Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Showstopping Pies

I am looking for your best pie recipes! These need to be your favorite, best tasting, show stopping pies! I am going to 2 pie parties before Thanksgiving, and need some wonderful things to take along. I have my own tried and true, but would love some suggestions and recipes for pies you love!

Thanks in advance.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
kehouse
Mouseketeer

this is one my sister makes, it is a favorite at one of our best restaurants in town.
hearth's desire pie
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup sweetend coconut
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1 stick margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 pie crust, baked

in medium-sized bowl, mix flour, eggs and sugar gradually.add margarine and vanilla. stir in chips, coconut, and pecans. pour into baked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
kehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehouse View Post
this is one my sister makes, it is a favorite at one of our best restaurants in town.
hearth's desire pie
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup sweetend coconut
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1 stick margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 pie crust, baked

in medium-sized bowl, mix flour, eggs and sugar gradually.add margarine and vanilla. stir in chips, coconut, and pecans. pour into baked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This sounds so yummy! Sounds like one I make called derby pie. Only it uses semi sweet chocolate chips instead of butterscotch. I'm going to have to try this one!

Thank you so much!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #4
kehouse
Mouseketeer

it looks alot like a derby pie. you could fancy it up a bit with some real whipped cream and caramel drizzle. i may even add some toffee bits.
hope some others come up with some ideas for you. i'll keep looking.
kehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: