Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Club Cool--possibly going the way of the Christmas lights?

I noticed last Saturday at least 3 or 4 "drink stations" were not working at all, and those that were had missing flavors. Now the Sentinel confirms...

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/...ol-going-flat/

Also, article missed it but it looked to me like most of the Coke/American Idol specific merchandise has been pulled and replaced with generic Mickey/Disney merch.

Anyone heard anything? Just sloppiness on the part of Coke, or is this the next EPCOT cutback?
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

It seems it has been doing that quite often ever since it became Club Cool.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Yeah, that sounds like normal operations to me...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Yea, things have just not been the same since they changed the whole concept of the place. It USED to be a pretty neat place to explore with the ice room and all. Now it's a big dud. Not the least bit interesting. Go ahead Disney, close it, you know you want to...................
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

If it wasn't for my unhealthy obsession with Smart Watermelon, I wouldn't mind too much, however it would be one more thing they take away from the guest experience if they decide to close it down, which seeing how Epcot has been run lately is a very bad trend.

I wouldn't miss the constantly sticky floors though!

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

I agree the operations have been spotty for years now, but went again last night, and it's definitely the worst it's ever been. Also, as I said, all the AI stuff seems to be gone, and other than some Christmas items, not a lot of Coke-branded stuff left.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Even though I do not expect to get an honest answer, I'm going to ask someone next week when we take our regular monthly 2 day trip, what the heck is going on there.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
Stumpy
Mouseketeer

I watched a special last night on MSNBC about Coke and one of their new products in development is a dispenser that uses a touch screen LCD for people to make their selections. The flavors are pre-loaded cartridges similar to the technology you would see with your home PC printer. The dispensers have a very large variety of drinks that can be "loaded" and the machines can even offer Coke real-time feedback on product sales.

It is only a dream, but this would be an ideal place to offer such machines. It would fit nicely into Epcot's futuristic and technologically advanced themes, and the machines could be tested for functionality and durability at Epcot. Most likely, though, Coke may be looking to scale back their expenditures given flat sales (no pun intended) over the last decade. As far as pulling the Coke and AI merchandise, did it really sell to begin with?
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
Even though I do not expect to get an honest answer, I'm going to ask someone next week when we take our regular monthly 2 day trip, what the heck is going on there.
Good for you for setting your expectations really low.

I'll be on the lookout for your non-committal, rather unhelpful, the-DIS-boards-know-more than-the-CMs answer!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: