Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

DCL website,Update: 12/15/09 Barcelona/August 2011Med trips changed to 7 nights

DCL updated website the trans Atlantic shore trips are added. 11/12

Including Barcelona.

Also see later in this thread re some Med cruises in 2011 being suspended from sale.

UPDATE

We are now informed that there will be a release of six new seven day cruises on December the 15th. These will home port again in Barcelona and will sail clockwise around the Med to Italian ports.

It is expected these cruises will have a tie in with Adventures ashore by Disney
.


SEE LATER IN THREAD

Post 517: Summary http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post34648611




Looks like they are coming up in stages, so more Med ones soon, then Baltic later..



Cant wait for the Baltic ones they will be fantastic, and lots of people might be tempted to book.

Last edited by Andrew DEREK UK; 12-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

.

Last edited by Andrew DEREK UK; 12-13-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
pixie08
DIS Veteran
 
pixie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,978

I just saw them on the site. Some interesting Barcelona tours. I like the choc factory. It's something i probably would not do on my own.

How do the Barcelona tours work? Can we do them the day before the cruise or is it the day of the cruise?

Here's hoping Med & Baltic excursions are coming soon!
__________________
Mary
Too many times to count…
pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 AM   #4
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I just saw them on the site. Some interesting Barcelona tours. I like the choc factory. It's something i probably would not do on my own.

How do the Barcelona tours work? Can we do them the day before the cruise or is it the day of the cruise?

Here's hoping Med & Baltic excursions are coming soon!
The Barcelona ones work slightly differently to others as I recall.

If you are booking a pre cruise hotel stay they are available on set days. You can also book the day of embarkation on some, so board, and then get back off as it leaves late night.

Also if incoming from TA, you can book for the day you are docked at Barcelona.
Basically I would do it myself...No need to go on a tour its all compact and easy to find walk, or get public transport..
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Some of you might have noticed, but since yesterday on the website, the Med 10/11 night cruises from 7/30/2011, have had bookings suspended.

DCL agents are no longer taking reservations on Med cruises on the Magic from that date.

Announcements are due...

NO Effect on 2010 trips.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks
 
Carys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 836

Hmm, doesn't look like the Sept '11 TA has been affected by the booking freeze...is the Magic changing its August itineraries to other European cities?
__________________
Planned: EBPC (Wonder), VGF Sept '14
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
Hmm, doesn't look like the Sept '11 TA has been affected by the booking freeze...is the Magic changing its August itineraries to other European cities?
Exact information is hard to get at this moment, and this is a very recent development in the last few days.

We know Med cruises 7/30/2011 onwards have reservations suspended.

We know they haven't been selling well.

I bet they are busy contacting ports and changing dates.

Announcement due in due course.

I agree the Sept TA Still is open for bookings.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks
 
Carys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 836

Very interesting - I wonder what the likelihood would be of them switching the departure port from Barcelona to somewhere else to fit in with new Euro itineraries - I'm on the TA so will be watching this with interest!
__________________
Planned: EBPC (Wonder), VGF Sept '14
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
Very interesting - I wonder what the likelihood would be of them switching the departure port from Barcelona to somewhere else to fit in with new Euro itineraries - I'm on the TA so will be watching this with interest!
Well I tested a booking for the Sept TA, in 2011, and was able to do it.

Now as posted we know the Website, and DCL have suspended any reservations in the Med from 7/30/2011.

So

Does the Sept TA Move? you are offered new dates say 7/30>8/13 return to PC?

Or

Is the Magic changing ports in the Med?

Recent developments, little information on this, but something is up..
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
kaseyC


Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake Villa, IL
Posts: 4,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
Exact information is hard to get at this moment, and this is a very recent development in the last few days.

We know Med cruises 7/30/2011 onwards have reservations suspended.

We know they haven't been selling well.

I bet they are busy contacting ports and changing dates.

Announcement due in due course.

I agree the Sept TA Still is open for bookings.

Yep, we had a couple of friends who got the call. Late July and all of August Med cruises canceled (reservations suspended). As of right now, they moved to an earlier date and are waiting further developments.

I knew 2011 Med cruises were not selling well but I didn't expect this, just some possible discounting.

Who knows maybe they are moving the ship to an Eastern Med itinerary for the rest of the summer 2011. Now, that would be cool.
__________________
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Yep, we had a couple of friends who got the call. Late July and all of August Med cruises canceled (reservations suspended). As of right now, they moved to an earlier date and are waiting further developments.

I knew 2011 Med cruises were not selling well but I didn't expect this, just some possible discounting.

Who knows maybe they are moving the ship to an Eastern Med itinerary for the rest of the summer 2011. Now, that would be cool.
Yes appears a consistent but brief message at the moment, three years in the Med, two back to back, focus on the DREAM and Alaska, and additional capacity of 8,000 passengers a week, ( Dream 4,000 x 2 a week).

Something has to give, and excite passengers more.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #12
Pluto,
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,465

i think a lot of dcl fans are tired of the med. they need new ports to keep the excitement. with the wonder doing alaska cruises and the dream coming out the med doesnt sound that good anymore. i would like to see the baltic cruise at a decent price not 8,000 dollars for 2 people for an inside stateroom.
dcl with the new ships coming out they are going to have to get a lot more dcl fans or have huge discounts.
Pluto, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #13
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto, View Post
i think a lot of dcl fans are tired of the med. they need new ports to keep the excitement. with the wonder doing Alaska cruises and the dream coming out the med doesnt sound that good anymore. i would like to see the Baltic cruise at a decent price not 8,000 dollars for 2 people for an inside stateroom.
dcl with the new ships coming out they are going to have to get a lot more dcl fans or have huge discounts.
Exact and great points, need greater interest, new ports, they have to attract more cruisers. This is the first casualty.


NOTE

Thread title changed to greater reflect the topic, and the confirmations coming in.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #14
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks
 
Carys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 836

I wish they would offer Adventures By Disney and European Cruise packages tied in with the departure port (with some sort of discount) the same way they have the 3/4 Land and Sea packages. That'd make me consider seriously extending my vacation.
__________________
Planned: EBPC (Wonder), VGF Sept '14
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)

Last edited by Carys; 11-14-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #15
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
I wish they would offer Adventures By Disney and European Cruise packages tied in with the departure port (with some sort of discount) the same way they have the 3/4 Land and Sea packages. That'd make me consider seriously extending my vacation.
Would be logical for us, and a great cross sale for them...
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCL Picture of the Day - Part 3 lbgraves Disney Cruise Line Forum 3752 02-06-2011 05:35 PM
Deyki's Make-A-Wish - 12/15 - Maybe not MomTo4+more Completed Trip Reports 423 02-16-2010 06:30 PM
Last trip was in 2000 Disney Newby Welcome to the DIS 8 12-10-2009 08:53 PM
Overwhelmed! re: DCL ScrappinGran DVC Member Services 17 11-17-2009 10:39 AM
Frequent WDW visitors- 3 goals for your next trip? puffkin Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 65 11-13-2009 10:23 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: