Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #91
lyeag
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you Marsha....
lyeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #92
WDWfan,uk
.... but you can call me Shirley :)
move over Alex and hand me the controls

It has been a while since I've posted but then I saw your name & this thread, and I have to tell you that my heart just goes out to you completely Marsha.

I'm so very sorry that you are going through such pain, and fervently hope it goes away.

Hugs from across the pond.

Shirley
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #93
Rustysmom
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking of you too Marsha and hoping you are doing better these days.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #94
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Marsha - I, too, hope that you are feeling better.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #95
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Hi...

Just a quick update, I am still holding my own and do not follow up with the oncologist until January... I take it one day at a time... I still deal with the peripheral neuropathy, some nights worse than others. Of course, the grieving for Tom goes on.... I do not think I will ever get over losing him so young.

I know you understand Marilyn, hugs to you..

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #96
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Marsha, just wanted you to know my continued prayers are with you. Sorry you are still dealing with the neuropathy.

Its nice when we get a little oncologist break. I dont see mine until may, unless my blood tests in jan are bad.

Keep fighting tough.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #97
lyeag
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear from you! I am sorry you are still not getting any relief, but please know I am still thinking of you and praying for you.
lyeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #98
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing Marsha

My thoughts, prayers, and every type of good wishes are always with you.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #99
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
Hi...

Just a quick update, I am still holding my own and do not follow up with the oncologist until January... I take it one day at a time... I still deal with the peripheral neuropathy, some nights worse than others. Of course, the grieving for Tom goes on.... I do not think I will ever get over losing him so young.

I know you understand Marilyn, hugs to you..
Yes, I totally understand. I miss Mat very much.

Take care
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #100
zalansky

DIS Veteran

Marsha - I have not been on this part of the boards for a while and just saw this thread. I wanted to let you know I too, am so very sorry for what you have been going through. I hope the new year finds you in remission and much less pain. My heart goes out to you and your family. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Life definitely is not fair at times. It makes me sad that such a giving and wonderful person that has already suffered such a great loss would have to endure cancer herself. Take care of yourself and know we are all pulling for you.

BTW - I wanted to thank you for your words in your first post. We all need to be reminded, often, that life is fleeting and to stop and smell those roses now and then. Its just what I needed to see today.

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #101
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Happy Birthday Marsha!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #102
brat
DIS Veteran

Hi Marsha,
Hope today is a better day than you expect it to be. I am my Moms primary caretaker. Mom also has Multiable Myaloma and is doing well(2 and 1/2 years now). Sending healing hugs your way.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #103
MinnyGranny
Earning My Ears

Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #104
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Just a quick update, I did see my oncologist and it was on my birthday... I figured it was just as good as any other day to hear good news. My numbers are creeping up, it may mean more treatment and I will see him again in March. I will try to put him off till after May if I am still doing ok as I am going on a Disney Cruise with very dear friends to Alaska and I need to do this, it will be hard without my Tommy, but I know he would want him to do this as he always wanted to go to Alaska, again I do these things in his honor..

So, holding my own, neuropathy still there, increased one med and it is now holding the neuropathy to a minimum, I can deal with that. It is tough sleeping with that kind of hot and cold sensation in your feet and that is when I get it, at night, during the day, just a little numbness and I can handle that.

I am here, I am doing the best I can, sometimes I only read, sometimes I feel like posting, I try to keep busy during the days, the nights are tough without Tom.....but it is what it is, one of his favorite expressions...

Remember, live the day, the moment, go for it and enjoy what brings you pleasure, put those little annoying things out of your mind when you can. Another good one that I try to live by, again from Tom, sometimes it does no good to worry about things you have no control over...and so I try to live my life as he did.... fighting for remission and loving his family..

Hugs to all,
Marsha

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #105
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
Just a quick update, I did see my oncologist and it was on my birthday... I figured it was just as good as any other day to hear good news. My numbers are creeping up, it may mean more treatment and I will see him again in March. I will try to put him off till after May if I am still doing ok as I am going on a Disney Cruise with very dear friends to Alaska and I need to do this, it will be hard without my Tommy, but I know he would want him to do this as he always wanted to go to Alaska, again I do these things in his honor..

So, holding my own, neuropathy still there, increased one med and it is now holding the neuropathy to a minimum, I can deal with that. It is tough sleeping with that kind of hot and cold sensation in your feet and that is when I get it, at night, during the day, just a little numbness and I can handle that.

I am here, I am doing the best I can, sometimes I only read, sometimes I feel like posting, I try to keep busy during the days, the nights are tough without Tom.....but it is what it is, one of his favorite expressions...

Remember, live the day, the moment, go for it and enjoy what brings you pleasure, put those little annoying things out of your mind when you can. Another good one that I try to live by, again from Tom, sometimes it does no good to worry about things you have no control over...and so I try to live my life as he did.... fighting for remission and loving his family..

Hugs to all,
Marsha
Thank you Marsha for the update and happy to see you post. One day at a time.

Tom would want you to go on and see you happy and take each moment and savor it as it comes.

I just lost my dad to cancer. My mom finished treatment for breast cancer and had open heart surgery and my sister is fighting stage 4 lung cancer. All this - in the last year. It is so hard - but are you right - there are things we have no control over. We have our moments and we need to move on.

I am sure your feelings are like a roller coaster. No right or wrong.
Thinking of you and praying for you.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: