Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
No need to give me a push...I'm jumping right on in!
No pushing here...It is a strictly stand in line and take your turn kind of PTR... and keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sooooo far behind on your TR but I'm getting in on this one from the start!!
Hey Amy......welcome over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
I'm in!
Really, really glad to have you here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
pssttttttt...

New Disney Couture bags just rolled out....

Not showing a new D&B yet but there are some mighty cute things!
Already with the enabling and I haven't even gotten out of the starting gate...I am in so much trouble...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #32
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
17 posts in and you start with the bag talk already?

Okay, I'm in.
Bag talk is fun sometimes...hmmm....btw...how did all that shopping go...you know Mr. Kenneth Cole/Steve Madden...J. Crew guy?....hehehehe....

Glad your here Jordan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
Another lurker stopping in to say hello

i read your last TR and am along for the ride!
fp....glad your here for the ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
They have the D&B bag at the parks, although it's mighty hard to find. I may have succeeded though ...
Do you have a secret source...so tell what did you score...?...I'm waiting to buy till after Christmas...I want to see if they do come out with any other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Well I didn't make it until page 2, but I'm here now!
Hey Mrs. Darling...glad you're along for the ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
I'm here and ready for more!
I glad you are here and hopefully I can provide a little more soon...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #33
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here!!! (and before page 6! )

Your pics made me homesick for NYC. It's been too long since I've been back. I miss the MOMA!
Hey B......you should go back with Henry...for a family vaca...or not for a romantic trip......if you go off season you could get a good airfare...maybe we could have a Dis Meet in NY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I didn't make it over in time to be on page one. I am utterly ashamed of myself.

Welcome April...it doesn't matter when you got here...it's that you got here that counts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
I'm here! And it looks like we are just going to miss you - I have us planned to arrived on 10/14 next year!
Is everyone going right after us......I'm going to have to look at those dates...except Alice's BD is the 7th...Da*n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I still have a lot of catching up to do on your other report, but I wanted to be here from the start!!

Kathy
...Oh wow...you're back...that went fast for me so it must have flown for you...(except the illness...but you haven't gotten to that yet on your TR..you're just making it to the Airport......Welcome to the PTR...

Old 11-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #34
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

PPP!!!! OH no...I'm channeling my inner White Rabbit here (hope David doesn't mind) BUT I"M LATE...I'm LATE for a VERY important Date!!!! How in the world did I miss this...I swear I need a GPS just to find my way around the DIS sometimes!!

Well you can definitely count me in!! I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of your family!!!!!

Oh and Nobby says he'll be following along...he's interested in what his pal Jedi Mickey is up to!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #35
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...

I just had one of those startling realizations today that are so obvious that you think you should have obviously realized it already because it is so obvious...

Our trip to Paris/DLP is in 4 months + a week...

Our trip to WDW is in 10 months + a couple of weeks...

So what you might ask...?

Well the issue that I have just realized is this...

One week after we come back from Paris...will be our 180 days out from Alice's 16th at WDW so...

I have to plan that trip simultaneously with the Paris trip...

So that I will know what ADRs we need......to make the week after we return...

Because apparently... it is easier to get reservations to eat in restaurants in one of the dining capitals of the world (Paris) than it is to get a reservation at Le Cellier or CRT...

So I am starting to brainstorm both trips simultaneously... (well as of today at least...)

PARIS/DLP

Since Hatter and I have been to Paris before...I don't feel the need to go totally loco and see everything like mad...I want (this sounds so cliche) for the kids to get a feeling for the city and the cultural differences and just enjoy being there...with that in mind...my plan is to try not to do more than two major attractions a day...one in the morning and one in the afternoon with a lovely lunch out at a restaurant at lunch...

We may do a breakfast or two out as well as a dinner out...but I thought since we are renting an apartment that we would have the fun of going to the markets and having meals in the appartment as well...

Today I was also thinking (yes my head is hurting...) that it might be fun to have something kind of French for dinner once a week-like French Fridays and along with that maybe watch some movies after dinner to tie in... (especially for Rabbit) I've been trying to think of some Disney films...but as of now...I've only come up with three...

Aristocats...

Hunchback of Notre Dame...

& of course

Ratatouille...

I am blanking on any others...(I know some/many of the Princesses are French but there isn't anything overtly French about them...

Am I missing anything?

(The Madeline movie is cute too...not Disney but that's ok...

So while that's going on on one hand...

WDW/Alice's 16th BDAY...

I'm starting to think about how we are going to carry out Alice's B-day theme...(btw-we won't be going to AK this trip since it is shorter and we had a very AK/L focused trip last time around...

Since we'll be there for 6 days/ 5 nights (shorter than our usual week) in some ways I feel more pressure to make sure I pick the best ADRs since we'll be having less of them......so should I slavishly stick to the Alice i W/English kind of theme.......

or

mix it up a bit and add some more funky teenage kinds of stuff also...

ie...

very Alicey ADRs...

-Tea at the Grand Floridian
-Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare w/ Alice and the Mad Hatter and MP
-maybe a lunch or dinner at the Rose and Crown in the UK WS

in between ADRs...

-Birthday dinner at Cali Grill with cake (they've been doing some really nice stuff...I've been peeking at the Cake boards...I know I could do a Alice cake but I also saw a fabulous Haunted Mansion Cake...

not as Alicey-but I know she would like...

-dinner in Japan at Teppan Edo (with shopping in the Japanese Dept store...)
-dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (since we are staying in the WL...)

What to do...what to do......Should I stick purely to the theme or mix it up...maybe like a cool, funky, modern Alice in Wonderland?

and meanwhile I want Rabbit to have a good time too since this is going to be a very Alice focused trip...

Old 11-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #36
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Hey Patricia...I heard the commercial for this and thought I'd share. Looks interesting!

http://www.syfy.com/alice/index.php
Thanks for this......It does look pretty interesting...I'd like to see it...thanks for thinking of me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
very good....
Jordan is just jealous that Manbags haven't really caught on so he can't fully participate in those conversations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
PPP!!!! OH no...I'm channeling my inner White Rabbit here (hope David doesn't mind) BUT I"M LATE...I'm LATE for a VERY important Date!!!! How in the world did I miss this...I swear I need a GPS just to find my way around the DIS sometimes!!

Well you can definitely count me in!! I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of your family!!!!!

Oh and Nobby says he'll be following along...he's interested in what his pal Jedi Mickey is up to!!!
I know what you mean about a GPS system to navigate the boards...

It's not important that your late but it's great that you're here now...

Oh yes...actually I have a few photos for Nobby to see...we had a gnome show up claiming to be Nobby see David but luckily JM was here to send the imposter packing...
Old 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

YIKES! I'm not suprised that your head hurts!

Your trip to Paris sounds so lovely!! Can I stow away in your bag?

What are DD's opinions on the trip in the fall? Let her pick a few of the meals and then throw a few suprises in there for her. I think WDW is a theme in and of itself really. Throwing another theme in on top of that may become a little overwhelming!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #38
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of French Fridays!! How cute!! That sounds like a really fun way to build up excitement for the trip.

As far as a theme for the WDW trip... I guess it depends what you guys like. Our theme is usually "Where can we find chicken nuggets?"
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #39
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I love the Young George Washington. He's so adorable!

You must eat at Rose & Crown...it's so yummy and I think you'd really like it. Have you been there before?

I kinda like the idea of mixing up the theme a bit. You can still do a lot of Alice focused thing but throw in some more "funky" things in there.

I'm trying to think of French themed movies....but I can't. All I can think of is Beauty & The Beast.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #40
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

You have to add Beauty and the Beast LOL definitely a French film LOL!!! They also put Aurora in France so that might be another film, Sleeping Beauty, you add to the list. BTW if I'm not mistaken Cinderella is also a French fairy tale so it might be safe to assume that it also takes place in France.

I'm all for a Haunted Mansion cake but my vote is totally bias LOL!!!!!

Love the photos and your plans so far sound amazing...ooh a bday dinner at Cali Grill...you will have such a great time with that!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #41
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

David made a great George Washington, I adore his costume!
All of your thinking today is giving me a headache tonight!
This 180 day ADR mark is getting the best of me too. I have to start thinking about our June trip in like a week..... and you have already given me a sympathy headache!

wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #42
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I shall start thinking of les livres de Francaise tout de suite! (My French is so rusty there is no telling if I wrote that correctly. )

I love the idea of the French Fridays -- are you just limiting yourself to Disney movies? Some that aren't Disney that Emily and you might enjoy (David probably not so much) that come to mind are, Funny Face with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, French Kiss with Kevin Kline and Meg Ryan, and To Catch a Thief with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly set in Monte Carlo (in fact, it was while filming this movie that Grace Kelly met Prince Rainier).

Okay, I am super impressed with Emily's Greek costume and David's George Washington.

Another vote for mixing up the theme a bit for the 16th birthday celebration!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #43
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I love the idea for french Fridays. What a great way to get in a vacation mood now. I have to agree with everyone else for mixing it up a bit on the theme. I'd go with a basic plan, but mix in a few non-themed surpises.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #44
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I think mixing the Alice theme up with something more modern teen is a great idea. After all it is Emily's birthday and she should get to do things she will love without being forced into a strict theme (not that I think you would ever do that, just trying to make a point). Will it be a surprise trip or will she get to help you plan it? It sounded like she really enjoyed getting involved in planning your last trip, so perhaps that would be fun for her as well to be part of the planning team?

Would she be interested in the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? This has a age limit, you have to be at least 16 to go on it.

I am trying to think of French films to see. I think it is a wonderful idea! The first that came into mind was "An American in Paris", but then I started to think more along the line of real French films. "Chocolat" is still American, but feels very French. But "Amelie from Montmartre" is French and has wonderful pictures. I also really liked "Monsieur Ibrahim". I think they all might be a bit over the top for David. I will try to come up with a few more films... You could always get an Asterix film, they are truly very French!

I think your idea of making use of the kitchen is great! It is actually nice to have a relaxing evening at home after a long day in my experience and you will also be battling the jet lag anyway. And you are right, there are so many interesting food things to buy!

I also meant to write for ages about your dates: If I see it correctly you will arrive about 1.5 weeks before Easter. The week before and after Easter are traditional spring break in most parts of Europe and this will be really crowded at DLP. So going to DLP on a weekday in the first half of your time there might be adviseable! Unless they start having much longer park hours the week after and you are up for a long day there.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #45
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I can see why your head hurts!

Paris.

Movies. Definitely add in Beauty! While some of the others may be french fairy tales, they don't feel french. Belle does.

I love that you will have an apartment, absolutely the way to go, it makes for a deeper, richer experience. So fun!

For David...I'll muddle on that one!

Emily's birthday

I vote for some kind of mad hatter cake, they are SO cool! Dinner wise I would probably mix it up and let her have input, I know my kids love to read the menu's and help pick the ADR's.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: