Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Im am so excited to be making our pre-trip report finally. To me it feels as though I've been lurking and reading others trip reports forever. Ok, it's only been a few weeks
So let me start by introducing my little family to you all.
First there's me. My name is Jennifer (31)SAHM to 3 wonderful kids and recently started homeschooling.
DH- Joe (32) works in the HVAC (or air conditioning) field and a wonderful hubby and father.
DD-My oldest Kia (11) and still my little princess although she is definetley getting that Im almost a teenager attitude
DS- Gavin (8) the whole reason were getting to take this wish trip. Gavin was always a pretty healthy little boy other than the constant ear infections and severe exzema, he also had a slight developmental delay. Until this past August when he woke up seizing we toke him to the ER where they initially told us he had multiple brain tumors and was hemmoraging. He was air lifted to Children's in Seattle and we learned he has cavernous malformations. A rare disease where they develop abnormal blood vessels in the brain and spinal cord that get all tangeled up and form masses which slowly bleed and in some rare cases like ours they can rupture. So he had surgery to remove the mass that was hemmoraging (tennis ball size!!) and after 2 months in the hospital and rehab, since the surgery left his left side paralyzed. He is doing much better except for the numerous nerological issues. He still has 8-10 masses that we are doing monthly MRI's to monitor. At least already has a slow bleed on it so we have a long road ahead but Im thankful he's still here with us.
DS- Caiden (6) Is my little rebel. All boy and full of energy. Just constantley on the go but he has that side of him that's the sweetest little boy ever. Shhh dont tell him I know it's there!

So that's us. We met with our wish granters last week and with the help of a collage Gavin was able to express his wish to go to Disney World and meet Buzz and Woody from Toy Story and also Captain Jack sparrow! None of us have ever been but are sooo excited. We dont have our dates yet but it looks like somewhere between mid Feb. and mid March.
I cant wait to get started on our DFN's. I know I ran across a site that had ideas for DFN's but cant remember where it was If anyone can help me with that link Id appreciate it.
Sorry this was a little long I hope you'll stick around and follow us on our little journey to the World!!
This pic is Gavin and I the day he was released from the hospital

and this is daddy and the kids at a local theme park

Last edited by Momofwishkid; 11-07-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: add photos
Momofwishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
maroo
DIS Veteran

Hello Jennifer!!

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan!

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins!

I can't wait to read more !
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates! I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact? PM me if you have time!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Another pre-trip...your fam sounds very sweet. Looking forward to following the thread
Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hello Jennifer!!

I am so glad you guys are going to Disney on your wish trip!!

I can't wait to hear more about dates and help you guys plan!

Woo Hoo!

I will put a link to your report on the Wish Trippers Thread, too. (Blue link below)
Thanks for the welcome and for posting the link on the wish trippers board. How do we put a link in our siggies??
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #7
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Wonderful start to your PTR!!! I have a special place in my heart for Gavins!

I can't wait to read more !
Thank you, I cant wait to start more planning once our dates become official. I read your story of precious Quinn and Gavin and was so touched. Im so sorry for the losses you have had. I to suffered to early miscarriges and understand the grief andhaving to deal with people just not getting it.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

yay!! so happy for your wish
Old 11-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Yeah! Another pre-trip...your fam sounds very sweet. Looking forward to following the thread
Thank you. I hope I can do as good a job at this pre-trip thing as some of the others I have read.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Ah, the suspense of waiting for dates! I am actually making myself wait until we have our dates before I start the official PTR. Until then I just harass everyone on the Wish Trip thread. Do you guys live in WA state? I have some family in Spokane and we are hoping for an eventual transfer (several possible locations) at some point. It's on my to-do list to find out what I can about the medical facilities, professionals, and the special ed in the schools there. Maybe you're my new contact? PM me if you have time!
I know the waiting for dates is very suspensefull. I hope you get your soon. I had originally wanted to wait for dates before starting my PT report but got to excited
Yes, we live in Wa state and would be happy to help answer any questions you have. I'll send you a PM if I can figure it out.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

We had our first DFN last night. Nothing to fancy we watched Dumbo and I made elephant ears for dessert. Yummy!! It had been awhile since I've seen Dumbo and forgot what a cute and sad movie it is. If we get our mid Feb. to mid March dates, we have 15 to 18 weeks of DFN's to go. I have to start working on a schedule of movies to watch. We own at least 20 Disney movies but I think I want to rent some we dont have just for that refresher. Any ideas for the best Mickey movie to watch. The kids all know Mickey and the crew but it's been awhile since we've actually watched anything Mickey.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!
StefaniLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Welcome! I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #14
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Congrats on Gavin getting his wish! I remember the suspense of waiting for us as well as our dates were determined way back in June or July (I think) and our trip is in December. DFNs and a countdown calendar really have helped pass the time and increase the excitement for the trip! We have done a whole bunch of DFN's and if you're interested, you can check them out on my PTR. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. Most of the DFNs are linked on the first page so you won't have to wade through many pages of other stuff.

Congratulations again and Happy Planning!
Thank you so much I will be checking out your PTR for ideas. I really need to spice my movie nights up. Are you the one that did the countdown with the mickey heads?? Love that!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #15
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Welcome! I am glad Gavin was able to make a collage to express his wish and that they granted it. You will have so much planning and then going on your trip!
Thanks for the welcome. Our wish granters really liked the collage idea. Im reading your PTR report right now cant wait to hear more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: