Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
It is a beautiful story. And yes you know I so believe in help is there when yiou need it. I'm thankful for you on this day someone was there for you. You know how I love the beach and one year we had been till we had to come home cause I refused to leave. We drive forever and we get about 4 hours from home, it's 2 am I have 2 hungry girls and we have no cash. We have a Shell credit card but no gas station in sight. Gas tank has been on empty for 30 miles and we can't decide what to do. We are almost to Jonesboro, AR and find a Shell station. We get gas and eat our way thru the gas station. Thanking HIM all the way. We get home at 6:00 am and I have to be at work at 8. Don and the girls had the day off. We made it and I survived the day. I never go anywhere without a 'stash' anymore.
I know what you mean. The $650 was more than half of our spending money for the week so we had to cut corners. While watching Illuminations we bought 2 little buckets of popcorn and 2 cokes for all of us to share...... We ate McDonald's for many meals that trip and we had a fridge so we had milk and cereal for breakfast and some sandwich stuff. That all seems like a lifetime ago. I was praying to HIM all the way home too because I was scared the car would quit again. We thought we were going to have to rent a car to get home and drive back down to get our car. I know God sent Alan to us because I just chose the phone number randomly.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I know what you mean. The $650 was more than half of our spending money for the week so we had to cut corners. While watching Illuminations we bought 2 little buckets of popcorn and 2 cokes for all of us to share...... We ate McDonald's for many meals that trip and we had a fridge so we had milk and cereal for breakfast and some sandwich stuff. That all seems like a lifetime ago. I was praying to HIM all the way home too because I was scared the car would quit again. We thought we were going to have to rent a car to get home and drive back down to get our car. I know God sent Alan to us because I just chose the phone number randomly.
I am in total agreement with you. Thru the years we have had many weird trips like that. Glad the financial situation improved. Now it just is memories but at the time I couldn't imagine anything worse. The struggles one has to have a good time.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am in total agreement with you. Thru the years we have had many weird trips like that. Glad the financial situation improved. Now it just is memories but at the time I couldn't imagine anything worse. The struggles one has to have a good time.
OH yeah, I know what you mean. Growing up it was me and my Mom and we had it really hard. I tell my kids about how tough it was and they just don't understand. I was telling them how the economy today reminds me of the late 70's early 80's, and they were surprised how it seems to be mirroring that time. I just don't know that we have anyone who can pull us out of it this time .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #19
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you didn't let that May trip stop you from going back in May again. I believe in divine intervention also. So glad you decided to go in May 09...
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #20
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OH yeah, I know what you mean. Growing up it was me and my Mom and we had it really hard. I tell my kids about how tough it was and they just don't understand. I was telling them how the economy today reminds me of the late 70's early 80's, and they were surprised how it seems to be mirroring that time. I just don't know that we have anyone who can pull us out of it this time .
I think every generation has its issues. The 60's were not easy for us at all. Kids going to war with young wives and children left behind. History just keeps repeating itself. I made 75 cents an hour and felt we had the world. My first real job was at a clinic and I made $300 a month. Every other week my paycheck was $75. Out of that I paid $45 to a babysitter who came to my house and watched the girls for me. That left me $30 for gas and spending money for another 2 weeks. Don was making $4.50 and hour and I was working because I wanted to. Then Don lost his job and my salary was it for several months. One always manages to do what needs to be done tho and are better for it.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
I'm glad you didn't let that May trip stop you from going back in May again. I believe in divine intervention also. So glad you decided to go in May 09...
Me too Leanne, if we hadn't went I wouldn't have made the wonderful friendships I've made.

Ya'll have a great weekend!!!

Quote:
I think every generation has its issues. The 60's were not easy for us at all. Kids going to war with young wives and children left behind. History just keeps repeating itself. I made 75 cents an hour and felt we had the world. My first real job was at a clinic and I made $300 a month. Every other week my paycheck was $75. Out of that I paid $45 to a babysitter who came to my house and watched the girls for me. That left me $30 for gas and spending money for another 2 weeks. Don was making $4.50 and hour and I was working because I wanted to. Then Don lost his job and my salary was it for several months. One always manages to do what needs to be done tho and are better for it.
You are so right. Like the saying goes......... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

I hope you are having a good Saturday. I'm at work, but it isn't a bad day.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #22
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

FIRST I MUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY

ROLL TIDE

Now, with that said, I will go on to how we chose May on our second and third trips. After the May 2002 trip we started going to Disney during February because Amanda and Tyler had 3 days off for Mardi Gras every year. It was a good time to go because it was always cool and the crowds were light. In 2007 we went in February, but Amanda couldn't go because she only got 1 day for Mardi Gras in college. Well, in 2008 Disney had an offer in May that gave the water parks and more option as a free add on and it was during a time that Amanda could go and bring her then fiancé Anthony We booked two adjoining rooms at ASMu and it was OK. It was our first time using the DDP so it was not a fantastic trip. We did not plan our ADRs as well as we should have and Amanda and Anthony had broken up a month or so before. BOY was I glad that happened. She is too NOW MAY 2008 HERE

So when it came time to book our 2009 trip Disney was offering the 4/3 deal and Amanda wanted to join us again, and this time bring her boyfriend Matt. We needed something big enough to hold 6 of us so we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins. I didn't care for the Cabins, but I am not a real outdoorsy type. It rained on us the whole time we were there. We left a day early because we were tired of being wet, plus Amanda, Tyler, and Matt were all feeling bad. Here is the link to that TR May 2009 TR HERE.

While we were deciding when to return next year we came up with several dates. It was a hard decision because the sooner the better for me. I really wanted to get an AP pin, but it never came. I was so disappointed . But, just by luck I checked an email account that I rarely check and there it was!!!!!!!!! A PIN. Not an AP pin but a pin none the less. It was for dates in April, May and June. I jumped on it and booked our May dates. There are three main reasons we chose the dates we did (1) Leanne, Mary, And Lisa will all be there then, (2) it includes Memorial Day so that gives Dale an extra day off and (3) Amanda will be out of school and maybe, just maybe she will join us. I am hoping for a rain free trip this time as I think we all had enough Disney rain to do us.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #23
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

AWWWWWW....you are too sweet. We're so excited you will be going back the same week. We definitely need to plan more time to hang out. I'm praying for a rain free vacay too. We definitely had our share this year.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Yay for May!! You are very sweet and can't wait to meet up with you guys again!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
AWWWWWW....you are too sweet. We're so excited you will be going back the same week. We definitely need to plan more time to hang out. I'm praying for a rain free vacay too. We definitely had our share this year.
We are gonna have a blast It would be fun to spend more time hanging out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Yay for May!! You are very sweet and can't wait to meet up with you guys again!
Thank you . I know it is going to be fun!! I feel so blessed to have met such great friends here on the dis.

One of my co-workers is going to Disney next Friday. She and her husband are going to pick their 8 yo up from school and tell him they are going shopping for his birthday and they are going to get on a plane and fly to Disney. I think that is sooooooo cool. What a fun surprise.

I guess I will be battening down the hatches tomorrow in anticipation of hurricane Ida What in the world is a hurricane doing coming in this late in the year .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #26
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Great game, huh?! Joining in on your PTR! We're headed back to WDW in May as well (May 22-29). We were also there during all the rain this past year--PRAYING for MUCH better weather this time around!! Oh--and your dog looks JUST like my dog that I had growing up. I just LOVE dachshunds!! They are precious!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #27
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Great game, huh?! Joining in on your PTR! We're headed back to WDW in May as well (May 22-29). We were also there during all the rain this past year--PRAYING for MUCH better weather this time around!! Oh--and your dog looks JUST like my dog that I had growing up. I just LOVE dachshunds!! They are precious!!
Thanks for joining in Becky .

Oh Yeah ROLL TIDE ROLL I was working, but I would catch glimpses of the game from time to time, but I did get to see some of the best plays and I saw the last 5 minutes.

Were you at the Dis meet last May? I have such a bad memory at times . I hope we can all set a date and place to meet up. It would be nice to have an all girls meet one evening too . I am hoping the rain stays well away. I love dachshunds too . They have such character. Niko thinks he is a doberman though and he HATES Amanda's boyfriend .

Where are ya'll staying in May? I didn't see a link to a PTR, but I am going to head to you TR and catch up .

Thanks again for joining in and it is going to be so much fun planning with my Dis buddies .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for joining in Becky .

Oh Yeah ROLL TIDE ROLL I was working, but I would catch glimpses of the game from time to time, but I did get to see some of the best plays and I saw the last 5 minutes.

Were you at the Dis meet last May? I have such a bad memory at times . I hope we can all set a date and place to meet up. It would be nice to have an all girls meet one evening too . I am hoping the rain stays well away. I love dachshunds too . They have such character. Niko thinks he is a doberman though and he HATES Amanda's boyfriend .

Where are ya'll staying in May? I didn't see a link to a PTR, but I am going to head to you TR and catch up .

Thanks again for joining in and it is going to be so much fun planning with my Dis buddies .
The 2nd half of the BAMA game was much better than the 1st!! We're actually going to Tuscaloosa for the BAMA/UTC game on the 21st!! I'm hoping we kill Florida on Dec. 6th--I'm so sick of them and Tebow!

No, I was not at the DIS meet last May--we were in a different park that day and didn't have Park Hoppers. I was able to meetup with several DISers at the Poly beach the first night we were there and we met Leanne and her family at O'hana. We are staying at the Poly again in May!! Can't wait!! I haven't started a PTR yet--have to wrap-up my TR first!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #29
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
The 2nd half of the BAMA game was much better than the 1st!! We're actually going to Tuscaloosa for the BAMA/UTC game on the 21st!! I'm hoping we kill Florida on Dec. 6th--I'm so sick of them and Tebow!

No, I was not at the DIS meet last May--we were in a different park that day and didn't have Park Hoppers. I was able to meetup with several DISers at the Poly beach the first night we were there and we met Leanne and her family at O'hana. We are staying at the Poly again in May!! Can't wait!! I haven't started a PTR yet--have to wrap-up my TR first!!
You and me both Becky . I get so tired of hearing Tebow's name I could scream. I hope we end our season at the Georgia Dome like we started it .

Dis meets are so much fun. Leanne and her family are really great as is Mary and her family. I feel so blessed to have met some of the best people last May. I have started reading your report and your family is so beautiful. In every picture everyone is always smiling. I am hoping Disney offers a good AP rate for May. If they come out with a good rate I really want to stay at CBR or AKL. Dale liked Pop so we may just keep what we have. The Poly is beautiful, as is GF.

I need to finish my September TR too .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that your May, 2010 trip is much much better than your previous May trips!

How's the weather forecast there?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: