Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #31
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
We met Guy at TSMM the weekend that he was taping, so I am so excited to see this. He went to the university that I work for, so it was extra cool to meet him. We were in the single rider line and their plaid brought them in the handicap entrance immediately to the left of the line so we were like 2 feet away. However, the best part of seeing him was the fact that he had this huge posse (most of whom were even more tattooed and pierced than he is) including his teenage son. Despite the fact that his dad is a celebrity (and pretty hip imho) Guy could NOT convince his son to go on the ride with him. It was one of those funny father/son moments and it was refreshing to see that even celebrities are just dad (or mom) to their kids.
You know, I always hear about people seeing Guy at DLR - even aside from this taping weekend last year - but I never hear about who he is with, other than his young son. So I am glad you mentioned this, that he travels with a huge, tattoed, pierced posse!!! I always had this image that people are seeing him just leisurely strolling through DCA, with young'un in tow and no one bothering him. So he is getting a little bit of 'plaid treatment.'

Why did his teenage son not want to go on TSMM? Could you hear the conversation? Did he just think it was lame or only for kids? He doesn't know what he is missing! He should have gotten on that ride because it is soooo much fun, and there are other people waiting 40 minutes to ride it (like yours truly, just a couple of weeks ago)!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
You know, I always hear about people seeing Guy at DLR - even aside from this taping weekend last year - but I never hear about who he is with, other than his young son. So I am glad you mentioned this, that he travels with a huge, tattoed, pierced posse!!! I always had this image that people are seeing him just leisurely strolling through DCA, with young'un in tow and no one bothering him. So he is getting a little bit of 'plaid treatment.'

Why did his teenage son not want to go on TSMM? Could you hear the conversation? Did he just think it was lame or only for kids? He doesn't know what he is missing! He should have gotten on that ride because it is soooo much fun, and there are other people waiting 40 minutes to ride it (like yours truly, just a couple of weeks ago)!
His son wanted to ride, just not with his dad. Remember, when you are a teen or tween, it's not cool to be with your dad--even if your dad is cool! So, one of the other guys that was with him rode with Guy and his son rode with someone else.

From what I have seen and heard, Guy is in the parks a lot and really enjoys being there, but he travels with a group and always has a VIP guide with him.

Meanwhile, my husband literally ran into Keegan Gerhard from food network this past spring during the F&W fest. We had just finished eating dinner at WCT and Keegan was coming down the steps from the upper part (where the other restaurant used to be) and the two of them nearly collided. We said hi, but didn't ask for pics and/or autographs, although we watched as a few other people came up to him and he was very accomodating.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #33
Marceline88
Earning My Ears

That's bananas! And bananas is good.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #34
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
His son wanted to ride, just not with his dad. Remember, when you are a teen or tween, it's not cool to be with your dad--even if your dad is cool! So, one of the other guys that was with him rode with Guy and his son rode with someone else.

From what I have seen and heard, Guy is in the parks a lot and really enjoys being there, but he travels with a group and always has a VIP guide with him.

Meanwhile, my husband literally ran into Keegan Gerhard from food network this past spring during the F&W fest. We had just finished eating dinner at WCT and Keegan was coming down the steps from the upper part (where the other restaurant used to be) and the two of them nearly collided. We said hi, but didn't ask for pics and/or autographs, although we watched as a few other people came up to him and he was very accomodating.
Oh, okay, I get it! Yes, when you are a tween or teen, it is not cool to be seen with any parent, anywhere, at any time!! They will only embarrass you! At least he didn't miss out on the great ride, though! But it IS very amusing that his seemingly hip, fun and cool dad is too uncool to ride with!

I know exactly which steps you are talking about by WCT, where your husband and Keegan almost ran into each other, and I have seen one or two people nearly collide. It would be fun to almost run into a celebrity, though!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #35
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I'm so glad my kids think it's still OK to be seen with me.....LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #36
my2mickeykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just in case anyone wants to look these up - here are assorted Disney park/park food-related shows to search for on the Travel Channel, Food Network, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon (on DVD), etc. (some DLR-themed, some WDW; I bolded & italicized the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific or that feature good Disneyland segments). There are lots of them, but these are some of the better ones I have seen:

Disney's Best Kept Secret - Travel Channel

Unwrapped - Walt Disney World Resort - Food Network

Disney: On a Dime - Travel Channel

Season of Disney: Disney Splurge! - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown's Disney Favs - Travel Channel (features some DLR-footage and info)

Behind the Bash - Disney's Anniversary Blowout - Food Network

Holidays at Walt Disney Resort (features all the food decorations and displays around WDW) - Food Network - Hosted by Raven Symone

Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown - Travel Channel (features footage and mentions of DLR-holiday attractions/events, but is mainly WDW-based)

Undiscovered Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Ultimate Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Travel Channel

Disney Cruise Line - Travel Channel

Walt Disney World Resort - Travel Channel

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Magic (I think it was Behind the Magic; it might have been Behind the Scenes!) - Travel Channel

Into the Fire - Disneyland - Food Network (all about dining at DLR)

Great Hotels - Samantha Brown - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - Travel Channel

__________________________________________________ ______

Samantha Brown did a whole series called "Great Hotels" for Travel Channel, and aside from the one episode which featured the Grand Californian, several other episodes featured WDW hotels such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, etc.

Also, there have been various shows about Disney weddings & celebrations at WDW on the Travel Channel, Food Network and on the WE network. Many of the Food Network's Food Network Challenge shows focus on making various Disney cakes. One whole episode of Dinner: Impossible was filmed around WDW>

If anyone knows of any other Disney-related shows (especially DLR-specific) we can add to this list, please post!!
Thank you Sherry!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #37
disneyobsessed808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just in case anyone wants to look these up - here are assorted Disney park/park food-related shows to search for on the Travel Channel, Food Network, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon (on DVD), etc. (some DLR-themed, some WDW; I bolded & italicized the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific or that feature good Disneyland segments). There are lots of them, but these are some of the better ones I have seen:

Disney's Best Kept Secret - Travel Channel

Unwrapped - Walt Disney World Resort - Food Network

Disney: On a Dime - Travel Channel

Season of Disney: Disney Splurge! - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown's Disney Favs - Travel Channel (features some DLR-footage and info)

Behind the Bash - Disney's Anniversary Blowout - Food Network

Holidays at Walt Disney Resort (features all the food decorations and displays around WDW) - Food Network - Hosted by Raven Symone

Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown - Travel Channel (features footage and mentions of DLR-holiday attractions/events, but is mainly WDW-based)

Undiscovered Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Ultimate Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Travel Channel

Disney Cruise Line - Travel Channel

Walt Disney World Resort - Travel Channel

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Magic (I think it was Behind the Magic; it might have been Behind the Scenes!) - Travel Channel

Into the Fire - Disneyland - Food Network (all about dining at DLR)

Great Hotels - Samantha Brown - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - Travel Channel

__________________________________________________ ______

Samantha Brown did a whole series called "Great Hotels" for Travel Channel, and aside from the one episode which featured the Grand Californian, several other episodes featured WDW hotels such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, etc.

Also, there have been various shows about Disney weddings & celebrations at WDW on the Travel Channel, Food Network and on the WE network. Many of the Food Network's Food Network Challenge shows focus on making various Disney cakes. One whole episode of Dinner: Impossible was filmed around WDW>

If anyone knows of any other Disney-related shows (especially DLR-specific) we can add to this list, please post!!
Another one was Modern Marvels Disney World on the History Channel. They sell the DVD at the parks but you can find the entire program in 10 or so parts on youtube

Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012 Check out my Nov 2012 Tokyo Trip Report
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder since 2007
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century)
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #38
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Bump!

Old 11-14-2009, 02:04 AM   #39
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Thanks for posting the info, Sherry! My DH has been searching for this as we were there the weekend Guy was filming at DLR last December, too.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #40
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom8589 View Post
Thanks for posting the info, Sherry! My DH has been searching for this as we were there the weekend Guy was filming at DLR last December, too.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #41
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

It's almost time to set the DVR --- giving this a bump to the front of the line.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #42
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I'm so glad my kids think it's still OK to be seen with me.....LOL
me too! I never had that problem...

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #43
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
It's almost time to set the DVR --- giving this a bump to the front of the line.
Thank you for bumping this! You read my mind! I was just thinking the same thing when I checked the menu in my cable guide and saw the show listed. I got so excited! I hit the Record button right away so I won't risk forgetting to do it later. It is set! I can't wait!

Old 11-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #44
ctalley
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting! I have set the DVR. I will be looking up the other DL shows.
ctalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #45
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Sherry there's supposed to be another Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays on HGTV on Sunday Nov 29 at 8pm.
My June 2009 Summer Nightastic Photo Intensive Trip Report Disneyland, Magical Fireworks, Disney's Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, Ride pics, SeaWorld, Aquarium of the Pacific and Knotts Berry Farm...Updated 3-17-2010 ~ Better late than never!

Previous Trips: 7/2012, Desert Inn and Suites; 1/2012, Hojos Bld 1; 6/2011 DL, Hojos Bldg 2; 9/2009 DL, Hojos King room & Pool Review; 6/2009 DL, Seaworld SD, Aquarium of the Pacific & Knotts Berry Farm, Fairfield Inn and more FFI; 1/2009 DL, Hojos; 1/2008 DL, Hojos Premium 2 Queen DL facing room; 1/2007 DL, Hojos; 1/2006 DL, Hojos; 12/2005 DL, Hojos; 10/2005 DL, Hojos; 12/2004 DL, Hojos; 12/2003 DL, Hojos; 12/2002 DL, Hojos; 12/2001 DL, Hojos; 7/2-14 2001 WDW & US IOA;10/2000 DL Desert Inn and Suites; 10/1999 DL, Anaheim Plaza, 10/1997 Anaheim Plaza...and many previous trips to DL as a kid... We are once again Deluxe Annual Passholders! Just went June 15-18, 2011, am planning a short trip in August 2011, and will be running my first Half Marathon in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012!!! Nikon D90, Nikon 18-200mmVR, Nikon 70-300mmVR, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon SB800, and a whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it!
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: