't know who some of them are. He would be very confused as to why I wanted him to take a picture with seven dudes wearing funny hats.
I'm glad you all had a good time at the party, I'm really enjoying reading the TR!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #761
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyblackout View Post
From the title of that chapter, I'm glad that wasn't a cliffhanger!
MNSSHP looks like so much fun. DS adores the characters, though he doesn't know who some of them are. He would be very confused as to why I wanted him to take a picture with seven dudes wearing funny hats.
I'm glad you all had a good time at the party, I'm really enjoying reading the TR!

Thanks!

There seems to be such a small window of opportunity when it comes to kids and characters... between the age when they are frightened of them and the age when they become indifferent to them!

It's most fun to see them in that in-between time!

Thanks for "coming out" to post!

Kathy
Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #762
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

So glad Billy was found.

Your narrative was written beautifully and helped me capture the intimacy of that moment where you and Billy hugged....mother and son....
Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #763
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I agree that it would be way too much if you attempted the party on either arrival or departure day.

FDM alert: With the money you are now "saving" by not buying MVMCP tickets, you can let Santa hit the gift shops for stocking stuffers!!

Yes and it's ok...there will be many trips and you never know when it would work out another one...I am so OK w/ it.

and yes...my souvenir budget is mighty high for this trip....Santa's bag will be FULL!!!

Quote:

This is a great picture

wonderful post and so cool to meet

your night sure was excellent...and I am sure you were scared when Billy was "lost" but that is so sweet how he was moving on to the next character...

wonderful post Kathy!

J~
Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #764
toy
Mouseketeer

I'm so subscribing to this report. Your son sounds a lot like my dd9. I'm so glad you found him. Because of your report I ordered ID bracelets for her and her siblings as well as dog tags for her. She will NOT talk to very many strangers. She gets a little freaked.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #765
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
So glad Billy was found.

Your narrative was written beautifully and helped me capture the intimacy of that moment where you and Billy hugged....mother and son....

Thanks, Jordan. He will be my baby, always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post

and yes...my souvenir budget is mighty high for this trip....Santa's bag will be FULL!!!

your night sure was excellent...and I am sure you were scared when Billy was "lost" but that is so sweet how he was moving on to the next character...

wonderful post Kathy!

J~

Thanks, Scrappie! It was if, in that one moment, it didn't matter if we had met two characters or twenty... the only thing I cared about was finding Billy! Luckily for me, he had not gone too far, thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy View Post
I'm so subscribing to this report. Your son sounds a lot like my dd9. I'm so glad you found him. Because of your report I ordered ID bracelets for her and her siblings as well as dog tags for her. She will NOT talk to very many strangers. She gets a little freaked.

Hello and Welcome Aboard!

We used the Runners' I.D. tag that velcroes onto the shoelaces... Ed wears one when he runs "just in case." We included the fact that he is autistic so CMs would understand why he wasn't able to talk normally with them.

I see you are planning a romantic Disney weekend very soon! How lovely! Ed and I have done that twice and I'm hoping to convince him to do it again for my 50th birthday (which is oh so very far away!)

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: