Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #31
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah's Mami View Post
Of course you can call her Savvy! I am beyond excited for her to get to have the full princess experience! My hubby and I discussed it and we will be purchasing the tickets for the Mickey parade...although we live in Florida we will not be doing anything like this again...I am sure everyone with a "wish" child can relate to the medical bills etc. which have taken their toll...I won't say never because in a few years life may be completely different but right now we just can't....so we are going to splurge on this. When I get the itinerary I will contact Sea World and talk to them about Elmo...I hope we get the schedule soon....It is right around the corner...
I was just telling Pipersmom that we are in a good place financially because we are getting close to paying off our medical bills. Then my hubby got injured at work over the weekend. I'm hoping the worker's comp will go smoothly this time and we won't have to worry about it, but we'll see. His last injury they took forever, and I almost started paying on it because they were threatening us. Even with "good" insurance, the constant co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles add up quickly for special needs kids. Most offices are good about it, but I have come across some who are just ornery and don't get why I can only pay them $20 a month. I have 10 other bills from as long as 4 years ago!

How awesome that the wish granters are setting up lunch and the makeover! I would do a practice run with her if you have time before you leave. If she's not used to sitting long to get ready she might not be willing to sit for the whole shebang. You may need to have her pick and choose what part is most important to her and go from there.

(Also, I've loved the name Savannah since the movie Savannah Smiles - I think I was 9
Old 11-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #32
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I was just telling Pipersmom that we are in a good place financially because we are getting close to paying off our medical bills. Then my hubby got injured at work over the weekend. I'm hoping the worker's comp will go smoothly this time and we won't have to worry about it, but we'll see. His last injury they took forever, and I almost started paying on it because they were threatening us. Even with "good" insurance, the constant co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles add up quickly for special needs kids. Most offices are good about it, but I have come across some who are just ornery and don't get why I can only pay them $20 a month. I have 10 other bills from as long as 4 years ago!

How awesome that the wish granters are setting up lunch and the makeover! I would do a practice run with her if you have time before you leave. If she's not used to sitting long to get ready she might not be willing to sit for the whole shebang. You may need to have her pick and choose what part is most important to her and go from there.

(Also, I've loved the name Savannah since the movie Savannah Smiles - I think I was 9
We also have good insurance but it is still crazy! We live in Florida but her transplant team is in Philadelphia...enough said ... but they saved her life so I wouldn't change any of it!!

Thanks for the Practice suggestion...that is a great idea!

BTW....That movie is when I fell in love with the name Savannah....I don't remember much about it but when we were choosing names I told my hubby that I loved Savannah Smiles....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324802 - pre-trip report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #33
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
ooooooohhhh, my Matty LOVES Elmo (and he's 6!). So do I!!!!! Actually there is a little stuffed one sitting in my lap right now whilst I type LOL (thanx to Matty, he didn't want me to be alone when everyone went to be). My husband and I saw the Elmo character breakfast at SeaWorld and had to laugh. Go all the way to Florida to go to Disney and end up seeing ELMO! We won't do it though as we go to Sesame Place in PA yearly (this year we went TWICE). I wouldn't think Elmo would be walking out and about at SeaWorld. I'd check about that. If the Elmo character breakfast they have is anything like the ones they have in PA I'd say do it. Just gotta love that Elmo

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
We went to Sesame Place when we were in Philadelphia for our last "bump" on the road. The Ronald McDonald House gave us tickets but Savvy ended up taking one trip on the carousel, watching the parade and then we ended up in the First Aid lounge....which led to her going to the ER...not exactly the experience I wanted her to have with Elmo...

Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #34
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post

Savannah Smiles is my all time favorite movie!

I just watched it again recently. I just love her little voice...Love that movie!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

More questions...more questions...have I mentioned how excited I am? Not to be too mushy but I keep thinking about how I was told she would not live to be 2 without a liver transplant....no guarantees... and now she will be 3 in a few short weeks!!!!!

THEN We are off to DISNEY!!!!

The Mickey Christmas Parade....does this sell out? Do I have to buy tickets in advance or can I wait until the day of the event? I don't know how much but I have been told we will get a debit card with some funds for our trip...I thought I could use these funds for the tickets but don't want to miss out. For those of you who have gone on Wish trips...do you get the funds when you get the itinerary (I was told this meeting would be a week or two before our trip) or do you get when we leave?

Oh....does anyone have the winning Powerball numbers for Florida this week? I need them so I can just go nutz on the trip

Old 11-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #36
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More questions...more questions...have I mentioned how excited I am? Not to be too mushy but I keep thinking about how I was told she would not live to be 2 without a liver transplant....no guarantees... and now she will be 3 in a few short weeks!!!!!

The Mickey Christmas Parade....does this sell out? Do I have to buy tickets in advance or can I wait until the day of the event? I don't know how much but I have been told we will get a debit card with some funds for our trip...I thought I could use these funds for the tickets but don't want to miss out. For those of you who have gone on Wish trips...do you get the funds when you get the itinerary (I was told this meeting would be a week or two before our trip) or do you get when we leave?

Oh....does anyone have the winning Powerball numbers for Florida this week? I need them so I can just go nutz on the trip

It sounds like you need to buy tickets in advance, and depending on which date you are interested in it may sell out. I have also heard that some people were given their "spending money" at a going away party or some such event right before the trip. Good luck with the lotto!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #37
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

MVMCP can sell out...especially weekend parties and the parties as you get closer to Christmas. If you are going to a Tuesday party...it is not as likely to sell out.

Don't forget that Christmas at GKTW is on Thursday...so try not to miss that!

And they consider "in advance" anytime before the day of the event. Some dates let you get discounted tickets even the day before.

We got our funds the week before we left, which gave us time to convert some of it to cash, come up with a final budget, and make any last minute ADR's.

As for the Powerball........ You are on your own there.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #38
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

I am thinking we will wait until we have our itinerary meeting and see what happens....I think I want to plan the Mickeys Xmas parade for Monday which would be the last night we would be at GKTW...that way it is a nice Xmas send off for Savvy.

Ohhh.....didn't hit the powerball ....Guess I will have to look elsewhere for the winning numbers

Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #39
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am thinking we will wait until we have our itinerary meeting and see what happens....I think I want to plan the Mickeys Xmas parade for Monday which would be the last night we would be at GKTW...that way it is a nice Xmas send off for Savvy.

Ohhh.....didn't hit the powerball ....Guess I will have to look elsewhere for the winning numbers
Which Christmas party were you going to?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #40
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Which Christmas party were you going to?
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade...I think it will be magical! Just have to wait though...we made reservations for our dogs and that will be almost $500 for the week...ouch! And that was the cheapest I could find in our area so I am getting a little nervous about unexpected costs.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #41
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

I hope you can get into MVMCP it looks amazing. What kind of dogs do you have? I love my doggies I have long haired chihuahuas. Have you looked into maybe having someone just come over and play/feed etc them a few times a day. Any trustworthy teenages in the neighborhood you could hire for alot cheaper than $500. I got really lucky and am having my mom just stay at my house. Good luck!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
I hope you can get into MVMCP it looks amazing. What kind of dogs do you have? I love my doggies I have long haired chihuahuas. Have you looked into maybe having someone just come over and play/feed etc them a few times a day. Any trustworthy teenages in the neighborhood you could hire for alot cheaper than $500. I got really lucky and am having my mom just stay at my house. Good luck!
Unfortunately, we just moved into our neighborhood and I although I have tried super hard to meet my neighbors they are not approachable...and one of the "side effects" of having a chronically ill child is watching all of the "friends" we had that would come over at the drop of a hat for a dinner invite disappear...trust me it is better this way because we have learned a lot about what friendship is truly about but it has made things very hard.

We have two dogs...rescue dogs. Buddy was a Katrina rescue and then he found Lucky....we located Lucky's owner (now a 70 lb hound) and it turns out she was dying of cancer. She had taken in Lucky after her friend adopted him from Katrina and then was deployed....so he has bounced around a lot.

We also have two cats but we will leave them at home with plenty of food, water, litter.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #43
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade...I think it will be magical! Just have to wait though...we made reservations for our dogs and that will be almost $500 for the week...ouch! And that was the cheapest I could find in our area so I am getting a little nervous about unexpected costs.
Oh gosh!

Have you checked over on the Budget board?

I know that is random...being a "DISNEY" board...what would they know about boarding dogs...

But they know a LOT of stuff and have saved me a LOT of money on many things having nothing to do with Disney. You might start a thread over there and see if any of them know of any good dog sitting places out there.

Heck...even run an ad in the paper? I would move IN and take care of your dogs for that much. Heck...half that!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #44
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Oh gosh!

Have you checked over on the Budget board?

I know that is random...being a "DISNEY" board...what would they know about boarding dogs...

But they know a LOT of stuff and have saved me a LOT of money on many things having nothing to do with Disney. You might start a thread over there and see if any of them know of any good dog sitting places out there.

Heck...even run an ad in the paper? I would move IN and take care of your dogs for that much. Heck...half that!

Hmmm....maybe I will send you ticket...they are good dogs! Okay...then that would be the week they decide to misbehave

This summer my hubby checked out a few homes that took care of dogs but had bad experiences....i.e. being pecked by a parrot on the way into the home I thought it was funny until he showed me the hole the parrot made in his jacket...a leather motorcycle jacket. He just had a bunch of bad luck....we were trying to make plans ahead of time in case Savvy had an a long hospital stay....and of course....it happened...she was hospitalized and we were in Philly. We finally just left the dogs with my mom who HATES them...she can't stand animals...it was heartbreaking cause I knew it wouldn't be great for them but Savvy was the priority.

She is not even an option this time since she is out of town and frankly we would rather board them then leave them there (she is not a bad person just does not like dogs and I don't believe in animals being smacked etc...)

Seriously, thought about postponing the MAW trip til things were better with the $ but this is a once in a lifetime trip and when I got comfortable with Savvy being "healthy" that is when the rollercoaster took a huge dip for us....so we learned as I am sure everyone on this board has learned....the time with our baby is what is important the other "details" will work themselves out.

Oh....I bet you are tired of sitting in front of the computer for this super long answer on the dogs!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
Savannah's Mami
Mouseketeer

We are meeting with the MAW volunteers on Saturday evening assuming I am healthy (our volunteer is pregnant)....she said she received Savvy's "package"...I am so excited to read it!!!

Tags
belle, give kids the world, make a wish, princess, snow white

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: