Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Question California Grill - Help Me Choose A Time

Hey everyone

I am hoping you can help me decide on my ADR time for California Grill?

According to the WDW calendar Wishes will be showing at 10pm on the night we have selected to have dinner there

It's a table for two for me and DH and I have two options available

7.35pm or 8.50pm

I understand that if you have an earlier dinner you can come back into the restaurant if you keep your receipt in order to view the fireworks from the outside deck?

If we take the 7.35pm ADR we were thinking of going for a stroll and then returning just before 10pm as I can't imagine making our dinner last until 10pm.

I am also guessing that unless you are lucky enough to get a window table that you would probably go outside to view the fireworks anyway?

If we go for the 8.50pm ADR then we would almost certainly still have our table when the fireworks start but I wasn't totally sold on eating so late as we are flying home the next day

What do you all think?

I am so looking forward to our evening there so would love you advice on the most enjoyable way of doing this

If we would be most likely to go outside anyway then perhaps the early option isn't such a bad idea?

Can you hear the music out on the deck?

Sorry, one more question - would the EWP be just before Wishes?

Thanks guys
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Honestly? What I would do is eat at 5:30 and have a wonderful view in the daylight, enjoy a leisurely dinner and then go to MK for a bit and pop back over to the CG for the fireworks later.

We did an early dinner and it was perfect, except the horrible thunder and lightening rain storm cancelled any hopes of going back for fireworks
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I understand that if you have an earlier dinner you can come back into the restaurant if you keep your receipt in order to view the fireworks from the outside deck?
Yes that's correct, just go back to the 2nd floor check-in with your reciept and they will let you in the elevator to the restaurant.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Honestly? What I would do is eat at 5:30 and have a wonderful view in the daylight, enjoy a leisurely dinner and then go to MK for a bit and pop back over to the CG for the fireworks later.

We did an early dinner and it was perfect, except the horrible thunder and lightening rain storm cancelled any hopes of going back for fireworks
Thanks for this - so you think that viewing the fireworks on the deck is just as good (or better) than bagging a window seat and staying inside?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes that's correct, just go back to the 2nd floor check-in with your reciept and they will let you in the elevator to the restaurant.
Great thanks for this - I think the ealier option is probably going to work better for us
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Thanks for this - so you think that viewing the fireworks on the deck is just as good (or better) than bagging a window seat and staying inside?
Oh yes I do....we had a great table right along the windows (they say when you check in early for the first seating you are almost promised a wonderful table. The view of MK, the Poly and the GF was just to die for and after dinner we did walk out on the deck (although it was so wet from the storm and another huge one coming in) that I almost slipped and fell but the view was amazing.

I have heard alot of people not getting seated timely for a later reservation because the other diners are not leaving their tables, they are stretching it out so they can sit and watch the fireworks...but for me I would rather go on the deck then go hungry ha ha
Old 11-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Linda67

Quote:
Oh yes I do....we had a great table right along the windows (they say when you check in early for the first seating you are almost promised a wonderful table. The view of MK, the Poly and the GF was just to die for and after dinner we did walk out on the deck (although it was so wet from the storm and another huge one coming in) that I almost slipped and fell but the view was amazing.

I have heard alot of people not getting seated timely for a later reservation because the other diners are not leaving their tables, they are stretching it out so they can sit and watch the fireworks...but for me I would rather go on the deck then go hungry ha ha
with you on that i don't want to rush dinner or get stressed about getting a window seat, can you hear the Wishes music outside?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
MickeyNicki

Quote:
with you on that i don't want to rush dinner or get stressed about getting a window seat, can you hear the Wishes music outside?
That I dont know...the night we went the storm was roaring in and we were more concerned about getting back to our resort...if you click on my June link there is are a ton of pics of the food and the view from our table
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Linda67

appreciate it
Old 11-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
Linda67

Quote:
Happy to help!
wow - just been checking out your photos from June
it's lunch time in the UK and I now HAVE to go eat
Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great thanks for this - I think the ealier option is probably going to work better for us
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
E&K's Dad
Mouseketeer

I have a slightly different opinion on this one since it is a table for two adults. I know that you listed two possible times for ADR's so I am not sure if you have looked into an even later time. . .if you book an ADR for 9:45 or 10 (assuming you can get one) you can arrive a few minutes early . .go outside for Wishes and come back in to have your meal in peace because once Wishes is over CG will empty out.
E&K's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&K's Dad View Post
I have a slightly different opinion on this one since it is a table for two adults. I know that you listed two possible times for ADR's so I am not sure if you have looked into an even later time. . .if you book an ADR for 9:45 or 10 (assuming you can get one) you can arrive a few minutes early . .go outside for Wishes and come back in to have your meal in peace because once Wishes is over CG will empty out.
Thanks for this, it seems like the one thing that everyone agrees on is that you should go outside to view the fireworks even if you have a good table
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #15
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I second this....we always get 5:30 ADRs. We personally love watching the sunset over MK, plus watching the attractions while you eat is awesome. However, instead of going to MK between dinner and Wishes, we usually hop onto the monorail and resort hop until it is time to head back to CG. Good luck with whatever you choose.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: