Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

What's it like to be at WDW during Thanksgiving?

what are the crowds like at WDW the week before thankgiving? is it a mad house? i've been to WDW last year for christmas. what a blast!!!!! so do you think its worth it? i know christmas stuff is up. just how are the crowds and hows the weather?
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
NCDisneyFans
Earning My Ears

Hard to say....

We will be there this Thanksgiving as well. We will be staying at AKV-Jambo House. We will actually get there on the 24th and be staying offsite for the first 2 nights.

We went last year and stayed in my parents time share (offsite). We only went to MK and only 2 days Thanksgiving and the day after. MK was fairly crowded but we didn't think it was unbearable. I think the crowd was worse Friday compared to Thursday.

We don't really mind the crowds. Whether shoulder to shoulder or empty - its Disney and there is no place we would rather be.

Hope you have a great trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

Thanks NCDisneyFans. we are planning for a future thanksgiving trip. i hope to hear from you. if you do a trip report please let me know. Any one else go during turkey day???????
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I go the week after Thanksgiving; I arrive on a Saturday. You have to get ADR's for Saturday/Sunday or you cannot find a place to eat. One year, I ended up having pizza delivered to my room.

MK and DHS are the busiest, followed closely by Epcot. AK is okay, but still busy. By Monday, after Thanksgiving, the insanity finally dies down.

Just think of all the people staying at resorts, all the people staying off-site, and all the locals with visiting relatives for the holidays - and you get an idea about how crowded it really is.....

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

I'm really interested to hear responses on this We're arriving on the 20th and leaving on the 26th (Thanksgiving Day) and really interested what the crowds will be like. We went the week earlier last Nov. and it was great! Very little lines, but it was freezing! We're hoping for nice warm weather this year!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I missed last year and I heard it was also cold the week after Thanksgiving; usually when I go, it is in the high 70's during the day and the low 60's at night.

It always pays to pack for layering that time of year.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Debonna
Mouseketeer

We went last year for Thanksgiving week and had a great time. Going again this year. If you go to www.touringplans.com, you can see the Crowd Calendar predictions for those dates, as well as the best parks to visit/parks to avoid.

Pack and dress in layers...mornings/evenings may be cooler and warm up during the day.
1992 – Howard Johnson (DTD/Hotel Plaza)
1993 – WDW College Program (CM at Pioneer Hall – FW)
1993 – Dixie Landings
1994 – 2002 – Offsite
2003 - Wedding at WDW Swan/Dolphin!
2003 - 2005 - Offsite
Thanksgiving 2008 – Offsite
Thanksgiving 2009 - Contemporary
Debonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thanksgiving, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: