Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #61
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I think I must have responded to your first update in your PTR instead here! Do you have it in both places or am I cracking up?!

I've been on the Staten Island Expressway more times then I care to think about and I hate it every time!

Darn traffic! I'm super impressed you didn't freak! I would have!!

To late to check the bags!! OH NO!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #62
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Subbing! So excited you started your TR! But urgh...stressful airport situations, far from exciting. Hope it all turned out ok...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #63
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am officially stressed just reading this!

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fly list?
ME too !!!!
The description of the ride is one of the reasons I left NY!

I think no matter where you are, the day of your trip, the whole getting packed up and to the airport is so stressful. I always take that first "vacation is here" breath when I am securely sitting in my seat on the plane.

How I hope this is the worst of it.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #64
jlovesee
DIS Veteran

This is my first post to any of your trip reports, but I wanted to reply due to your airline predicament! Several years ago my husband and I, going down for our first trip to the world got stuck at the Detroit airport during a 12 hour delay! (not weather related). I found out later that this was supposed to be the day my husband proposed to me too, trust me its awful at the time, but a great story in hindsight. After that I NEVER wish for an airline delay.

BTW your writing is WONDERFUL, I go back sometimes and re-read your trip reports for a good disney fix. It also strikes home for me personally as I was recently (finally) diagnosed with a milder version of AS (Aspergers). It was a huge weight off my back finding out I wasn't REALLY insane, and that I was really an ok person. It does take all kinds to make up this crazy world.

I am anxiously waiting for your next segment!

Jennifer

www.JeffreyandJennifer.com

OKW/BWV JAN 2015 | POP TOT 10 Miler 2014 | BCV/BLT JAN 2014 | POR SWW MAY 2013 | WLV JAN 2013 | AKV SWW/JUNE 2012 | OKW JAN 2012 | POP SWW MAY 2011 | BLT JAN 2011 | POR AUG 2010 | BWV/POLY ANNIV 2010 | Free Dining Pop Century AUG 2009 | WLV ANNIV 2009 | OKW/POR IAAPA 2008 | Disneyland Off-Site March 2008| OKW/POP ANNIV 2008 | POR DEC 2007 | POR Nov 2006 | CSR June 2006 | POP Aniv. 2005 & 2006 | CSR Summer 2004 | WL Aniv 2004 | Grand Californian New Years 2004 | Royal Pacific IAAPA 2003 | WL/AK/PB/Disney Cruise Anniv 2003 | POFQ Summer 2002 | WL Concierge Honeymoon 2002 | AS MOVIES Pre-Wedding | CSR - Summer 2001 Planning Session | WL Engagement 2000 | WDW Off Property 1990 & 1994 | Disneyland 1985
Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #65
shortkathleen
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! Can't wait for your next installment!!

December 2009 SSR

December 2010 SSR/Beach Club
June 2011 Typhoon Lagoon
February 2012 Beach Club Villas
March 2013 Disney Cruise

May/June 2013 AKL/Boardwalk
July 2013 POR/Contemporary (Agent Ed)
January 2014 POR/OKW/Boardwalk (Agent Ed)
July 2014 OKW (Couples Only)
Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #66
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
My heart just sank---too late to check your luggage? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out and that no one has to deal with lost baggage---that would be a less than magical way to start a vacation.
I'll say this... that flight was the least magical part of our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
We never fly so now I am dying to know what do they do when you can't check your bags? Are they small enough to be carry-ons? Do they charge you $$$$$$ to put them on another flight?

Hopefully you will post the next installment soon.
Those were the thoughts going through our minds at that very moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Oh no! How does the story end?

Guess we'll just have to see.....

I hope you popped enough for everyone, Jordan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
oooh, oooh, I'm in- it's great to see someone who understands DD's sense of humor!

Oh goodness, I'm anxious to hear what happened w/ your bags!
Hello and
I'm making so many new DIS-friends with this report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Double YIKES........! Please don't leave us in suspense too long!!!!!
I will try... hopefully next installment Monday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Oh No!! Don't leave us hanging too long...
I'll try, Amy!!

Kathy
Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #67
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Those lovely Long Island Airports. lol Such fun!

I HATE being late! Guess that's why I often dream about missing a plane, an appointment, picking up a kid....

My worst nightmare! I'm glued to the computer in hope of finding the next installment soon!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #68
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am here and going back to read!
Don't worry, I'm only on Chapter Two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Kathy,

I'm here and my BP is up just imagining you trying to get to the airport in time and then being told that you can't check your bags...

(btw...what is the no fly list?)

I'm thinking of using JFK for our trips next year because air is almost always cheaper than out of Philly (or Newark sometimes) so I'm finding your experience with the airport extra interesting...

so sweet that Billy was so looking forward to his trip that everyone at his school knew all about it...

The No Fly List is a security thing since 9/11... You can't do the automatic check-in, you have to personally show your ID to an airline rep and check in the "old-fashioned way." I'm not sure how we got on the list (the entire family!) but it must've been either a random thing or that we have the same last name as a known terrorist! Its more of a nuisance than anything else.

Another wacky thing is that Ed's bag always gets opened and searched by the TSA... it makes him really mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks730 View Post
I'm here!

Oh no! A cliffhanger! (they should have a "cliffhanger" smilie, and if they did, it would go here)

A comment on the "vacation diet"...bah! Who needs to eat right on VACATION? Cookies for dinner are perfectly acceptable!

Can't wait for more!
I'm glad I brought those cookies. Hey, they were oatmeal raisin... at least we got some fiber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am officially stressed just reading this!

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fly list?
Yeah... see above... I'm about it, myself!

I promise you all that I am definitely NOT a terrorist!!

Kathy
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #69
joy13
DIS Veteran

That's crazy about the no fly list! How did you find out about it?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #70
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #71
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
Excellent cliffhanger! But really, i don't think you need to worry about keeping us coming back.. we're in it for the long haul
Thanks, that's very kind of you to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I think I must have responded to your first update in your PTR instead here! Do you have it in both places or am I cracking up?!

I've been on the Staten Island Expressway more times then I care to think about and I hate it every time!

Darn traffic! I'm super impressed you didn't freak! I would have!!

To late to check the bags!! OH NO!!!

I'm not sure if the PTR was moved to the completed board yet... but I'm not posting on it anymore.

I wasn't freaking about the traffic because its one of those things that is out of our hands. Perhaps it was just a form of denial, but I kept telling myself that there were worse things that could happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! So excited you started your TR! But urgh...stressful airport situations, far from exciting. Hope it all turned out ok...
From that point, there was nowhere to go but up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
ME too !!!!
The description of the ride is one of the reasons I left NY!

I think no matter where you are, the day of your trip, the whole getting packed up and to the airport is so stressful. I always take that first "vacation is here" breath when I am securely sitting in my seat on the plane.

How I hope this is the worst of it.
Ed is the same way; he never relaxes until he's got his seatbelt on and we're ready to take off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovesee View Post
This is my first post to any of your trip reports, but I wanted to reply due to your airline predicament! Several years ago my husband and I, going down for our first trip to the world got stuck at the Detroit airport during a 12 hour delay! (not weather related). I found out later that this was supposed to be the day my husband proposed to me too, trust me its awful at the time, but a great story in hindsight. After that I NEVER wish for an airline delay.

BTW your writing is WONDERFUL, I go back sometimes and re-read your trip reports for a good disney fix. It also strikes home for me personally as I was recently (finally) diagnosed with a milder version of AS (Aspergers). It was a huge weight off my back finding out I wasn't REALLY insane, and that I was really an ok person. It does take all kinds to make up this crazy world.

I am anxiously waiting for your next segment!

Jennifer

Thanks for joining me, Jennifer!

Have you read any of the books by William Stillman? He's an adult with Asperger's and you may enjoy his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortkathleen View Post
Subscribing! Can't wait for your next installment!!
I laughed when I read your user name... you could call me "tallkathleen" I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Those lovely Long Island Airports. lol Such fun!

I HATE being late! Guess that's why I often dream about missing a plane, an appointment, picking up a kid....

My worst nightmare! I'm glued to the computer in hope of finding the next installment soon!
I hope you will get unstuck soon... sounds painful!

Kathy
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #72
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
That's crazy about the no fly list! How did you find out about it?
We found out the first time we travelled after 9/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Sorry to give you such a fright, Hedy!

Kathy
Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #73
KathyRN137

Arrow Hello

Hey, DIS-friends!

I'm fighting off a cold or something and slept most of the day away. I guess my body needed the rest!

I'm trying to get all of our pix uploaded onto photobucket and our photopass pix edited onto the CD I'm sharing with a bunch of you.

Hopefully there will be an update tomorrow...

In other news... we're thinking tentatively of February, 2011 (Presidents Week) for our next family adventure. I guess I'll be calling that report the "Presidential Adventure in Autism!"

Kathy
Old 11-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #74
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hey, DIS-friends!

I'm fighting off a cold or something and slept most of the day away. I guess my body needed the rest!

I'm trying to get all of our pix uploaded onto photobucket and our photopass pix edited onto the CD I'm sharing with a bunch of you.

Hopefully there will be an update tomorrow...

In other news... we're thinking tentatively of February, 2011 (Presidents Week) for our next family adventure. I guess I'll be calling that report the "Presidential Adventure in Autism!"

Kathy
YAY!!!!!!! 2011 is when I'll be in Disney, Workinngggg !!!
Hope you feel better!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #75
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

OH NOOOOOOOOO! Too late to check in the bags!?? I"m chuckling just a little by the fact that she bothered to ask if you had luggage, if she wasnt' going to let you check it in... Was she just making a cruel joke or something?

I loved that little glimpse you gave us into Billy's silly games. What a sweet vignette. I can just imagine the giggles and girly hum going on all the way to the airport too! Love it all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: