Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Great first day, Cass and I am loving all the photos! I saw Kira's "meltdown" photo after you finally go there and was reminded of a similar meltdown that my youngest had at the airport a few years ago. Also after we landed but they get over it quickly, don't they?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 1, Part 5

October 15th, 2009 - Travel Day, Checking-in to AKV

Ok, let's try to wrap this baby up!

After settling in at AKV, we were all starving!!! We were dying for some of those new chicken strips so we decided to walk over to Jambo House (AKL) and have some at The Mara.

Waiting for the elevator

We had a little bag from our Dis Tag in 2007 which worked great as a little diaper bag so we brought that with us and nothing else. Well Kira really wanted to carry it so I said sure. But since we had nothing to carry, I was laughing because it looked like we gave the two-year-old the bag to carry so we could be lazy!

I kept asking her if I could carry it for her but she said "Nope! My bag!"

Walking to Jambo House

The walk was awesome! The light at that time of the day was just beautiful. The temperature was perfect, not hot at all and it was a nice short walk.

Kira enjoyed walking around and exploring new places.

We made it to AKL and Mara and got some chicken strips and fries.

Now I don't know if it's because we were starving or because we hadn't eaten those strips in 2 years or because I have been eating so well and haven't had anything bad in quite some time but they were the MOST delicious thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not leave a single crumb on our tray!!! It was THAT good!!

We sat inside along the bench at the back of the restaurant where no one else was and Kira loved it! She kept walking and crawling along the bench back and forth to her daddy and the end of the bench. She was having so much fun.

We got a few dirty looks from people who I guess didn't appreciate Kira walking along the bench but her shoes were clean and she wasn't bothering anyone and she was happy, which isn't easy when we're eating

After our bellies were full, we walked back to our room and changed into our swimsuits.

I was really looking forward to going to this pool. I've seen pics of it online but they really didn't do it justice.

Spotting the Hidden Mickey on our way out

We got there just after 8 and found out all the spraying stuff stopped at 8pm but that was good for Kira because she doesn't like getting splashed plus there was no one else there in the kid area.

She loved playing in all the little pools

She didn't want to stay long in the small pools though, she kept asking to go to the big pool so off we went. This was a gorgeous zero entry pool, perfect for Kira!

She totally shocked me here!! I take her to the wave pool at home and she barely even wants to go in past her knees, even when the waves aren't going so when she went ALL the way up to her neck, I was just amazed!!!!

And it wasn't just once either, she kept on going and then when it got too deep she just reached out for my hands so I could make her float a little! She was fearless and soooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just kept thinking to myself..."Who IS this kid?????"

She was just beaming!!!!!!!!!!! She was so happy she wanted to stay there all night!

I took advantage of her good mood and got lots of kisses

Look at this, she is putting her face in the water!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO not my kid LOL!

And look how happy she is!!!

We stayed there for a couple of hours, going from pool to hot tub when she got too cold. Just a few minutes in the tub to warm her up and she wanted back in the pool lol.

Finally we had to go because it was getting late and she needed sleep.

Know what the first thing she did when we got back to the room?

Well, after we took off the cold wet swimming suit, that is?

You betcha....she got her Tink bag.

And the pic I took was one of my faves from the entire trip. I had to be creative and edit a little bit though

After getting a bath and jammies on, it was time for her bed. I was worried about her being able to fall asleep with us moving around the room and making noise (like in Edmonton in August) but she was snoring within 2 minutes of kissing her good-night LOL!

Rob checked his email and did a little surfing. I was so tired I passed out not long after Kira. And I slept so well in that glorious bed!!!

It was a very long, tough first day but she did pretty well, all things considered and the day ended so wonderful with AKV and supper and the pool and just the whole evening!!!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
misskate
Mouseketeer

Yay for Kira "diving right in" with her swimming. (Bad pun, sorry! ) I'm glad you had a great, yet eventful, first day.

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Bwhahahahahahaha!!!!!

Way to go Kira!

Lovin' the Trippie so far Cass. Great job sweets!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #20
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm signing on. I often say trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until my next Disney vacation. Thanks for your contribution....I need all the help I can get since we aren't heading back to Disney until May, 2010.
I totally understand...our next trip won't be for a very long time so I will have to read many trip reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
I loveee Disney. And these reports keep me sane as well.

I can't wait to read more!
I will try my best to update on a regular basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy7979 View Post
I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
Woo hoo, sign me up! Hope y'all are feeling better!
Thanks Paige, we are slowly getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Woo Hoo... great trip report!!!!

I remember those days in forgetting stuff. When my oldest who is 12 now was one we went on a NCL cruise and forgot to pack EXTRA baby wipes. I only had the ones in my diaper bag. I thought no big deal except the ship didn't sell baby wipes. Obviously, this was before they had a lot of families on ships. So, I figured at the next port we could get them. NOpe it was Sunday and all the stores were closed. So, we had a sea day inbetween and I finally got the wipes in St. Lucia. Let me tell you it was a trip we'll never forget. I felt bad for a our room steward because we had to get creative in making homemade wipes..
Wow, that must have been stressful!!! We did the same thing last trip with diapers, well we didn't forget them, we just didn't have enough. We ran out on our last flight and she had a very big diaper when we got home. I almost did it again this trip but got home with 1 diaper to spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskate View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty86 View Post
Loving it so far! And I know all about needing to stop and change my Facebook status from my phone....luckily my husband does it too so he doesn't get annoyed with me. :
LOL, I make fun of him all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
underdog and his sweet polly checking in to follow your adventures.
Wooohoooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was about to comment and then my computer shut down. By the time it rebooted you had already posted another update. Poor Kira, she was just so tired, she didn't know what to do except for have a meltdown. Sounds like a nap was just what she needed.:
Yup, that meltdown was totally understood and expected It was the unexpected ones that were really tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
LOVING IT!!!!!! Long, tiring travel day for sure, but at least the day ended on such a positive note! I have a feeling that after seeing your pictures of AKV, I'll want to rent some points myself. You haven't lost your knack for trip reports!!
Thanks hun, you are way too kind to me I highly recommend renting at AKV!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Great first day, Cass and I am loving all the photos! I saw Kira's "meltdown" photo after you finally go there and was reminded of a similar meltdown that my youngest had at the airport a few years ago. Also after we landed but they get over it quickly, don't they?
Yup, I call her my bipolar baby....one minute it's the end of the world...the next she is happy as can be

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskate View Post
Yay for Kira "diving right in" with her swimming. (Bad pun, sorry! ) I'm glad you had a great, yet eventful, first day.
I know eh! I was so proud of her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Bwhahahahahahaha!!!!!

Way to go Kira!

Lovin' the Trippie so far Cass. Great job sweets!
Thanks babe! By the way, I asked her today if she remembered who got her her favourite bag and she did! She said "Naaaaaaancy and Tuck!!"
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Cass! Cass! YAHOO!!!! You started! omg, you just made my entire night, I loved every single step...the cutie Kira pic looking out of the plane window omg, her carrying the bag on the way to dinner over the shoulder, then LOL the "birthday suit" Mickey on the butt Cass, you got me laughin right out loud!! Lovin everything, every detail. Can't wait for the next day already, great great job!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #22
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in... good start Cass... and of COURSE she loved the bag... it's

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 AM   #23
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Thanks babe! By the way, I asked her today if she remembered who got her her favourite bag and she did! She said "Naaaaaaancy and Tuck!!"

Awwww.

And this American can vouch for the great taste of Tim Hortons. I'm already on my second cup. (Don't tell my Dr though....Naaaaaaaancy shouldn't be drinking coffee anymore).
Old 11-06-2009, 06:41 AM   #24
Danadisney
Mouseketeer

I love your trip reports!!! We were at WDW Oct28-Nov3!!! I would have recognized you if we would have seen you though since my whole family has had a "missing Disney night" and watched one of your videos....lol. Glad you are posting

1991 CBR
2003 BC
April 2004 POFQ
Oct 2004 CSR
March 2005 CSR & AKL
October 2005 AKL
March 2006 CSR
December 2006 ASMu
September 2007 ASMu
December 2007 POFQ
November 2008 ASMu
Oct/Nov 2009 CBR

Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #25
disneyfam
Mouseketeer

YAAAYYY! Trip Report! WOOT! Keep it coming Cass!

Dec 29 Jan 1, 2010
Our trips as a family:
July 10-20, 2010 - Our first trip "home" as new DVC members!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #26
mansionterror
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say Hello Cass and that I am enjoying reading your TR. I love that Kira calls DW "DizzyWorld" that is what my son used to call it when he was little.

Lookng forward to more.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #27
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Great trippee..you've got me hooked. More please.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

LOVE your reports..

We both read it..
Old 11-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #29
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I am enjoying reading about your trip so far. I have never seen the special airplane belt for children. That is GREAT!

I loved seeing your pictures of AKV as well since that is our home resort and we havent been there yet. 20 more days!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #30
Darkrobe
Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Awwww.

And this American can vouch for the great taste of Tim Hortons. I'm already on my second cup. (Don't tell my Dr though....Naaaaaaaancy shouldn't be drinking coffee anymore).
Yay! Glad you like it Nancy
What does Chuck think? Probably not strong enough for him.

Well, I know what to get you for Xmas now

TC-7623 www.tc-7623.ca
Member of the 501st Badlands Garrison: www.badlands.ca

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: