Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

My Weight Loss Effort (join in if you're trying to lose for the holidays)

Well, here I am again....Back up about 15 pounds over last year at this time. At that time I had lost a bunch...but then when I act 'normal' and don't watch myself - my body goes back to its 'natural' state of about 170 (give or take 3ish). I am a 5 foot 6 and 1/2 inch woman, so I wouldn't call myself huge. But I think looking at me you'd say I could stand to lose 20 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers (have done it in the past with varying success) about 3 weeks ago - did GREAT the first week, and then fell off the wagon for the next two. So I'm wasting money AND feeling yucky - so this week I am back ON.

My goal ultimately would be to fit into a pair of jeans I bought last year (when I was very close to fitting into them but never made it there) for a Christmas gathering with my girlfriends that is on Dec 12th. Not sure if I can do it since I just blew the last 2 weeks though...BUT...

ONE DAY AT A TIME! I need to stop ruining a whole day because of one 'oops'. If I take some Halloween candy I kind of write off the whole day and continue with bad habits. I need to allow myself to make a bad choice but then recover right away.

I am just at the tail end right now of my salad for lunch. Complete with cucumbers, onions and garbanzo beans (my new favorite thing - they really do help me feel more full and satisfied after a salad) and fat free Italian dressing. I also had 5 Laughing Cow cheese cubes. I tend to CRAVE cheese and this helps alleviate that a bit. I had 1/2 of a wheat roll but don't want the rest. And I have an apple for this afternoon.

Plan for tonight is leftover chicken stir fry - so today SHOULD be a good one.

Of course, I'm getting together with my sister's family tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday so that will be the real test. We'll see how I deal with that one.

I need to keep it off this time and learn to live with the new way of eating. I have my High School 20 year reunion in July and plan to keep off everything I lose.

Anyone with me on weight loss for the holidays? Any words of wisdom for me? - Karen
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

I right there with you! Still trying to lose the last 15 or so lbs of "baby weight." Not sure if I can still call it that since my "baby" is over 2! My DH is in the Navy and when he's gone I do pretty well but when he's home, we're always on the go and he loves his sweets. So needless to say, I fall of the wagon! I'm hoping to lose atleast 5lbs before our DW trip later this month and then focus on getting it all off ASAP!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I am with you...I have been working out 6 days a week since Oct 1st. I have lost 6 lbs and alot of inches. I am hoping to lose a few more between now and December
Old 11-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

You've got just a little less then what I want to lose...but I can't seem to stick to anything either. I am determined that by next May (my bday) I will have lost this 20 lbs so if we do get to go to Hawaii I CAN wear a cute bathing suit to the beach. Good luck to you!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
DVC Sadie
Those mashed taters are sounding good about now
The more they are washed the softer they get

I'd like to join your group.

I need to lose 25 pounds per doctors orders and to fit in my clothes. Last year at this time I was fine and now I feel like crap on a cracker with all of this added weight.

My biggest problem is I love real food, the taste of it and especially cheese. Sweets aren't really a problem except for once in a blue moon.
DVC Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Count me in. I would just like to lose 10-15 pounds - but I have been wanting to lose this for a while. I am 5'4" and currently at 150 pounds and a size 8/10. If I reach my goal I would be back down to a 6/8. We are going on a cruise in March and would really like to feel better about myself. I figure if I lose 2 pounds a month I would reach my goal - that doesn't seem like it should be so hard right??

Anyway. I bought a treadmill this weekend and my goal is to get on it for 1/2 hour every morning before I get ready for work. I figure if I do it in the morning at least I know it is done for the day - otherwise I get home from work and run the kids to their activities and then I don't exercise. I would much rather hit the snooze button but I have been making myself get up and I push myself so I am really sweating by the time I'm done.

Now - I just need to eat more fruits and vegi's....
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Can I join? I'm already seeing my winter slide. I drop 20+ pounds almost every spring and summer, then pack it back on every fall/winter. I just get so lethargic and lazy when it's dark and cold out, all I want to do is curl up at night. I'm really sick of this yoyo I'm on. And to be completely honest, every time I put the weight on, my peak weight gets a little bit higher...
I just can't seem to stick with my good habits and like others have said, when I blow it in the morning, I write off the whole day (or two or three) before I get back on the bandwagon. What is with me? I used to have so much self control. I'm completely annoyed with myself.
I would love to lose a total of 30 pounds by next summer when we go to Disney so I can wear cute outfits and go to the pool without cringing. I would also like to be in better shape for all the theme park walking. I walked most of the spring and summer 5+ days a week, but let it slide the last month or two. Sis and I are going to walk at the local high school 4 nights a week (the only days they're open for this), so this should help, but I really need to get back on the treadmill every day. HELP! I need or maybe a drill instructor.
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
Well, here I am again....Back up about 15 pounds over last year at this time. At that time I had lost a bunch...but then when I act 'normal' and don't watch myself - my body goes back to its 'natural' state of about 170 (give or take 3ish). I am a 5 foot 6 and 1/2 inch woman, so I wouldn't call myself huge. But I think looking at me you'd say I could stand to lose 20 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers (have done it in the past with varying success) about 3 weeks ago - did GREAT the first week, and then fell off the wagon for the next two. So I'm wasting money AND feeling yucky - so this week I am back ON.

My goal ultimately would be to fit into a pair of jeans I bought last year (when I was very close to fitting into them but never made it there) for a Christmas gathering with my girlfriends that is on Dec 12th. Not sure if I can do it since I just blew the last 2 weeks though...BUT...

ONE DAY AT A TIME! I need to stop ruining a whole day because of one 'oops'. If I take some Halloween candy I kind of write off the whole day and continue with bad habits. I need to allow myself to make a bad choice but then recover right away.

I am just at the tail end right now of my salad for lunch. Complete with cucumbers, onions and garbanzo beans (my new favorite thing - they really do help me feel more full and satisfied after a salad) and fat free Italian dressing. I also had 5 Laughing Cow cheese cubes. I tend to CRAVE cheese and this helps alleviate that a bit. I had 1/2 of a wheat roll but don't want the rest. And I have an apple for this afternoon.

Plan for tonight is leftover chicken stir fry - so today SHOULD be a good one.

Of course, I'm getting together with my sister's family tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday so that will be the real test. We'll see how I deal with that one.

I need to keep it off this time and learn to live with the new way of eating. I have my High School 20 year reunion in July and plan to keep off everything I lose.

Anyone with me on weight loss for the holidays? Any words of wisdom for me? - Karen
Wow, you sound just like me, except that I've gained about 20 lbs. just since we've been back from Disney (only 2 months ago.) I'm also right at 170 now, and 5ft. 6 inches. I'm also really good at blowing the whole day if I have any slip and many times blowing the whole week to week to week. Right now, I'm on day 4 of really trying to discipline myself as to what and how much I eat, and I'm walking/running a 1 1/2 miles a day. I'm just trying to remember that it really is about my health and not just about what I look like, because for me, that apparently isn't enough I'm also trying to remember that everything is a choice and it's not that I need to be 100% perfect all the time, but just really being aware of exactly what I'm eating and why. Good luck and I'm really hoping to have good motivation for the rest of my life.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Momvic5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
Count me in. I would just like to lose 10-15 pounds - but I have been wanting to lose this for a while. I am 5'4" and currently at 150 pounds and a size 8/10. If I reach my goal I would be back down to a 6/8. We are going on a cruise in March and would really like to feel better about myself. I figure if I lose 2 pounds a month I would reach my goal - that doesn't seem like it should be so hard right??

Anyway. I bought a treadmill this weekend and my goal is to get on it for 1/2 hour every morning before I get ready for work. I figure if I do it in the morning at least I know it is done for the day - otherwise I get home from work and run the kids to their activities and then I don't exercise. I would much rather hit the snooze button but I have been making myself get up and I push myself so I am really sweating by the time I'm done.

Now - I just need to eat more fruits and vegi's....
Ok...I must be your twin! I am 5'4" and weigh 150lbs. I have recently lost about 20lbs, and it has literally taken blood, sweat, and tears. I bought a treadmill about a year ago and have been walking on it 5-6 days a week for the last 6mos. I started out walking 3 miles in a hour. Now, I walk 4 miles in one hour. I think that at this point, I need to speed up again. I just know I hate to run.

My goal is to lose another 15lbs. I am trying to make a lifestyle change rather than just diet - better food choices and smaller portion sizes. With Thanksgiving, a Disney trip, and Christmas coming up, it is going to be very challenging, but I am in!

Me DH DS DD DS
Momvic5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
KirstenB
Mom to "the nibbler"
Baby Donor

I'm in!! I have 15-20 lbs to lose. I already exercise, but finishing the kids' leftovers is my downfall. Everyone on the WISH board has good things to say about WEight Watchers, so I'm going to try a meeting this coming Monday. I swear if I lived alone, this would be so much easier!!
KirstenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I'm in too !! I have atleast 50=60 pounds to loose. My goal is not the holidays because that would be impossible. My Goal or atleast 40lbs by my Disney trip end of march.
I just recieved mt Medifast diet program today and will start Monday AM.
I don't think I can look at another set of pictures from my trip and see my LARGE behind!!!
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Tricia's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #12
El&Asmom
DIS Veteran

I need to be right there with you, but have been lacking the motivation. Dd3 will turn 1 at the end of November. I am down to my prepregnancy weight, but I was 15lbs overweight when I got pregnant.
I am struggling fitting in exercise with three kids, work, dog training and just wanting to rest. Plus, I have totally fallen off the wagon and will eat nothing but crap most of the day. These halloween candies are not helping at all either. I just brought a huge bag into work so others can polish it off instead of me. So guess what I did? Had two myself as I'm sitting here working.

I need to get started, so here's my plan:
1. Write down EVERYTHING I eat. No cheating. This will probably be a wake up call. It's so easy to just pop a Hershey's kiss and pretend like it doesn't count because it's small.
2. Exercise at least 3-4 days a week. I'm donating $77 to the YMCA monthly, so I mine as well use it. If I can't find time to go there this month, I will just use my treadmill at home/walk the dog and cancel the membership. It's so hard to take dds there, and they hate it as they have never been in a daycare setting.
3. Eat out less. We have been trying to save $, and it will be healthier too.

Good luck everyone!

3/96 Frist trip with dh. Offsite
2/05 DD1s first trip at 19 months AKL
9/06 DD2s first trip at 9 months CSR
6/07 Bought into HH DVC!
8/07 Addonitis at SSR
9/07 BWV/SSR
1/08 POR/OKW- NAVC
El&Asmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #13
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Ok - Here's a very early day 2 blog:

Yesterday went OK - went a little crazy snacking on some goldfish when I was getting them out for the kids after school. And ended up with some 'likely shouldn't have done that' chips and salsa in the evening. But other than that - my meals were good. And, my biggest vice, Pepsi - I stayed far away from it. That is a big no-no in diet terms.

I did NOT get a chance to workout yesterday. I was just too tired by the time the kids were in bed. El&As - Totally there with you with fitting it in. I have been much, much better for the last 6 months. But I need to step it up to really lose weight. I belong to the Y and go about 2 times a week now, and usually manage another time at home on the exercise bike. But I need to step it up to 6 times a week.

I feel like I should be like Bridget Jones' diary here and state my weight today...But I haven't weighed myself yet. Maybe I'll post the update later.

Today will be very tough. I'm working from home and I tend to eat WAY MORE since I'm working right next to my kitchen. And then my nephews and niece are coming over to sleep over tonight so that sis and bil can go out to celebrate her birthday. So I'll have 5 kids 8 and under by myself - My husband is on his way down to Virginia for the weekend for work. He'll be helping to open the new Wegmans store in Leesburg on Sunday. Any of you in that area??

I'm going to try to get on the exercise bike after I finish working and before the family gets here. Not a real intense workout - but it will be something. Also - the plan for dinner is nuggets and fries for the kids and I'll make myself a veggie patty on a wheat english muffin (4 points total). I'll likely end up having some of the fries too - but since they're baked I can probably have a few without too much negative effect.

RMuleri, Momvic - Great job on your weight loss so far. Do you find that when your clothes are looser it motivates you more to continue?
Sadie - I am SO with you on cheese - I LOVE it! I have found those laughing cow cheeses, although not quite as yummy, do help curb my cheese cravings. Have you ever tried them?
Indi - Good for you with the Treadmill - Mine broke a couple years ago, but I have a bike that I ride for 30 - 40 minutes, then I do squats, jumping jacks, some hand weights and crunches - so it ends up a decent workout at home when I have time to do all that!
brockash - We can do it!! Same size and shape - Let's go down a couple at a time together.
Kristen - I do recommend Weight Watchers, BUT it is a waste of money unless you are truly committed...you need to write everything down and stay on points (at least on almost all days) for it to work.
Triciasmom - I've never heard about Medifast....let us know how it works.

So concentrating on one day at a time and one good choice at a time - TODAY I will resist the temptations in the kitchen while working, I will get on the bike for at least a 1/2 hour! I will go to bed tonight without that guilty feeling....

Good luck today to all!

Last edited by brymolmom; 11-06-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: forgot
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #14
DVC Sadie
Those mashed taters are sounding good about now
The more they are washed the softer they get

brymolmom, Yes I have tried the laughing cow cheese and have some in my deli drawer as we speak. Sometimes I just have the need for cheese and I try to get by on a fresh slice of the Reggiano Parmesiano.

Can someone tell me to get off the computer and get my butt upstairs on the eliptical, pretty please. I need motivation and a good kick in the patootie this am.
DVC Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Momvic5
DIS Veteran

brymolmom...I think the best motivation has been dropping almost two sizes in my pants . It just helps with the mental part of the whole thing.

I didn't workout yesterday either. Tues/Thurs are very hard for me. My determination has to be strong on those days- my dd has soccer practice until 8:30pm and by the time we get home and get everyone ready for bed, it is 10:00. Many times, I am walking my hour on the treadmill after 10:00pm. Yesterday...I just couldn't find the desire.

Today...dh is home...we are thinking about going to the movies with the kids. I homeschool so we are all home to enjoy one. My biggest weakness is movie popcorn...I love it!! My plan is to enjoy the popcorn and then make up for it by eating a very light lunch and supper.

I love Laughing Cow cheese too!

Me DH DS DD DS
Momvic5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: