Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #31
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OK! How did not see this in your link? when I did not come over you should have "PUSHED" and enough already on the game this past week!!!
would have been a better game with better officals (not saying the outcome would have been different--but there was an awful lot of holding and an awful big problem with vision on the part of the officials) but, I am with you and Becky on the Bama/FL game!

that is a wonderful story you shared in the beginning (wouldn't wish it on anyone-but, glad an angel was sent your way)...

Happy planning! stay safe tonight!!
Connie
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that your May, 2010 trip is much much better than your previous May trips!

How's the weather forecast there?
I am crossing fingers, eyes, toes, legs, arms.....you name it........

From the track it will be coming in at Dauphin Island, Al which is about 40 miles south of me. I am praying for everyone on the Island. The local news said Ida had strengthened a little, but they are expecting it to decrease again when it gets closer in and hits the cooler water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
OK! How did not see this in your link? when I did not come over you should have "PUSHED" and enough already on the game this past week!!!
would have been a better game with better officals (not saying the outcome would have been different--but there was an awful lot of holding and an awful big problem with vision on the part of the officials) but, I am with you and Becky on the Bama/FL game!

that is a wonderful story you shared in the beginning (wouldn't wish it on anyone-but, glad an angel was sent your way)...

Happy planning! stay safe tonight!!
Connie
Well, I don't like to be too pushy . We have got to rub it in a little about the game . I have to agree with you about officiating at ALL games this year. I think all of the officials have gone "hold blind" and that is in the Pros too. Dale keeps thinking ya'll may lose Les Miles to Michigan when they fire Rich Rodriguez .

Thanks about the story. It was a real stressful time. I think maybe that is why I'm not crazy about POR, well that and the fact we were in a horrible location on property.

You are part of the planning too .

I'm praying for everyones safety during this storm, because it has caused 54 deaths in El Salvador already.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #33
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that you will probaby not get the brunt of the hurricane. Still, it's the tornados and high winds that stem from it that are just as scary. Sorry, that wasn't too nice of a thing to post when I am supposed to be easing your mind.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #34
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I hope Les Miles moves on, too! can't wait....hummm I know alot of people who would like to see that happen We had our fingers crossed last year when Michigan came a calling...and I have always like Nike Saban but yesterday when he was mad and was talking to the reporter right before he went off the field at half time he really came off as a "big head" just my impression (body language)

I told Danny I bet if they started fining the officials for bad or lack of calls for face mask (the saints game had a bad face mask that was not called Sunday--poor guys head could not turn back anymore), holding, or vision problems ( ) I bet that would help clear up their problems!

hope the rain passes quickly; we don't even have high winds here, it is really kinda strange. But, Danny said it is gusty across the lake!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm glad to hear that you will probaby not get the brunt of the hurricane. Still, it's the tornados and high winds that stem from it that are just as scary. Sorry, that wasn't too nice of a thing to post when I am supposed to be easing your mind.
Oh yeah, I know . I have lived on the Gulf Coast all my life so I know the tornadoes are where the real damage comes in .

Update on right now at 4:10 pm, they have changed the path to have it coming in at the mouth of Mobile Bay.

That actually brings it in to my east but in closer proximity, and it is going to make landfall about midnight. My ex lives in Spanish Fort and a good friend lives right on the Bay in Fairhope, both are right were it is coming in. I worry about all the people who live on the coast. I think it is ironic that the most sought after property is in the most dangerous areas .

Quote:
I hope Les Miles moves on, too! can't wait....hummm I know alot of people who would like to see that happen We had our fingers crossed last year when Michigan came a calling...and I have always like Nike Saban but yesterday when he was mad and was talking to the reporter right before he went off the field at half time he really came off as a "big head" just my impression (body language)

I told Danny I bet if they started fining the officials for bad or lack of calls for face mask (the saints game had a bad face mask that was not called Sunday--poor guys head could not turn back anymore), holding, or vision problems ( ) I bet that would help clear up their problems!

hope the rain passes quickly; we don't even have high winds here, it is really kinda strange. But, Danny said it is gusty across the lake!
I told Dale that Les Miles shows no emotion. He looks stone faced all the time. I didn't see the interview. I didn't get to see all of the game since I was working.

I told Dale I was really getting disheartened by football this year due to the lack of good officiating. I didn't get to see the Saints game either, but I caught a score when they were behind and I didn't think I was going to be able to come home . Dale takes his football serious, VERY SERIOUS and if the Saints are losing he is UNBEARABLE .

The wind is starting to gust here, it has been raining all day. The storm is moving pretty fast so I hope it is out of here pretty quickly.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #36
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Dana, Hope and Pray you are all safe. Have been thinking of you today and just haven't had the spirit to write to anyone. It's better now. HE once again has taken care of my needs.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #37
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Dana, Hope and Pray you are all safe. Have been thinking of you today and just haven't had the spirit to write to anyone. It's better now. HE once again has taken care of my needs.

Ginny
Thank you Ginny . They are starting to post curfews now since the storm is getting closer. The news crew is at Gulf Shores right now and it is starting to rock and roll, and of course the idiots are out driving.

I am glad you are feeling better and yes HE is good.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #38
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Praying that the storm passes you by and does no major damage.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #39
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Stay safe and dry Dana! We're praying for you!.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #40
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Appears to be wobbling as it comes ashore...hope it does not stall; than there will be a big mess. We seem to have lucked out and just at the edge of the rain and winds and have no affects this go round.
thinking about you through the night!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #41
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Praying that the storm passes you by and does no major damage.
Thank you Mary . It is about 100 miles away right now. It is starting to suck the water out of the bay and when it comes inland it will push the water back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Stay safe and dry Dana! We're praying for you!.
Thank you Leanne . I'm glad it is a weak storm and the Gulf waters are cooler so it can't gain strength.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #42
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Appears to be wobbling as it comes ashore...hope it does not stall; than there will be a big mess. We seem to have lucked out and just at the edge of the rain and winds and have no affects this go round.
thinking about you through the night!
We are starting to lose power, it is going on and off. That is the worst part about these storms.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Connie, I was gonna say hurricane Danny in 1997 stalled out in the mouth of the bay and rained on us for 2 days before it moved on out. There goes the power again.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #44
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

The power outage is the worse part of it for us always too! once we loose power we are usually out for a week or so! due to trees and transformers....
at least it is cooler at this time of the year and the temps aren't in 90's and the humidity is not 110%
Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #45
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Praying the weather doesn't get too bad for ya'll, Dana!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: